HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 9:58 PM

Here is a view of the roof trusses in use as a shelter. Looks almost like a snow shed over part of the site.

[IMG][/IMG]

There is another one currently being framed out which I guess will be moved to the right (east) of this one as it appears there is a support beam running along the lower end

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 10:04 PM

Thanks for the photo.

I noticed that this AM, but couldn't tell exactly what was going on. The ramp looking thing they have framed up at the other location seems almost perfect like its forming the ramp. But maybe they'll move it over to this location.

I wonder whats special about covering that area? Maybe elevator core for tower 2? No can't be. Doesn't even look like there will be any buildings above that location. Just the plaza. We shall see.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 10:15 PM

From my view at work it looks like the angle would go over the top of the site trailers if PCL put an extension at the top end.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 4:33 PM
What could go wrong?

"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Last edited by Biff; Jan 31, 2017 at 7:04 PM.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 4:35 PM
What could go wrong?

Bump again...
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 5:44 PM

Thanks Biff.

Saved this one as it caught a lift of those roof trusses in progress.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 10:35 PM

they are not placing the truss units next to each other and the chipboard has traction(?) cleats on the surface so I am going to be interested to see what happens with them.

From my window at City Place I see that they have enough truss frames to build one if not two more of those sized units.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2017, 5:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cllew View Post
they are not placing the truss units next to each other and the chipboard has traction(?) cleats on the surface so I am going to be interested to see what happens with them.

From my window at City Place I see that they have enough truss frames to build one if not two more of those sized units.

I think they are for the parking ramps as well...

It's the bottom of the form work IMO.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2017, 5:49 PM

Also, my Q on the elevator core for tower two. Looks like you can see it rising behind the tower crane in clew's last photo. Black coloured thing looks similar to the elevator core of the other tower.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2017, 7:00 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

looks like hording of some sort

Old Posted Feb 3, 2017, 4:01 PM

I'm pretty bummed that the Hargrave side will likely have zero street presence and will be mostly loading docks and blank emergency exits... I really want to see the pedestrian market concept (from SHED renderings) and cityplace streetfront re-opening have a chance.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2017, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
looks like hording of some sort
In the latest cam photo you can see the same type of form work as tower 1 elevator core, now poking above the end of those trusses they put in place. Not that it really matters..

Also, to the commnets on Hargrave being a dead zone, yes it's too bad. Looking at the form work they're doing on that building core, looks like there is a taller, maybe 2 storey, entrance. So hopefully it's more than just emerg exits, and people will at least be coming and going along that stretch daily. Maybe there will some (one?) small retail unit in there somewhere.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 3:57 PM

I'm still confused by the roof trusses. Placing more on the west side. Both areas are overtop locations where the lower level does not extend to the outer wall. Essentially they're covering up dirt right now.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 4:14 PM
What could go wrong?

^^^Grow-op?

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 4:33 PM

Well they do have lots of hoarding and heating going on. So you never know. Maybe they leave the LED's on so bright all the time to hide the grow lights?! lol

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 10:55 PM

There putting up tarps on the ends and in between the gaps to sort of enclose the area.

I see the area that was done by the powerhouse has the Wacker Nelson ground heater(s) there to warm the dirt up.

I would guess once the frost is out PCL will change to the propane heaters and get ready to put in forms/rebar and do a concrete slab.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 11:01 PM

Here is a picture from earlier this afternoon. As you can see there is still one more unit to lift into place. I don't see anymore truss units onsite so I wonder if PCL will just lift and move them around as required?

Old Posted Feb 9, 2017, 2:54 PM

Thanks for the photo cllew. You get a nice vantage point from there!

They're currently tarping on the sections on the west side. That makes sense actually to defrost the soil before putting the concrete overtop.

Also in the midst of a concrete pour for the main floor slab they have formed up.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2017, 9:49 PM

And another section of floor halfway poured when I finished work for the day at 2:30

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Posted Feb 9, 2017, 10:03 PM
the first stamp is free

^ it's kinda cold outside. They may want to put a tarp over that...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan