HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Dec 23, 2007, 7:31 AM
A gruff individual.

Location: Greenville, SC - "Birthplace of the light switch rave"
Asheville as photographed by a witch

A few weeks ago my best friend, who happens to be a witch, and I hit the town to try out her new camera. Of the dozens of pics she took, most of which I thought were okay, these were the ten she allowed me to post.

We started out at Lake Julian Park in South Asheville. Lake Julian is a cooling lake for the CP&L power plant.

Next, we headed up to Riverside Cemetery, in the Montford neighborhood.

This creepy statue graces a little girl's grave.

From the top of the highest hill in the graveyard, you can just see the tops of the taller buildings downtown. The zoom on her camera leaves mine in the dust. It's almost exactly one mile from the site of this shot, to the Battery Park Apartments, which is the brick building pictured here.

Next, we went downtown.

Parking in the parking decks is the best idea, and from where we parked, we could zoom in on the details on the federal courthouse, such as this art deco frieze.

It was late afternoon.

We wandered...

...around downtown...

...until it...

...got...

...dark.

The end.
"To sustain the life of a large, modern city in this cloying, clinging heat is an amazing achievement. It is no wonder that the white men and women in Greenville walk with a slow, dragging pride, as if they had taken up a challenge and intended to defy it without end." -- Rebecca West for The New Yorker, 1947

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos