HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

Two World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 11:08 AM

ILNY . . so funny . . a totally LOL post.
"I still have hopes that Fox News will back out from the deal
and this project will end up where it truly belongs - trash can." . .
thanks for the laugh.
I've already contributed all the diatribes I can muster on this one.
just 2 more words . . unsightly Clunk . .

People worried that there's some sort of rush here . . haven't been looking around town.
Plenty's going on . . And with the transportation hub & tower 3 finishing up . .
there is no way this site will sit idle for long . . even if a big real-estate bubble bursts.
I truly hope they get this one right.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2015, 3:29 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted Nov 13, 2015, 4:29 PM
New Yorker for life

Look closely here, and you get an idea of how eye popping both towers 2 and 3 will be from the observation deck...

benjaminfish

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2015, 7:23 PM

^ Since 2 WTC's height got a slight reduction, that will most likely enhance views from 1 WTC's observatory when looking east.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2015, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGuy87 View Post
^ Since 2 WTC's height got a slight reduction, that will most likely enhance views from 1 WTC's observatory when looking east.
Personally I think a higher tower would enhance views more than being able to see a little more of Kings and Queens, but to each their own.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2015, 12:22 PM
New Yorker for life

I think he means that because of the closeness of the towers, more of the view would be blocked. I made a similar observation on my trip up there. Anyway, even at 1,270 ft, it would be at or above deck level, depending where you are.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2015, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiltyspark View Post
Personally I think a higher tower would enhance views more than being able to see a little more of Kings and Queens, but to each their own.
I think you're in the minority. I'd rather be able to see to the ocean on a clear day.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2015, 3:33 PM
Frigidus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
I think he means that because of the closeness of the towers, more of the view would be blocked. I made a similar observation on my trip up there. Anyway, even at 1,270 ft, it would be at or above deck level, depending where you are.
People should remember 1,270 is still huge, and more in keeping with Libeskind's site plan.

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted Nov 14, 2015, 4:32 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

This could start in January of 2016. Based on some info I received from a guy called Tom k. at yimby.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2015, 4:05 AM
Regina rhymes with fun!

Blegh, I still wish they kept the original design xD

Old Posted Nov 15, 2015, 5:49 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCzech View Post
People should remember 1,270 is still huge, and more in keeping with Libeskind's site plan.
And still higher than Foster's design, if that means anything. It's less than a hundred ft height difference, and could still change when all is said and done. It will also be yet another tower in New York City that will be taller than the Empire State.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2015, 10:57 PM
Mr. Technology

Quote:
It will also be yet another tower in New York City that will be taller than the Empire State.
Unless it is taller than the pinnacle of the tip of the antenna, then it's shorter.

When I see the Empire State Building (I see it every single day), my eyes are drawn to the very top.

Say what you want, but that's my reality.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2015, 5:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechTalkGuy View Post
Unless it is taller than the pinnacle of the tip of the antenna, then it's shorter.

When I see the Empire State Building (I see it every single day), my eyes are drawn to the very top.

I wholly agree. Regardless of what the CTBUH says, the ESB is very clearly 1454 feet tall, not 1250.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2015, 6:45 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh222 View Post
I wholly agree. Regardless of what the CTBUH says, the ESB is very clearly 1454 feet tall, not 1250.

Unfortunately for you two, your opinion, or your "reality" doesn't matter. The antenna, which was add a couple of decades later, does not count towards the height of the Empire State Building, no matter how hard you may wish. That's why the Twin Towers were taller.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2015, 6:56 PM
Metal Up Your !

Quote:
Unfortunately for you two, your opinion, or your "reality" doesn't matter. The antenna, which was add a couple of decades later, does not count towards the height of the Empire State Building, no matter how hard you may wish. That's why the Twin Towers were taller.
Anyone on the street would say the height of the ESB is to the pinnacle of the antenna. So, regardless of some institution, people see it as it is nowadays: a 1454 feet tall masterpiece.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2015, 7:33 PM

Quote:
This conversation wasn't about bragging rights or some random made-up "official" statistic. This is about how the people and tourists in NYC see the building and will compare it to those around them. So the top of the ESB, for these purposes, is the top of the antenna. Which stands at 1454 feet.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2015, 7:41 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotizzy View Post
Anyone on the street would say the height of the ESB is to the pinnacle of the antenna. So, regardless of some institution, people see it as it is nowadays: a 1454 feet tall masterpiece.
Anyone on the street would probably tell you that the Empire State is the tallest in the world, among with a host of other ignorant things. Some would even tell you that the "top" of the building is the 1,050 ft observation deck. Does that make it so? Of course not. I've never pretended to be ignorant, and won't start now.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2015, 11:08 PM
Mr. Technology

Is there a way to create a Poll to determine who is correct here?

Clearly, the majority of regulars here seem to be at odds on the height.
For NYguy to suggest that WTC 2 would be taller than the iconic Empire State Building is an opinion that many of us do not seem to share.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2015, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Is there a way to create a Poll to determine who is correct here?

Clearly, the majority of regulars here seem to be at odds on the height.
For NYguy to suggest that WTC 2 would be taller than the iconic Empire State Building is an opinion that many of us do not seem to share.
The ESB's antenna was added onto the spire long after it was completed. I find it hard to officially count that antenna as part of the full height considering it's not an architectural element of the building. Say what you want about 1 WTC and BofA Tower but I count those spires because those buildings were designed with their respective spires and even the uncladded spire on 1 WTC has an architectural beacon at its very top while BofA's spire definitely fits with the aesthetics of its building's design.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2015, 10:05 PM

Site Photos Show Progress at World Trade Center Site

Quote:
The massive redevelopment of the World Trade Center site in New York City is one of the most exciting projects under construction in the United States. The new complex is bringing six skyscrapers to the Lower Manhattan location, a venture made possible by a multitude of developers, engineers, builders and architects. On a recent trip to New York, SkyriseCities navigated the area and witnessed firsthand how the development is reshaping the neighbourhood.

Information on display for 2 WTC inside 7 WTC, image by Edward Skira

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction