HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Sep 30, 2021, 11:45 PM

So...sorry to be a debbie downer here, but a 40 story residential tower is most likely closer to the 448'. Typically the floor to floor height in these towers are about 10'. The upper floors will could go as high as 12' floor to floor. So, to have the typical floor to floor for all the units be 12' would make this a super high-end luxury tower. And, I'm doubting they can make that pencil. BUT, I hope I am wrong! Absolutely!

Last edited by Orlando; Oct 1, 2021 at 12:17 AM.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2021, 11:56 PM
Space Magi

I'm also leaning toward "it's a typo" but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2021, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
So...sorry to be a debbie downer here, but a 40 story residential tower is most likely closer to the 448'. Typically the floor to floor height in these towers are about 10'. The upper floors will could go as high as 12' floor to floor. So, to have the typical floor to floor for all the units be 12' would make this a super high-end luxury tower. And, I'm doubting they can make that pencil. BUT, I hope I am wrong! Absolutely!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
I'm also leaning toward "it's a typo" but I'd love to be proven wrong.
Honestly, even if it is a typo, I’m gonna be happy. I just want this tower to get built. Whether it’s 448 or 488 feet tall, it getting done is the most important thing.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2021, 1:47 AM

Quote:
Yeah, you are probably right. I started looking up Astra/Kensington tower online for articles and half the articles had the details correct and half didn’t so it could definitely just be bad info. I sure do wonder what the tower would look like in a mock up city view at 488

Old Posted Oct 1, 2021, 3:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nushiof View Post
There is all kinds of black paint going up on all sides of the Walker Center Parking Garage. Hopefully it is more than just lots of black paint.

For example, the colorful and flamboyant owl against the black backdrop on the Impact Hub building next door is awesome. Would love to see something similar.
I drove by today and it has a diagonal split between black and white. It's kind of cool. Very simple but interesting.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2021, 9:17 AM

Project Updates 9/26/2021 - The West Quarter Phase 1, Hyatt Regency, 650 S Main, Paperbox Apartments, The Post District, Evo Campus,The Olive, & The June.

The West Quarter Phase 1 - Two 11-floor buildings, with 242 residential units and 272 hotel guest rooms with ground floor retail. - under construction

The West Quarter Phase 1 - Two 11-floor buildings, with 242 residential units and 272 hotel guest rooms with ground floor retail. - under construction

Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City - a ~700 guest room hotel connected to the Salt Palace - under construction

Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City - a ~700 guest room hotel connected to the Salt Palace - under construction

650 S Main - a 10 floor, 320,000 sq ft office building- under construction

Paperbox Apartments - 184 units - construction seems to be moving slowly

Paperbox Apartments - 184 units - construction seems to be moving slowly

Post District/ Post House - under construction - that billboard though

Post District/ Post House - under construction

Evo Campus - work seems to be happening, but is now a year behind original opening date schedule

Evo Campus - work seems to be happening, but is now a year behind original opening date schedule

The Olive - 6 floors, 120 units - under construction

The June - 7 floors, 102 units - no work done on site so far

Old Posted Oct 1, 2021, 4:58 PM

Great picture update Blah!

Design review for The June is on the agenda for the next planning commission meeting, so I imagine it won't get started for a little bit at least.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2021, 5:05 PM

TAG Euclid - Transit Station Development

https://citizenportal.slcgov.com/Cit...howInspection=

Address: 947 West Euclid Ave

The Basics: 6 floors, 40 residential units, 20 parking stalls (0.5:1 parking ratio). Replaces 1 single-family residence

Project Description (from developer):
TAG Euclid is a proposed 6 story, 59’-4” high 40-unit multifamily project. The existing property is a single-family residence.

It is a Type IIIB wood framed construction over a Type IA concrete podium with the vertical circulation in stacked bond masonry towers. The first floor consists of a front lobby with a mail area and access to the elevator and stair tower. There is another lobby from the parking garage with access to the elevator and stair tower. First floor bike storage is accessed from the street front. The bike storage also includes graphic art which is visible from the street through the glazing. The parking garage contains 19 stalls and 1 ADA stall for a total of 20 stalls.

The front façade is clad with open-jointed fiber concrete panels, stacked bond masonry and glazing. The side and back facades are clad in EIFS with stacked bond masonry towers and a concrete base for the first floor. Each unit has a balcony that is a minimum of 6’-0” x 5’-0”. The front balconies are 6’-0” x 12’-0”. 30 units are 1 bedroom plus a den, 10 units are 1 bedroom. 5 units (1 bedroom +) are Type A accessible units (12.5%) while the remaining 35 units are Type B accessible units. The bedrooms range in square footages 598 SF to 785 SF.

The lot size is 9,990 SF and we have set aside 1,490 SF of open space around the building which is over 15% of the lot size. This landscaping will also be designed with sustainable materials. The front landscaping will contain sculptures as public art.

Project Rendering - Northeast view

Project Rendering - Northwest view

Project Rendering - Southeast view

Project Rendering - North view

Site Plan

Vicinity Map

Project Elevations:

Old Posted Oct 1, 2021, 5:07 PM

Currently working on a project on 348 South Temple. It will be a 7 story multifamily that overtakes the parking lot behind the pre-existing building. I can update you on the total amount of units later today potentially.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2021, 12:17 AM

218 West Broadway Apartments - Design Review

Address: 218 West 300 South

The Basics: 7 floors + rooftop level. 88'-4" tall. 46 residential units. aprox. 820 sq. feet of ground floor retail. Architect: Axis Architects.

The 218 W Broadway Apartments is a new boutique mixed-use project located on 218 W and 300 South, in the heart of downtown. The Broadway district is the center of the city’s entertainment district, with a mix of theaters, restaurants and clubs. It is animated by its dynamic and unique street activity. Our project aligns with the Broadway District initiatives and promotes walkability as well as Urban density to help develop the downtown plan vision. In response to the major population growth that Utah is experiencing, this project will provide additional residential density and create a nexus for sustainable urban living, commerce, and cultural life in downtown Salt Lake City.

With its minimal and iconic architecture, this building will add to the fabric of the city and will reflect the vision of a strong and vibrant downtown. The livability of this area will be improved by providing additional housing units and commercial space, and removing the old defunct drycleaner. Our project will bring multiple housing choices, which aligns with the downtown plan. It is located on a very active intersection which will promote activity and bring life into this area of downtown.

The building façades are oriented towards 300 S, 200W, as well as the alley to the North to respond to the unique site conditions. The façade design is visible on all 3 sides by pedestrian as well as vehicular traffic. The 300 S façade includes ample glazing along the street level which helps activate the fourteen-feet-tall storefronts to encourage pedestrian interaction and visual interest. The upper levels contain the residences, which consists of junior-one bedrooms as well as two-story Lofts on the top floor.

The building mass has been divided into a grid system that is both simple and elegant. The angled walls provide privacy to the units and allow different viewing angles. The façade essentially expresses outside, the viewing apertures that are available to each residence from the inside. The grid brings organization to the façade and reduces its elements to a human scale. From the inside, the grid allows for an intimate experience of the City in each dwelling unit. The Main façade is facing South and provides expansive mountain views, while the North façade opens views of the downtown skyline. The building consist of high quality durable materials which help add to the character of the Architecture. The Large volume will be constructed of fiber cement board panels and glass. The lower commercial volume will be clad in a perforated metal façade to help create interest during the daytime as well as the night.

The 218 W Apartments will add a unique character to this City block and will help strengthen the connection between the Broadway and the central business district. Our project allows direct access from 200 West which will also augment the pedestrian and traffic flow from Poplar court. This will help the flow of traffic through the inside of the block and will help improve the alleyway conditions on the North side of our site.

Project Rendering

Project Rendering

Project Rendering

Project Rendering

Project Rendering

Project Rendering

Project Rendering

Project Rendering

Site Plan

Vicinity Map

Project Elevations and Building Sections

Old Posted Oct 2, 2021, 12:21 AM

ˆˆˆ Last night I was driving down 300s and said to myself that I hope someone develops that space soon. And here it is!

Old Posted Oct 2, 2021, 3:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah_Amazing View Post

Project Rendering - Northeast view

Until two weeks ago I lived in a house across the street and four doors down from this 6 story beauty. Someone just bought the house two doors down and were putting on a new roof as I was moving out. Guessing this will be a surprise. I sold to a broker and knew a few other lots had already sold but I was expecting townhouses, not six story apartment buildings.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2021, 4:32 AM

Quote:

Address: 947 West Euclid Ave

The Basics: 6 floors, 40 residential units, 20 parking stalls (0.5:1 parking ratio). Replaces 1 single-family residence
Imagine this project in a neighborhood on the east side

Old Posted Oct 2, 2021, 3:32 PM

Quote:

Address: 218 West 300 South

The Basics: 7 floors + rooftop level. 88'-4" tall. 46 residential units. aprox. 820 sq. feet of ground floor retail. Architect: Axis Architects.

The 218 W Broadway Apartments is a new boutique mixed-use project located on 218 W and 300 South, in the heart of downtown. The Broadway district is the center of the city’s entertainment district, with a mix of theaters, restaurants and clubs. It is animated by its dynamic and unique street activity. Our project aligns with the Broadway District initiatives and promotes walkability as well as Urban density to help develop the downtown plan vision. In response to the major population growth that Utah is experiencing, this project will provide additional residential density and create a nexus for sustainable urban living, commerce, and cultural life in downtown Salt Lake City.

With its minimal and iconic architecture, this building will add to the fabric of the city and will reflect the vision of a strong and vibrant downtown. The livability of this area will be improved by providing additional housing units and commercial space, and removing the old defunct drycleaner. Our project will bring multiple housing choices, which aligns with the downtown plan. It is located on a very active intersection which will promote activity and bring life into this area of downtown.

The building façades are oriented towards 300 S, 200W, as well as the alley to the North to respond to the unique site conditions. The façade design is visible on all 3 sides by pedestrian as well as vehicular traffic. The 300 S façade includes ample glazing along the street level which helps activate the fourteen-feet-tall storefronts to encourage pedestrian interaction and visual interest. The upper levels contain the residences, which consists of junior-one bedrooms as well as two-story Lofts on the top floor.

The building mass has been divided into a grid system that is both simple and elegant. The angled walls provide privacy to the units and allow different viewing angles. The façade essentially expresses outside, the viewing apertures that are available to each residence from the inside. The grid brings organization to the façade and reduces its elements to a human scale. From the inside, the grid allows for an intimate experience of the City in each dwelling unit. The Main façade is facing South and provides expansive mountain views, while the North façade opens views of the downtown skyline. The building consist of high quality durable materials which help add to the character of the Architecture. The Large volume will be constructed of fiber cement board panels and glass. The lower commercial volume will be clad in a perforated metal façade to help create interest during the daytime as well as the night.

The 218 W Apartments will add a unique character to this City block and will help strengthen the connection between the Broadway and the central business district. Our project allows direct access from 200 West which will also augment the pedestrian and traffic flow from Poplar court. This will help the flow of traffic through the inside of the block and will help improve the alleyway conditions on the North side of our site.

Project Rendering

[/SPOILER]

I love this infill in this area. Great spot next to restaurants, etc.

Last edited by Orlando; Oct 3, 2021 at 2:26 AM.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2021, 3:38 PM
of SLC

Why duplicate all the images to make a one line comment? We end up with 300 of the same boring proposal photos on one damn page.

Some people really love to scroll, I guess.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2021, 8:12 PM
One Thing At A Time

Scrolling is pretty hard....

Old Posted Oct 3, 2021, 3:29 AM

Here is Astra at 488'. I know I was clamoring for 500 footers, but it does stick out a bit too much, IMO.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2021, 4:17 AM

Quote:
Here is Astra at 488'. I know I was clamoring for 500 footers, but it does stick out a bit too much, IMO.

I don’t see an image? Thanks for the effort though.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2021, 4:27 AM
One Thing At A Time

Looks really good to me. Can’t happen soon enough!

Old Posted Oct 3, 2021, 4:58 AM

Actually, i think it looks great

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePusherMan View Post
Looks really good to me. Can’t happen soon enough!
Agreed. I think the real thing would look great at that height.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West