HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Mar 3, 2019, 6:17 AM

The 2008 recession put development back about 5 years in most places. Most of the development in this area seems to have occurred in the last 5-6 years.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2019, 9:26 PM
They all float down here

The recession definitely hit at the worst time for the state and a great deal of development was either pushed back or canceled altogether. It's a shame, though, that this area remains stagnant for the most part. A few residential projects here and there are nice, but 300 West, once you get north of North Temple, is an absolute dead zone - and has been for decades now. I had hopes there'd be a decent amount of retail/residential development in the area of the library, something akin to 9th and 9th, but instead, it's woefully underdeveloped with nothing of major note on the horizon.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2019, 3:28 AM

I will be very interested to see if the South Davis BRT project - which is soon to enter the design phase - will have any immediate impact on development here. From the most recent maps, it runs up 300 West and stops four times before heading north into Davis County.

PDF Link:
https://www.rideuta.com/uploads/Davi...NAL_081914.pdf

Old Posted Mar 4, 2019, 1:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatman View Post
I will be very interested to see if the South Davis BRT project - which is soon to enter the design phase - will have any immediate impact on development here. From the most recent maps, it runs up 300 West and stops four times before heading north into Davis County.

PDF Link:
https://www.rideuta.com/uploads/Davi...NAL_081914.pdf
The areas impacted most will be along 4th West. It doesn't connect to 3rd West until around 9th North.

I do think that it will help to push development along 3rd West though. 1 block isn't too long of a distance to walk.

I wish that they would move the BRT to being center running along 4th West. Take it from 2 lanes each direction down to 1.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2019, 10:46 PM

That's my old neighborhood. This brings back memories of walking my dog and saying 'good morning' to the transients bathing in Warm Springs Park, making sure doggo didn't get into any paraphernalia or discarded food in the abandoned lots, and going down to the E-Z mart on 200 West 600 North to buy a loose cigarette from a crystal egg cup for $0.15.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2019, 1:58 PM

Let's hope that the current activity around the big Marmalade project will spur an acceleration of development in that area. I think we all realize the future will eventually catch up to that sector in a big way. I just hope it's much sooner than later.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2019, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Let's hope that the current activity around the big Marmalade project will spur an acceleration of development in that area. I think we all realize the future will eventually catch up to that sector in a big way. I just hope it's much sooner than later.
It will help but I think the BRT line to Davis County along 4th West will have a bigger impact to the area overall.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West