HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YXE View Post
Hadn't even heard of this project - it looks fantastic. Is it dead?
What are you referring to?

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:26 PM

Was looking for an old rendering of the condo project being discussed here (couldn't find it), but found this article which reminded me of another Queen Street Project. Anyone know where this one is at? I am never in that area of city, so not sure if anything started yet.

https://thestarphoenix.com/news/loca...-for-city-park

Old Posted Today, 1:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt_center View Post
Unfortunately there is a ton of vacant office space on Queen Street. And one of it's largest practices, City Centre Family Physicians (with 20+ drs) recently moved to Stonebridge (but kept the name City Centre). AFAIK their former space has remained vacant.

I hope this new building attracts professional tenants. Likewise I hope that the new build at Queen & 2nd fills up. Hopefully Queen Street can recover a bit. Its a great street with tons of potential. As usual, though everything is about parking parking parking. That's all that seems to matter in this town.

Speaking of parking and Queen St... I was very disappointed when the Shangri-La basically put up big blank walls (i.e. parking) on its ground floor. That's not what the street needs to become more vibrant. I wish stuff like that was not permitted. At least this new development does include some underground parking (I had speculated earlier in this thread that maybe it had only surface parking).
A friend of mine knows one of the doctors in this practice very well. The reasons they moved are as follows:
1. They outgrew the building and needed more space.
2. The doctors wanted to own their own building.
3. And parking, parking, parking. There was insufficient parking in the area for all the staff and patients.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan