HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Sep 22, 2023, 6:02 PM

Modera Marmalade

https://citizenportal.slcgov.com/Cit...howInspection=

Address: 436 W 400 N

Project Description (from developer): Modera Marmalade is a new 531,823 square foot, 356-unit, multi-family residential development in the Capitol Hill District, TSA-UC-T zone. The Project, located on a 3.52-acre parcel in Salt Lake City, UT includes the design and development of approximately 356 +/- Market Rate Apartments of Type IIIa, wood framed construction wrapping a naturally-ventilated Ib, cast in place concrete parking structure with approximately 442 parking spaces. Unit designs will include a total of 19 base unit types with required variations based on skin conditions. Approximately 11,000 sf of Leasing and Amenities will be provided. Pool courtyard will be at grade. An additional amenity is planned on the rooftop of the parking structure. Five stories of residential units and amenity will be located adjacent to the parking structure. Amenity spaces will include fitness, clubroom, shared work, outdoor pool courtyard, inner courtyard, and garage rooftop lounge/deck. The project will consist of a mix of urban 1-bed (16.29%), 1-bed (39.89%), 1-bed+den (7.87%), 2-bed (21.63%), 2-bed+den (12.92%), and 3-bed (1.40%) units at an average unit square footage of 868 NSF.

Additional Site Plans & Vicinity Map:

Last edited by Blah_Amazing; Sep 22, 2023 at 6:16 PM.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2023, 6:15 PM

Liberty Corner - Design Review

https://citizenportal.slcgov.com/Cit...howInspection=

Address: 1265 S 300 W

Developer: Cowboy Partners

Building Salt Lake article on the project: https://buildingsaltlake.com/new-bal...ordable-units/

Project Description (from developer):
Liberty Corner is a community of 200 affordable, family-sized homes located in the Ballpark Neighborhood of Salt Lake City. The project consists entirely of rent-restricted units and will utilize income averaging such that the entire project will average rents at less than 60% of Area Median Income (AMI) while serving families earning a range between 25% AMI to 80% AMI. Income averaging rents at 60% allows for deep penetration of affordable, extending to 25% AMI, all the while providing affordable housing to another underserved portion of the population at 80% AMI. Families needing 80% AMI units are not traditionally targeted by affordable housing subsidies, nor are they well-served by the market, and certainly not by current new construction cost basis. The need for Liberty Corner’s large family units across the income spectrum is both crucial and urgent. Critical in terms of its importance and impact as part of a reasoned response to Salt Lake City’s housing crisis, and urgent in terms of the need for affordable housing for families.

Liberty Corner is mission-designed. The intent of every element of the undertaking is to create an environment in which those families that move into Liberty Corner are given the opportunity to live in a safe and uplifting environment that fits their needs. The community is designed for families. The 200 residential units are designed as two-, three-, and four-bedroom apartments with a majority of the units in the community being three- and four-bedrooms. Every unit will include full kitchens, a complete appliance package of a range, oven, dishwasher, microwave, washer, and dryer, and at least two bathrooms. The units provide a complete home for an entire family that is safe, secure, and dignified.

Liberty Corner provides a place that families can call their home and they can be proud of the home in which they live. A critical complement to Liberty Corner’s units are the community amenities. The community will provide a fitness center/gym, a clubroom with lounge, game area and a kids room, as well as flex space that can be used for group gatherings, additional lounge space, work/study space, community events, and life skills classes. As Liberty Corner is a family-oriented community, an outdoor water amenity is planned, along with generous outdoor open space, programming and equipment, including a tot-lot, delivering the experience of a ‘backyard’ within an urban residential apartment community.

Liberty Corner is a seven-story, Type IIIA over Type IA building applying for design review as required by the Commercial General zone for buildings seeking greater than 60’ in height. The tallest point of architectural expression in Liberty Corner is 85’. The building’s exterior materials are primarily brick, glass, metal and cement-fiber panel. Brick and glass are the dominant materials. The community’s unit mix includes 96 2-bedroom units ranging from 870 sf to 1,016 SF; 80 3-bedroom units ranging from 1,107 sf to 1,273 sf; and 24 4-bedroom units ranging from 1,364 sf to 1,460 sf. The over site density is 98 units/acre. The breakdown of proposed uses and space can be found with the design package, along with parking calculations.

Building Elevations:

Floor Plans:

Vicinity Map, Building section, wall section:

Old Posted Sep 22, 2023, 6:54 PM

Old Posted Sep 22, 2023, 7:23 PM
Space Magi

Here's the best shot from that post. Makes me wonder if the Greektown development is still happening.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2023, 7:24 PM

Astra lookin' good peaking up like that

Old Posted Sep 22, 2023, 9:57 PM
NIMBY Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by meman View Post
Hey Schmoe, are there any plans for a topping-out ceremony for the Astra Tower? If so when?
October 12th, but it is not a public event. There should be media coverage, though, so keep an eye out that evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meman View Post
By the way great pictures from the top of the tower crane!!!
Thank you! That was an opportunity I could not pass up.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2023, 10:01 PM
NIMBY Hater

Also, here is a time lapse of Astra Tower:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld8HzFQeBsU

Old Posted Sep 22, 2023, 11:16 PM
of SLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoe View Post
Also, here is a time lapse of Astra Tower:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld8HzFQeBsU

Old Posted Sep 24, 2023, 3:09 AM
Lahaina Strong

By Carter Williams, KSL.com | Posted - Sept. 23, 2023 at 10:14 a.m.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2023, 11:36 AM

Housing. Could probably get about 82 units in this building.

Subdivide parcel, sell the surface parking to another housing developer with a contract to provide enough parking for their housing development and this building in perpetuity, and then use the money from the subdivided parcel to renovate the existing building into housing units while maintaining its historic exterior.

Last edited by Old&New; Sep 24, 2023 at 9:45 PM.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2023, 12:43 AM
They all float down here

I pray they find something to keep that building. Not a lot of International Style buildings in SLC.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2023, 4:03 AM
Lahaina Strong

I snagged a few Sugar House area photos today.

Sugar Alley.

Sugarmont Place? Not 100% sure that's the name. 9th east and Sugarmont.

Lotus Republic Sugarhouse.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2023, 4:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
I pray they find something to keep that building. Not a lot of International Style buildings in SLC.
Thank god for that.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2023, 3:10 PM

Speaking of Sugarhouse projects, here are a couple that weren't shown in the photos. I drive on I-80 to 13th east and have seen construction activity for the first one below. I'm not sure if the 2nd one below has started.

https://bkvgroup.com/projects/sugar-house/

https://buildingsaltlake.com/another...se-urban-core/

Last edited by Orlando; Sep 25, 2023 at 10:16 PM.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2023, 3:17 PM

Man, that NW Pipeline building is just so much garbage. It's going to be such a waste of money to renovate and update the exterior and it will still woefully underperform on that site. For the life of me, I will never understand the rationale behind its national listing or how the application actually went through. It's an insignificant example by an insignificant architect that adds no value to the community except for the self-congratulatory back pats for the preservationists.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2023, 3:33 PM
Space Magi

Skyline shot from Rice-Eccles on Saturday:

Old Posted Sep 25, 2023, 9:16 PM

Great shot Atlas! This particular angle is one of the more complimentary I've seen in a while. With the new additions, especially in this pic 111, Astra, and 95 South State added into the mix it's really starting to look like a substantial skyline. If they keep up the pace with mid-rise infill, a few new tallest into the mix plus some added height on the south end between 4th and 6th SLC will begin to look like a skyline worthy of its CSA population.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Skyline shot from Rice-Eccles on Saturday:

Last edited by delts145; Sep 25, 2023 at 9:36 PM.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2023, 9:54 PM
Eschew Obfuscation

Some nice shots of downtown from the subreddit.
Original pics by u/ColoradoDrone
https://www.reddit.com/r/Development...k_some_photos/

Astra

Original pic by u/Jolly_Fact_823
https://www.reddit.com/r/Development...i/astra_92223/

Worthington
Original pics by u/HossTR
https://www.reddit.com/r/Development...week_of_92523/

Old Posted Sep 26, 2023, 4:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileybo View Post
Thank god for that.
True, the International Style sucks. However, it would be nice to keep the few that we have. I think cities are more interesting when they have a variety of architectural styles from different time periods.

Lately I've been the guy who says "tear it down" and if it truly isn't financially viable to renovate this building than yeah, tear it down ..but I'm really hoping someone can fix it up and turn it into something useful and interesting.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2023, 1:36 PM

Interesting that the same team that designed the Northwest Pipeline building also designed the very handsome and elegant Clift Building, which is one of my favorites downtown. I'm definitelly a proponent of restoring the Pipeline Building, though I would like to see a few more buildings downtown with the same classic vibe as the Clift. Restore and freshen up the Pipeline because it is a significantly unique design downtown. I agree with RC14 that design variety downtown is important. I just wouldn't want to see too many of that particular style in the CBD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paniolo Man View Post

By Carter Williams, KSL.com | Posted - Sept. 23, 2023 at 10:14 a.m.

Last edited by delts145; Sep 26, 2023 at 1:47 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West