HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Dec 17, 2019, 4:23 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Crane Spotting 🌳 Sunday Morning

Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Dec 17, 2019, 4:27 PM
All man. Half nuts.

I think there are now 4 cranes downtown:
- 11th and Idaho
- Cartee (baby crane)
- St Luke's
- Home2Suites

... with one or two more coming soon?

Old Posted Dec 17, 2019, 7:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boisebro View Post
I think there are now 4 cranes downtown:
- 11th and Idaho
- Cartee (baby crane)
- St Luke's
- Home2Suites

... with one or two more coming soon?
The apartments by the Ram are using a big kid crane, too. It must have just gone up, it wasn't there Sunday.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2019, 7:36 PM

Sawtooth has used the catchphrase "Crane Spotting" over 25 times in this thread along with photos and I noticed today a local awesome media page has used the same phrase. Sawtooth and SSP definitely has some local influence.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2019, 3:35 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
Sawtooth has used the catchphrase "Crane Spotting" over 25 times in this thread along with photos and I noticed today a local awesome media page has used the same phrase. Sawtooth and SSP definitely has some local influence.
Ha, looks like there will be plenty of crane spotting in 2020.
Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Dec 18, 2019, 3:57 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Tamarack is now a 100% clean energy resort.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4Ne3HJH...=1rhg9ipgpfqk4

This place is an amazing resort especially now that the village is completed and more terrain has opened. It surely is the most beautifully situated new full service ski resort that has opened in years including any new proposal elsewhere. It may be the only new full service ski resort to open in the last 30 years or more.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3m0DPKH...d=4dab9wnyori0

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B2wQFVl...=1bs5v1lrfed7n

Old Posted Dec 18, 2019, 4:53 PM
All man. Half nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawtooth View Post
Tamarack is now a 100% clean energy resort.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4Ne3HJH...=1rhg9ipgpfqk4

This place is an amazing resort especially now that the village is completed and more terrain has opened. It surely is the most beautifully situated new full service ski resort that has opened in years including any new proposal elsewhere. It may be the only new full service ski resort to open in the last 30 years or more.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3m0DPKH...d=4dab9wnyori0

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B2wQFVl...=1bs5v1lrfed7n

is the village completed? the only new I've seen is that it's still under construction, and a google search doesn't reveal any finished photos.

it will be nice when done. maybe they'll even revive Andre Aggasi's Fairmont Tamarack hotel plans someday.

image from the Idaho Statesman

Old Posted Dec 18, 2019, 5:01 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Quote:
is the village completed? the only new I've seen is that it's still under construction, and a google search doesn't reveal any finished photos.
Whoops, I missed adding "nearly" before completed.

https://tamarackidaho.com

https://villageattamarack.com/village

Old Posted Dec 20, 2019, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post

It wasn't conscious... but this is probably where it seeped into my brain. It's a good phrase!

Old Posted Dec 22, 2019, 6:42 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Quote:

Photobucket had a complete power outage late last week at their primary data center and they are still attempting to bring all of the accounts back on line.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2019, 5:29 PM

We close on our condo in downtown Boise on Friday. Having lived all of my 55 years in Queens, NY, I'm excited to become a Boise resident!

I never once went to see the ball drop in Times Square but I'll be at the Potato Drop this year!

Old Posted Dec 23, 2019, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
We close on our condo in downtown Boise on Friday. Having lived all of my 55 years in Queens, NY, I'm excited to become a Boise resident!

I never once went to see the ball drop in Times Square but I'll be at the Potato Drop this year!
Welcome! Don't let the few locals who're overly vocal about keeping people from moving to Boise scare you away. They're few and far between and usually stick to their keyboards and city council meetings.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 2:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFTransplant View Post
Welcome! Don't let the few locals who're overly vocal about keeping people from moving to Boise scare you away. They're few and far between and usually stick to their keyboards and city council meetings.
Thanks!

I can understand and empathize with those that feel that way. All I can do is try and be the best resident and neighbor possible and respect those values and traditions that made this city and state what it is. I won't get political except to say it is a big reason why we're leaving NYC.

Merry Christmas to all those that contribute to this great message board.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 2:54 PM
All man. Half nuts.

Quote:

Welcome, and hope you have a safe trip.

I’ll bet you had to deal with the same questions I did when I told people I was moving to Boise. Generally, they’d give me a quizzical look and say, “Why Iowa?”

Many still think that. Until they visit. Then they get it.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 3:17 PM

Quote:
Welcome, and hope you have a safe trip.

I’ll bet you had to deal with the same questions I did when I told people I was moving to Boise. Generally, they’d give me a quizzical look and say, “Why Iowa?”

Many still think that. Until they visit. Then they get it.

Yes, definitely the Iowa thing a number of times! The best was someone telling me to enjoy the 9 feet of snow every other day...lol I'm guessing people from the west coast have a better idea of Boise but those here are completely clueless about it.
We fell in love with Boise on our first visit in 2017 and have been back 4 times since. We didn't intend to make the move for another year or two but things just happened faster than expected, that's why we're not full time yet. Hopefully at least 1 week a month until that time, probably longer in the summer. Very excited!

Sorry to hijack! Carry on...

Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 3:26 PM

Another year and thanks for all of the info in this thread.

Quote:
Photobucket had a complete power outage late last week at their primary data center and they are still attempting to bring all of the accounts back on line.
And thanks to you Sawtooth for posting your exceptional photos and keeping us who are away from Boise in touch with what is going on through your camera lens. Much appreciated!

Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 6:19 PM

Quote:
I won't get political except to say it is a big reason why we're leaving NYC.
I sympathize... I can't imagine living among folks who idolized CheetoGod for 40 years in NYC and actually thought he had business acumen.

Welcome to Boise! You'll be welcome in this increasingly diverse city in the West. Being right downtown will awesome for all the PrideFest activities in June (a great weekend of activities that bring tons of families out), Indigenous People's Day at the state Capitol, and, of course, Treefort Music Festival, which will bring all kinds of diverse music and other activities in March!

Old Posted Dec 25, 2019, 2:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhGoodGlavin View Post
I sympathize... I can't imagine living among folks who idolized CheetoGod for 40 years in NYC and actually thought he had business acumen.

Welcome to Boise! You'll be welcome in this increasingly diverse city in the West. Being right downtown will awesome for all the PrideFest activities in June (a great weekend of activities that bring tons of families out), Indigenous People's Day at the state Capitol, and, of course, Treefort Music Festival, which will bring all kinds of diverse music and other activities in March!
I see what you're going for. I'm socially moderate/libertarian. Live and let live. It's the fiscal issues where I am conservative. Thanks for the welcome!

Old Posted Dec 25, 2019, 9:33 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Thumbs down

Old Posted Dec 26, 2019, 6:55 PM

A fence has gone up around the old BizPrint building, looks like they are getting ready for the demolition there.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West