HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 8, 2014, 5:03 PM

From the Tennessean this morning. A massive $1 billion dollar mixed-use development planned near Natchez Trace. This thing would be huge encompassing 850 acres, include up to 1,400 custom homes, commercial and office space, as well as an 85-100 room boutique hotel.

$1 billion dollar mixed-use development planned near Natchez Trace
http://www.tennessean.com/story/mone...race/10104291/
Quote:
Nashville developer John Rochford has 850 acres surrounded by the Natchez Trace Parkway under contract, with plans for a development that would cost more than $1 billion and be built over the next two decades.

The community, dubbed Stephens Valley, is expected to include up to 1,400 custom homes. The commercial section that will front The Loveless Cafe along Highway 100 would include restaurant, space and office space, plus an 85- to 100-room boutique hotel.
Quote:
Rochford expects to complete the purchase of the first 150 acres from the Stephens family within the next 18 months. He's seeking input from planning officials in Davidson and Williamson counties and other area stakeholders to guide development of a master plan for the property.
Quote:
Under Rochford's plans, 450 acres would be open space, with seven miles of trails through the hills connected to the Natchez Trace Parkway for community use. Density would be greater in the valley surrounded by 19 hills to make the project financially viable, he said, citing plans to develop some estate lots of up to five acres to reduce density near the Trace.

Rochford sees Stephens Valley helping to address the need for more residential lots to meet increased demand for residences as Nashville grows. "This will truly be a live, work and play community and will be the next step in an unfolding master plan," he said about Stephens Valley.
Quote:
Over the next five years, 64,400 lots would have to be developed in the 11-county Nashville region to ensure adequate supply, said Edsel Charles, chairman of MarketGraphics Research Group of Nashville, a new home market research firm. "Williamson County needs the lots really bad," he said. "You would have a hard time making a mistake on land development in Williamson County. Most everything works."

Last edited by MIRYDI; Jun 8, 2014 at 5:48 PM.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2014, 1:47 AM

I think what is exciting me about the future is the increase in multi-family housing. Nashville simply doesn't have enough of it, and the more that is built, generally speaking the increased stock will moderate prices as demand picks up.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2014, 3:18 AM
Nashville born and raised

It's been a little quiet this week, but waiting on a few things to happen in the next few weeks to move things along and get some more cranes up. Hopefully we'll see;

> A rendering for the new SESAC building on Music Row; not tall but designed by top Nashville Architects, Tuck-Hinton. I hope it fits in the area well.

> Actual ground breaking on the 33 story SoBro Apartments.

> More details and a conceptual rendering on the Richard Branson, Virgin Hotel on Music Row.

> Demolition completed and groundbreaking begun on the 16/17 story, Buckingham Apartment/Hotel project in Mid-town.

> A large surprise project!

Old Posted Jun 13, 2014, 5:06 AM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
It's been a little quiet this week, but waiting on a few things to happen in the next few weeks to move things along and get some more cranes up. Hopefully we'll see;

> A rendering for the new SESAC building on Music Row; not tall but designed by top Nashville Architects, Tuck-Hinton. I hope it fits in the area well.

> More details and a conceptual rendering on the Richard Branson, Virgin Hotel on Music Row.

> Demolition completed and groundbreaking begun on the 16/17 story, Buckingham Apartment/Hotel project in Mid-town.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Jun 13, 2014, 6:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post

Is this just wishful thinking, or you know something?

Old Posted Jun 13, 2014, 7:05 PM
Nashville born and raised

No, I have no inside information. Just hoping!

Old Posted Jun 14, 2014, 12:03 AM

^Gotchya. It has been pretty quiet the past week or two. Hopefully it's just the calm before the storm...

I know lately it seem's like every time there is a lull in announcements, something big pops up out of nowhere. I'm really hoping the next big news we hear about is with the SoBro. It's long overdue for this to get going and I'm actually starting to get a little impatient with it myself. I've banned myself from saying it's going to start anytime now as I'm starting to sound like a broken record...

One thing I'm hoping to see soon is some kind of rendering for the Turnberry project. I'm really anxious to see what they have planned and hoping that this is going to be a big and flashy project like some people are thinking it will be. Also looking forward to seeing some renderings for the SCRI and Parallon headquarters in the North Gulch. You would think they have would have a design nailed down by now...

Old Posted Jun 14, 2014, 12:52 AM

It's just the normal cycle. Lots of activity one month, nada the next.

There IS a lot going on, though, if you think about it. We're just waiting on a handful of big projects to start moving some dirt around.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2014, 7:52 PM

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...signature.html

Does this mean that the nail has officially been placed in the coffin for 505 CST? Or will Tony G really have enough space left over (0.4 acres) to develop something meaningful on this site?

Old Posted Jun 18, 2014, 8:58 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfloftis View Post

Does this mean that the nail has officially been placed in the coffin for 505 CST? Or will Tony G really have enough space left over (0.4 acres) to develop something meaningful on this site?
Yes for 505 CST. However, that .4 acres is enough for a residential development to take place there.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2014, 11:04 PM
Future God

I suspect it's enough space for the alternate 750 foot all residential proposal. Hopefully we'll at least get that.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Jun 19, 2014, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfloftis View Post

Agreed with what BNA and Ark said. With this parking garage now being built on most of the property that would pretty much eliminate the possibility of 505CST or the mixed-use tower being built. Definitely disappointing news to say the least but hopefully that 0.4 acres remaining would be enough to allow for at least the all residential tower. More than likely we will see some kind of revised design of that tower in the future but who knows at this point. We'll just have to see how it all plays out.

In other news...William Morris is reportedly going to anchor the 15 story Eakin building in the Gulch that's supposed to start construction this summer. They will be taking up 26,000 square feet. Also reported is that another unnamed tenant has been signed for an additional 26,000 square feet. All in all good news for this project.

William Morris to anchor Eakin's Gulch office tower
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...ice-tower.html
Quote:
William Morris Endeavor will leave its digs in Roundabout Plaza to anchor a new, 15-story tower at 1201 Demonbreun St. in the Gulch.
The California-based entertainment agency will take 26,000 square feet in the building that Eakin Partners plans to begin construction on this summer, The Tennessean reports. WME had outgrown its current 17,500-square-foot space in the Roundabout Plaza office building.
Quote:
John Eakin tells the newspaper that another unnamed tenant also has signed a lease for another 26,000 square feet in the planned office tower near the Twelve Twelve condominiums.
Also, here is a new render of the building. From the looks of how tall it is compared to 1212 in the background (275ft) this should definitely be over 200'. It's not the tallest building or anything, but I think it will look great next to the 1212 condo tower that seem's kind of lonely at the moment.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2014, 2:34 PM

The 279 unit "Aspire" apartment project next to the Sheds on Charlotte is scheduled to start construction in July. (rendering below)

Mid-July start targeted for Midtown apartment project
http://nashvillepost.com/news/2014/6...rtment_project
Quote:
Lincoln Property Co. is targeting a mid-July groundbreaking for its Charlotte Avenue residential project to be called Aspire.

The 279-unit apartment building will be located at the northwest corner of 23rd and Charlotte avenues in Midtown. The building’s exterior will feature metal, brick and glass and offer a somewhat industrial aesthetic in keeping with many of the structures located within the general area. For example, Blackstone Brewing Co. operates a warehouse facility on nearby Clifton Avenue and Holladay Properties is currently undertaking its The Sheds on Charlotte on land adjacent to the 3.6-acre Aspire site.
Quote:
Chuck Shallat, Lincoln Southeast Division executive vice president, said the company is in the permitting process and is working on both final elevations and closing on its construction loan for Aspire.
Quote:
For Aspire, Atlanta-based Rafael A. Garcia and Associates is serving as architect, with Lincoln Contractors (a division of Lincoln) to handle the general contracting duties.

Aspire will join Lincoln’s 232-unit 909 Flats, currently under construction on Rosa Parks Boulevard in North Nashville’s Hope Gardens neighborhood. Relatedly, Lincoln is reportedly looking to soon close on the purchase of the central business district’s Fifth Third Center, according to The Tennessean.

Also, a poster on Urban Planet reported that there was some activity on the SoBro site the other day. They were doing some paint marking on the lot, as well as measuring the height of the utility lines.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2014, 2:55 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRYDI View Post
Also, here is a new render of the building. From the looks of how tall it is compared to 1212 in the background (275ft) this should definitely be over 200'. It's not the tallest building or anything, but I think it will look great next to the 1212 condo tower that seem's kind of lonely at the moment.
No doubt. I'm excited to see it break ground and start to rise. With this tower and Gulch Crossing, a fairly nice street wall will be formed along Demonbreun and the Gulch will become more dense. In 3 or so years and the Gulch could potentially be an extremely busy place at almost anytime of the day.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2014, 6:54 PM
Future God

So, according to Tony himself, the 750 foot all residential version of 505CST is officially what he is aiming for on the site that shares the new parking garage:

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...kyscraper.html

As a reminder, this is the proposal:

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Jun 19, 2014, 7:16 PM

^ I was just about to post this. Happy to read he's still pursuing the residential tower. Here's another rendering.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2014, 7:25 PM
Future God

I feel about this how I feel about Austin ' tallest. It is an attractive, slick looking residential tower. However, it doesn't really have any of the iconic characteristics that a city's signature tower should have. I kinda wish that the roof was shortened by about fifty feet or something to make room within the FAR height limit for a crown of some kind. But then, that would mean less units and therefore, less revenue, so I understand.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Jun 19, 2014, 8:07 PM

Upside: taller than 505 CST and actually more feasible.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2014, 8:21 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Upside: taller than 505 CST and actually more feasible.
That's exactly what I'm thinking. It's a lot easier to find enough condo buyers to gain financing than it is a major corporate relocation.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2014, 8:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
It's a lot easier to find enough condo buyers to gain financing than it is a major corporate relocation.
That's right. Presumably Tony G is keeping the Sheet Music proposal in his back pocket in case that latter event happens, and meanwhile he can make money off the 505 property as a residential project. Seems like a sensible strategy.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations