HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 24, 2023, 11:57 AM

Salt Lake City & MSA/CSA Rundown

Southern Metro - CSA Autum Beauty - The Alpine Loop

Photo by MystifiedCat @ http://farm2.static.flickr.com

Photo by MystifiedCat @ http://farm2.static.flickr.com

Photo by Lee Ann L. @ ttp://farm2.static.flickr.com

Downtown Update - Astra Watch - Summer/Fall Timeline of 2023 - Final Beam Placed

...This construction project will bring what has been billed as the state’s tallest tower thus far, adding hundreds of high-end luxury rental apartments in the Downtown core.

At approx. 450 feet, the Astra Tower would inject 380 units into the core of Downtown, across from the Gallivan Center. It is one of over a dozen new high-rise projects in various stages of the development pipeline and or construction in the downtown area.

June 30, 2023

Photo Posted By Reeder113 on behalf of u/hudsonspayer420 on reddit.

July 2, 2023

Photo By Atlas

July 4, 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah_Amazing View Post
Downtown Salt Lake City has really changed, particularly post Olympics.
Since then, we added 222 S Main, The Regent, 99 West, and the development of the rest of City Creek. We added the new Federal Courthouse (the Borg Cube) 111 S Main, 95 South State, Liberty Sky, and the Hyatt Regency. This doesn't mention the dozens of lower density projects around downtown and the city more broadly.

Here are some of my favorite (Astra) screenshots from that drone video.

Screenshots Captured and Posted By Blah_Amazing

July 4, 2023

Photo By Panilo Man

July 5, 2023

Taken from the stage at The Gallivan Center[/B]

Photo By DCRes

July 26, 2023

Photos By Old&New

July 30, 2023

Photo By Atlas

July 31, 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post

Nice BuildingSaltLake article with photos of/from SLC's new tallest:

August 17, 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeder113 View Post
A couple of awesome pics of Astra and Worthington.

Photos By Chaunceton & U/Manuel945, as posted by Reeder113

August 21, 2023

Quote:
...And here's a screenshot from the live stream.

As Posted By Reeder113

September 1, 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretUtah View Post
I walked by the Astra a few nights ago and got some great night shots.
Photo By BretUtah

September 22, 2023

Original pic by u/Jolly_Fact_823
https://www.reddit.com/r/Development...i/astra_92223/

As Posted By Reeder113

Final Beam Placed - October 12, 2023

October 20, 2023

Photos By WalkSLC

October 21, 2023

Photos By Orlando

Last edited by delts145; Nov 12, 2023 at 12:56 PM.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2023, 8:58 PM

delts145, thanks for all of the update happening in SLC. Do you follow any developments in Provo as well?

Also, do you think a thousand foot building can ever be built in SLC one day?

Old Posted Oct 25, 2023, 1:56 PM

Thanks for posting Lakeshoredrive. Yes, I try to post regularly on whatever I can find going on in the southern portion of the CSA. Check out pages 417, 418, & 419. You'll find a number of updates around Provo and Utah Valley there. I plan on doing some more on this page over the next few days. I noticed the other day that the Provo Herald had a great article on the upcoming restoration of the old Harrington School in American Fork. Finally happening and very jazzed to hear it! Utah Valley is booming like crazy. Very excited to follow the new Vineyard developments. I grew up in Alpine/Highland, smack dab on the border of the two cities. That area's growth has been amazing these past ten years.

I miss having these giant mountains so close. They provided an outdoor lifestyle that was a great place to grow up.

Last edited by delts145; Oct 25, 2023 at 2:19 PM.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2023, 6:28 PM

Downtown Update - The Worthington Tower Watch Timeline For Summer/Fall 2023

Taylor Andersen Reporting - Full Article @
https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/sal...ne-on-the-way/

...The tower that will replace the existing Broadway Place will be 31 stories tall. It will bring 359 residential units to the area on 26 of the 31 stories, leaving 5,800 square feet of space for ground-floor retail and 359 parking stalls on four stories above ground...

...The Worthington Tower “builds on the vision of community leaders who developed the goals of programs like ‘Downtown Rising’ and is one step forward in ensuring Salt Lake City remains the primary cultural, financial, legal and government center of Utah,” Matt Lusty, a representative of the group, told Building Salt Lake on Wednesday.

It will continue two ongoing trends Downtown: new, skyline-altering skyscrapers, and an impending swell of people living in the city center...

The new tower on the northeast corner of 300 South 200 East will replace a
one-story building and local retailers with a 31-story residential building. Rendering courtesy of Worthington.

Here's the context of where it will be in the skyline.

Courtesy of Blah_Amazing

June 28, 2023

Photo By RC14

July 1, 2023

Photo By RC14

July 4, 2023

Photo By Paniolo Man

July 31, 2023

Photo By BuildingSaltLake.com @ https://buildingsaltlake.com/take-a-...lest-building/

August 9, 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paniolo Man View Post

Raising the crane at Convexity/Worthington today.

Photo By Paniolo Man

August 15, 2023

Photo By Blah_Amazing

August 30, 2023

Photo By BretUtah

September 25, 2023

Original pics by u/HossTR
https://www.reddit.com/r/Development...week_of_92523/

As Posted By Reeder113

October 20, 2023

Photo By WalkerSLC

Last edited by delts145; Nov 7, 2023 at 12:47 PM.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2023, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Thanks for posting Lakeshoredrive. Yes, I try to post regularly on whatever I can find going on in the southern portion of the CSA. Check out pages 417, 418, & 419. You'll find a number of updates around Provo and Utah Valley there. I plan on doing some more on this page over the next few days. I noticed the other day that the Provo Herald had a great article on the upcoming restoration of the old Harrington School in American Fork. Finally happening and very jazzed to hear it! Utah Valley is booming like crazy. Very excited to follow the new Vineyard developments. I grew up in Alpine/Highland, smack dab on the border of the two cities. That area's growth has been amazing these past ten years.

I miss having these giant mountains so close. They provided an outdoor lifestyle that was a great place to grow up.
Thanks for letting me know!

I loved seeing the mountains during my visit. The view never got old! I hope to explore more nature area on my next visit. I also want to visit Provo. From what I see in pictures of the city, it reminds me a lot of Madison, WI.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2023, 1:38 PM

Downtown Update - New Liquor Store - Under Construction

Taylor Anderson Reporting - Full Article @ BuildingSaltLake.com - https://buildingsaltlake.com/the-sta...edison-street/

The Department of Alcoholic Beverage Services is backing down from a plan to build a 10-story parking garage onto one of Salt Lake City’s walkable mid-block streets.

Saying it had “heard the concerns of business owners and other community members,” DABS said it would build the two-story liquor store without a parking tower that would have had no ground-floor retail space.

That leaves Edison Street with the prospect of a much smaller surface parking lot than what exists today, and without a parking tower looming over the revitalizing street. It will also have an impact on at least two residential projects nearby.

“The downtown liquor store is moving forward and we’re hoping to break ground before the end of the year,” said Tiffany Clason, director of the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Services (DABS)...

...“The DABS is excited for the new downtown store. It will be in the center of our downtown, serving Utahns and tourists, providing a comfortable shopping experience,” Clason said. “The new store will have the space needed to accommodate a broad variety of products and feature locally made items crafted right here in Utah.”

Clason said the store would sell items not available a block east.

“The large, modern downtown store will complement the boutique neighborhood store located nearby on 300 East, which largely serves wine connoisseurs seeking specialty products not available at other locations,” Clason said.

August 5, 2023

New Worthington Tower going up in Background & Liquor Store under construction at the foreground

Photo By BretUtah

October 20, 2023

Photo By BretUtah

Old Posted Oct 26, 2023, 1:53 PM

Downtown Update - The Elliott Apartments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah_Amazing View Post
https://citizenportal.slcgov.com/Cit...howInspection=

Address:29 W 800 S and 850 S Richards Street -
Developer: The Boyer Company

Basic Description:
Construction of two apartment buildings.
Elliott North (29 W 800 S): 8 floors, 278 units (74 studio, 164 1-bed, 40 2-bed), 2,000 sf retail, 320 parking stalls.
Elliott South (850 S Richards Street): 7 floors, 60 units (27 1-bed, 33 2-bed), 90 parking stalls.

Project Description (from Developer):
We are pleased to present the Elliot, a 338-home multifamily community spanning five separate parcels in two buildings along 800 S and Richards Street. Currently, the site houses Downtown Self Storage, a self-storage and RV parking business, as well as a single-story office building. The Boyer Company has partnered with long-time owners of the property, the Wolfe family, who founded and sold Salt Lake City-based Wolfe Sporting Goods.

The community will focus on providing spaces that enable our resident’s innate creativity while promoting the incredibly talented creative community of Salt Lake City. Along the podium wall on Richards Street, the project will provide outdoor stamped concrete frames for local artists to mount their canvases, effectively creating a pedestrian “art walk.” These frames can be used seasonally and rotated throughout the year. Within the building itself, we focus on creator spaces for musicians, podcast creators, and artists in addition to health and wellness amenities expected by our residents. The smaller 60-home building will provide larger floorplans geared towards young families looking for a quiet, safe, and secluded refuge. Each building provides distinct courtyards with ample green space and vegetation, a quiet space or an active fitness deck depending on each resident’s preference.

The building façade provides breaks both vertically and horizontally using architectural projections, fur-outs, and enhanced materials that change in color and texture. The articulation is a tribute to the cape chisel technique for rough-cutting slabs of granite out of quarry walls, while the layers below are smoothed and processed. There are an array of architectural inserts and reveals expressed as recessed balconies and vertical circulation visible from the outside. Together, these design choices seek to enrich the urban environment and emphasize the dynamic pedestrian realm at the project’s base.

The community is an 8-minute walk from the 900 S 200 W Trax Station, a 2-minute walk to the 900 S bus stop and adjacent to the newly reconstructed pedestrian-friendly 900 South corridor. The north building is an 8-story mixed-use community with 2,000 square feet of retail along 800 South, 278 homes, a subterranean parking garage, and almost 14,000 square feet of outdoor and indoor amenities. The south building is a 7-story community with 60 homes catering to residents seeking larger spaces along with 2,700 square feet of shared amenities. Our goal is to create a community that will allow residents to thrive where they live and continue to grow, beautify, and invest in their neighborhood well into the future. The creative force in Salt Lake City is at the vanguard of bringing to life authentic, vibrant places. Through thoughtful placemaking and tailored spaces we aim to foster this engine of creative growth and ultimately create a true sense of place that will last for decades.

Elevations:
Information Researched, Gathered and Posted By Blah_Amazing

Last edited by delts145; Apr 23, 2024 at 1:51 PM.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2023, 1:02 PM

Downtown Update, The Rio - The Depot District

Location: 210 S. Rio Grande St, Salt Lake City, UT - Unit Count: 210 Units

Building Type: 7 floors, 5 stories of residential units over 2 stories of parking podium
Included Amenities: Clubroom, Fitness Center, Pool, Hot Tub, Bike and Gear Storage and repair, Rooftop Decks, and BBQ and outdoor/indoor gathering space

March 21, 2022

Photos By Luke Garrott of BuildingSaltLake.com

August 23, 2022

Photo By Luke Garrott @ BuildingSaltLake.com

January 26,2023

Photos By Luke Garrott @ BuildingSaltLake.com https://buildingsaltlake.com/in-pict...strict-update/

April 7, 2023

Photo By Paniolo Man

June 19, 2023

Photos By Luke Garrott @ BuildingSaltLake.com - https://buildingsaltlake.com/in-pict...round-gateway/

June/July, 2023

Photos By ProFab @ https://buildprofab.com/portfolio-items/rio/

August 28, 2023

Photo By Paniolo Man

October 20, 2023

The Rio is center-left, north of the red-roofed Rio Grande Depot.

Photo By Luke Garrott @ BuildingSaltLake.com - https://buildingsaltlake.com/in-pict...trict-gateway/

Last edited by delts145; Nov 16, 2023 at 1:39 PM.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2023, 6:34 PM

Central Metro - The Richmond - Millcreek District - Under Construction

- Opening 2024
- 1280 E. Villa Vista Ave., Salt Lake City, 84106
- 1 & 2 Bedrooms
- 6 floors. 330 residential units. 13,000 sq. ft. retail/commercial

Currently under construction, The Richmond is ideally located within the vast redevelopment project designated as the new Millcreek City Center. Boasting walkable access to shopping and dining options in the area, along with a wide array of amenities for active lifestyles, this community will usher in a new level of comfort and sophistication to an exciting, redeveloping area.

[

October 2023

Photo Courtesy of Rimrock Construction

Last edited by delts145; Apr 10, 2024 at 11:16 PM.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2023, 6:36 PM

Central Metro - Back 9 Apartments - West Valley City

...A large market-rate luxury apartment complex under construction south of Valley Fair Mall/Lifestyle Center. Back 9 will be a 262-unit, five-story development on three acres west of Costco and southeast of city hall near 3700 S. 2700 West. The apartments will average 839 square feet and the project will feature amenities like a “resort-style pool,” rooftop plaza, leasing center, fitness center, kids play area, and a clubhouse with a kitchen and entertainment area, according to Seattle-based developer Timberlane Partners...

...The podium-style apartments will be built above parking consisting of 424 stalls. The projected completion of the project is 2024. Jacobsen Construction is the contractor...

...Regarding the Timberlane Development project at the south end of Valley Fair Lifestyle Center, Smith said similar multi-family developments have gone up around University Place (formerly University Mall) in Orem and The District in South Jordan and have been very successful because of their proximity to shopping and transportation. He hopes for the same for Back 9 with its abundance of shopping and dining options and the nearby UTA TRAX Light Rail and bus station. “It’s got a lot of advantages,” Smith added...

October 2023

Back 9 Apartments Site visit - Our engineer recently went out to observe construction progress on the approximately 264,000 SF Back 9 Apartments. The project is progressing smoothly, and we are eager to see the finished design come to life. It's great to be working on this with Beecher Walker and Jacobsen Construction!

Photos Courtesy of BSB Structural Engineers

Old Posted Oct 27, 2023, 9:24 PM
Space Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeshoredrive View Post
Thanks for letting me know!

I loved seeing the mountains during my visit. The view never got old! I hope to explore more nature area on my next visit. I also want to visit Provo. From what I see in pictures of the city, it reminds me a lot of Madison, WI.
Provo is a quiet town with nice views but nothing special from an urban perspective. Definitely not as cool as Madison.

Ogden is more worth a visit, imo.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2023, 11:36 AM

Downtown Update - The Revival - By PEG Development

A modern twist on classic Western European design characteristics of the 1920’s, The Revival is unlike any other multifamily community that exists in Salt Lake City. Located in downtown’s Historic Warehouse District, this unique project’s industrial exterior will blend seamlessly with its environment while beautifully transitioning into a more refined palette inside. Tenants will enjoy prominent geometric patterns, intense color schemes, and grandiose finishes throughout the art deco-inspired building interiors. This project stands in one of Salt Lake City’s Qualified Opportunity Zones.

Quote:
Copy By Luke Garrott @ BuildingSaltLake.com - Market-rate apartment construction in Downtown Salt Lake City will see another start, when PEG Development breaks ground on The Revival, just behind the NE corner of 400 South and 200 West.

Simply Sushi and Ibiza nightclub occupy a one-story retail space on the NE corner of the 400 S. 200 W. intersection. That building will remain. PEG will build to the north on surface parking lots and demolish one building on 200 West, currently occupied by RestoreFX, an auto body shop. In addition, the project will add a one-story retail space of 1700 SF, directly east of Ibiza fronting 400 South. The owners are looking for a fast-casual dining establishment. Three buildings total will be demolished for the new project.
Updated Design - Location: Salt Lake City - Year: 2021 - Size: 144,000 SF - Units: 143

The Revival site, approximate, in red, just west of Fairfield Inn & Suites. Image by Luke Garrott, courtesy Google Earth.

November 18th

Demolition has clearly started on this site. As viewed looking east from 200 West.

Photo By RC14

December 15th

Photo By RC14

May 20th

Photo By Blah_Amazing

November 5, 2021

Photo By RC14

March, 2022

Read And See More @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/in-...nd-the-street/

Note the construction immediately above to the north will be the new Edison House Social Club.

Photos by Luke Garrott @ BuildingSaltLake.com

July 23, 2022

Photos Rockies

February 1, 2023

New Edison Social Club on the left and the Revival Apartments on the right.

Photos By Luke Garrott @ BuildingSaltLake.com - https://buildingsaltlake.com/in-pict...uction-update/

April 7, 2023

Photo By Paniolo Man

August 15, 2023

Photos By Paniolo Man

Last edited by delts145; Dec 16, 2023 at 2:11 PM.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2023, 4:13 PM

Downtown Update, Alta Stone Apartments - Depot District

Luke Garrott Reports - Full Article @ https://buildingsaltlake.com/depot-d...rking-maximum/

The residential explosion in Salt Lake City’s Depot district continues, with a 288-unit market-rate rental project at 100 South and 600 West...At 565 West 100 South, Alta Stone’s four stories will sit on 3.39 acres, currently a vacant lot (just to the north of Casa Milagros at Centro Civico Mexicano) and a large garage.

Those 288 units are broken down into 46 “urban 1-bedroom,” 157 1-bdrm, 72 2-bdrm, and 13 3-bdrm market-rate habitations...The complex will be loaded with features. Apartment floor plans are one, two, and three-bedrooms. The project is LEED Platinum with exterior finishes in brick, metal panels, and fiber cement siding.

May 25, 2020

The architects have fully wrapped the four levels of parking with residential units, and boast that “almost every residential unit…will have its own private outdoor patio or balcony.” Also, the units at Alta Depot will feature industrial accents, stainless steel appliances, washer and dryer sets, and full-tile bathtub surrounds. Amenities include a club room, a resort-style pool and lounge area, an outdoor fireplace, and an outdoor kitchen area.

As required by the zoning, the project will provide a segment of an east-west midblock walkway, as well as a north-south fire access alley. Aerial rendering from the east, showing the fire alley and the midblock walkway, which cuts under the building. Courtesy Studio PBA.

Midblock walkway looking west, courtesy Studio PBA.

February 16, 2022

Demo work of garage and site prep nearing completion

Photos By Bob Rulz

January 26, 2023

Photo By Luke Garrott @ BuildingSaltLake.com - https://buildingsaltlake.com/in-pict...strict-update/

January 29, 2023

Photo By Paniolo Man

April 7, 2023

Photo By Paniolo Man

May 7, 2023

Photo By Paniolo Man

June 2, 2023

Photo By Paniolo Man

July 20, 2023

Photo By RC14

September 16, 2023

Photo By Paniolo Man

September 2023

Photo By Rimrock Construction, 2023

October 16, 2023

Photo By Paniolo Man

October 20, 2023

Photos By Luke Garrott @ BuildingSaltLake.com - https://buildingsaltlake.com/in-pict...trict-gateway/

Last edited by delts145; Dec 31, 2023 at 8:47 PM.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2023, 12:26 PM

Update - Southern Metro - Council Approves Salt Development's Mixed-Use Luxury Apartment Complex

'The Sanctuary' At The Traverse Ridge District of Lehi

“We should be digging dirt and starting this spring. The project will cost between $180-200 million and take 30 months,”
said Salt Development CEO Brian Hobbs. The project passed with a unanimous 5-0 vote.

Skylar Beltran for the Lehi Free Press - January 2022 https://lehifreepress.com/2022/01/12...tment-complex/

The Lehi City Council met on Tuesday January 11 with all councilors in attendance. Mayor Mark Johnson was absent.

The largest project on the agenda was the approval of the Lehi Pointe transit-oriented development (TOD) projectwhich has been in the works for more than two years. The project will be located between Young Living and Mountain Point Medical Center on the northeast side of I-15.

According to Salt Development, builder of the project, the anchor building (named The Sanctuary) is a 527 ultra-luxury apartment complex offering units ranging from 620 square foot studios to 1,820 square foot 2-bedroom units. The complex is scheduled to be approximately 28% studio units, 46% 1-bedroom units and 26% 2-bedroom units.

The ground floor of the building includes a 15,000 square foot space designated for a neighborhood grocer, as well as an additional 5,000 square foot pad for another commercial tenant.

The site will be surrounded by access roads, walkways, bike paths and meandering on-site paths. The 10-foot-wide multi-use path will extend the entirety of the eastern edge of the property along Sandalwood and up to the new loop road. Connectivity to the future UTA BRT and Frontrunner station is a priority and will be further accommodated when plans are available for such development.

The approved plans also include additional amenities such as a 7-level parking garage, bike shop/wash, dog spa, dedicated move-in/move-out areas and trash staging areas.

Atop the parking structure is a 1-acre Skydeck featuring a grand pool deck, clubhouse, gym, yoga/spin room, locker rooms, BBQ areas, cabanas, a dry sauna and numerous fire bowls. The 6,000 square foot clubhouse will feature a 165” television screen in a tiered theater and a luxurious bar.

In addition to the 527-unit “Sanctuary”, the project will include a neighboring retail and restaurant space. The project also includes another 125-unit apartment building on the north side of Triumph Blvd along with an additional retail development.

Summer, 2023

Photos By ProFab @ https://buildprofab.com/portfolio-items/lehi-sanctuary/

September 1, 2023

Framing, footing work, and adding a level to the parking structure represents only a portion of the work being done at the bustling Sanctuary site.
Rimrock is the general contractor for the project which is 726,175 sq. ft. with 519 units.

Last edited by delts145; Nov 28, 2023 at 1:45 PM.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2023, 12:28 PM

Central Metro - Triview Multi-Family Project Phase II - Draper

Work progresses on the second phase of the Triview multifamily project in Draper. The total sq. ft. of Phase II will be 493,981 with 423 units. The first phase was completed last year and consisted of 448 units. When completed Triview will bring a total of 871 units to the Salt Lake Valley market. Rimrock is the general contractor.

October 1, 2023

Photo By Rimrock Construction

Old Posted Oct 29, 2023, 2:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Provo is a quiet town with nice views but nothing special from an urban perspective. Definitely not as cool as Madison.

Ogden is more worth a visit, imo.

Gorgeous!

Old Posted Oct 30, 2023, 1:03 PM

Southern Metro - Construction Timeline - Orem L.D.S. Temple

...The L.D.S. Church’s news release said the Orem temple will be located on a 16-acre site. The site is part of 250 acres Orem annexed from Utah County about five years ago, Brunst said. The mayor said the site is bordered by condos on the north, undeveloped land on the south, railroad tracks on the east, and one of Orem’s last dairy farms across Geneva Road to the west. .. There are also plans to construct a 20,000-square-foot meetinghouse on the site...

Specs: Site: 15.39 acres | 6.2 hectares
Exterior Finish: Pedras Salgadas granite from Portugal
Architectural Features: Single attached central spire
Ordinance Rooms: Four instruction rooms, four sealing rooms, and one baptistry
Total Floor Area: 71,998 square feet | 6,689 square meters
Height: 218 feet | 66.4 meters
Elevation: 4,539 feet | 1,384 meters

Photo's found @ https://churchofjesuschristtemples.o...m-utah-temple/

The Orem Utah Temple will be built half a mile south of I-15’s University Parkway exit near the nexus of major population,
commercial and industrial growth in Provo, Orem and Vineyard. The address — 1471 S. Geneva Road — is west across from the I-15 corridor and the Utah Valley University

July 2020 - Aerial of Temple plot - Courtesy of Sunroc Corporation

2 February 2021 Courtesy of Brent R. - Basement walls nearing completion; preparing underfloor electrical conduits and plumbing before pouring final floor slab

15 March 2021 Courtesy of Brent R.

26 April 2021 Courtesy of Brent R. - Installing third floor deck; steel infrastructure for roof and tower underway

24 May 2021 Courtesy of Brent R. - Steeple frame installed

11 June 2021 Courtesy of Brent R.
Sheathing and waterproofing of main level walls progresses

10 July 2021 Courtesy of Brent R.
Beautiful granite cladding being attached to north side of temple

15 July 2021 Courtesy of Brent R.
Concrete pour on lower three decks of the steeple

25 September 2021 Courtesy of Brent R.

15 October 2021 Courtesy of Brent R.

10 December 2021 Courtesy of Brent R.

24 December 2021 Courtesy of Brent R.
Ornamental granite detail revealed on the north side of the temple (ground floor)

2 January 2022 Courtesy of Brent R.

24 April 2022 Courtesy of Brent R.

15 July 2022 Courtesy of Brent R.

29 July 2022 Courtesy of Brent R.
Temple at sunset

19 August 2022 Courtesy of Brent R.

26 August 2022 Courtesy of Brent R.
Scaffolding removed from south side of temple revealing beautiful decorative granite cladding

16 September 2022 Courtesy of Brent R.

1 October 2022 Courtesy of Brent R. Granite cladding of front (west) side of temple upper floors well underway

25 November 2022 Courtesy of Brent R. Installation of beautiful art glass windows begins, marking another significant milestone

2 December 2022 Courtesy of Brent R. Crates of granite cladding placed around steeple scaffolding waiting to be applied to steeple exterior

Nearing Completion

21 April 2023 Courtesy of Brent R. - Granite cladding and paver stone installation in final stages around exterior hardscape features of temple

23 May 2023 Courtesy of Brent R.

26 May 2023 Courtesy of Brent R.

2 June 2023Courtesy of Brent R. - Evening view of the temple; additional lighting being installed and refinements being made

Last edited by delts145; Oct 30, 2023 at 1:13 PM.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2023, 1:05 PM

Southern Metro - Orem Temple Completed - Public Open House Through December 16th

Photo Courtesy of Brent R. - Temple at dusk
Following Photos Found at https://churchofjesuschristtemples.o...m-utah-temple/

By Genelle Pugmire for the Daily Herald - Full Article @ https://www.heraldextra.com/news/fai...e-look-inside/

The Orem temple is now open for free public tours. Media and invited guests walked through the structure on Monday, October 23rd. Public open houses will run through Dec. 16, excluding Sundays and Thanksgiving.

The Orem temple was first announced at the October 2019 general conference and will be dedicated on Jan. 21, 2024. The 70,000-square-foot building sits on a 15.39-acre site at 1471 S. Geneva Road, just west of Interstate 15 and near UVU...

...Chad Lewis, a stake president helping to host VIP and media tours, is a former member of the NFL and calls the temple a “Super Bowl” for the city. “I grew up in this city,” he said. “I really didn’t think they would build a temple in Orem with two in Provo. Every person who lives in Orem should see this.”...

...Also unique to the temple are the lifelike paintings of Bridal Veil Falls and surrounding meadows in the lobby of the temple.

With the number of temples announced and in various stages of construction... each temple has a singular city connectivity,” ...

...Located between the Wasatch Mountains and Utah Lake, the temple sits on a site settled by Norwegian immigrants who arrived in Utah in 1864.

Once known as Lake View, the area was home to fruit orchards. For that reason, the cherry blossom is the main design element of the interior finishes in the temple’s art glass, wood panels and metal handrails.

“Similar to the exterior, the interior is simple, with natural materials,” the church stated in a press release. “The design and finishes complement the ordinances and the significant patron areas. The use of marble wainscots and wood columns is common throughout the temple. The detail of the columns, coffered ceilings, and marble wainscot is more articulated as one moves through the ordinance rooms, culminating in the celestial room. The woodwork is painted, and the wall coverings are subtle. The secondary spaces are simpler yet lovely.”

The numerous stained glass windows were created by renowned artisan Tom Holdman, who grew up in Orem, Utah.

Following Photos Courtesy of Intellectual Reserve Inc. - https://churchofjesuschristtemples.o...s/#Official-11

Door Handle Detail

Welcome Desk

Lobby

Grand Staircase

Grand Staircase Railing Detail

Sealing Room

Baptistry

Baptismal Font and Oxen Detail

Guests' Marriage Waiting Room

Bridal Room

Bridal Room Chandelier and Ceiling Detail

Celestial Room Chandelier and Ceiling Detail

Celestial Room

Photos Courtesy of Intellectual Reserve Inc. - https://churchofjesuschristtemples.o...s/#Official-11

Old Posted Oct 31, 2023, 1:36 PM

Downtown Updates - 300 North Pedestrian Bridge - Hardware District At The North Temple Station

Completed & Open

Serving the commuters of the thousands of recent, newly completed, and upcoming residential Units
on both sides of the TRAX Light Rail and FrontRunner lines

October 28, 2022

Quote:

Snapped a picture of the 300 North pedestrian bridge as the train rolled by.

Photo By Paniolo Man

February 10, 2023

July 24, 2023

Photos By Paniolo Man

October 16, 2023

Quote:
The crisp autumn air made a little after work excursion necessary.

Pedestrian Bridge (Finished but not open):

Photos By Paniolo Man

NOW OPEN - October 27, 2023

Photo By Paniolo Man

Last edited by delts145; Oct 31, 2023 at 2:11 PM.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2023, 1:52 PM

Parting Shots

Quote:

October 14th - I hiked Ensign Peak on Saturday and snapped a few pics of the valley and downtown.

Temple Square construction taking shape

New Capitol Campus Offices and Museum progressing nicely.

Photos By Reeder113

Last edited by delts145; Oct 31, 2023 at 2:03 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations