HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography

Old Posted Apr 13, 2013, 2:14 AM

What service to use to post my albums?

Hello everyone,

I'm coming back from a two year hiatus from this website (2 kids in less than 2 years!)

I want to start posting my albums on this website. I have an entire album on Fishtown that I want to post. I currently post them in a public album on facebook, but I do not know if that is the preferred method here?

Does anyone have any good recommendations? I used to use Flickr but I always hit my quota. I've been out of the 'photog social network' world for a few years now. I pretty much have everything stored locally with offsite backup.

Any advice / platforms / guidelines are greatly appreciated! Also, if there is a sticky, please let me know as I could not find one.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2013, 2:46 AM

I was looking into other services like pbase, or even cloud stuff from amazon or google.

are facebook albums frowned upon here? I know the quality gets crushed whenever I upload

Old Posted Apr 15, 2013, 10:56 PM
3rd Coast King

I use flickr. High quality and you dont have to pay for it unless you want access to all your photo. All you need is a yahoo acct.

My Book

Old Posted Apr 15, 2013, 11:17 PM

Flickr is just awful, for both photo albums and as a host for hotlinked photos.

If you're willing to pay then I recommend Zenfolio. PBase used to be a great site but they have hardly updated their site in years and they ignore their customers.

You might want to try free host like Photobucket or Imageshack first and see if they are good enough. I never hosted my photos on those sites so I can't comment.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2013, 12:20 PM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

I still use photobucket, but I pay $3/month for greater storage capacity. Overall it seems pretty good.

Aaron (Glowrock)

Old Posted Apr 16, 2013, 3:04 PM
Super Moderator / Sr. Committee

I'm ok with Flickr... making photothreads can be painful...

Flickr®

Old Posted Apr 21, 2013, 10:55 PM
I Couldn't Tell Anyone

Yeah, if your primary concern is hosting for threads then Flickr can be an exercise. I used to use PBase and it isn't bad if that's all that you want to do.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2014, 12:26 AM

This looks to be an old thread, but it caught my eye, because I just opened a Flickr account and so far to me it's a nightmare to navigate.
Years ago on photobucket, I use to copy the HTML link to an image and post it in a forum. Is that what you guys do from Flickr? If it's multiple images do you do it from an album?
One last question, is there a better (more user friendly) site than Flickr?

Last edited by dewE; Oct 24, 2014 at 2:25 AM.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2014, 2:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewE View Post
This looks to be an old thread, but it caught my eye, because I just opened a Flickr account and so far to me it's a nightmare to navigate.
Years ago on photobucket, I use to copy the HTML link to an image and post it in a forum. Is that what you guys do from Flickr? If it's multiple images do you do it from an album?
One last question, is there a better (more user friendly) site than Flickr?
Well I found a place on this website that answered most of my questions except the last one...what is your preferred photo storage site?

Old Posted Oct 24, 2014, 3:02 AM
Editor

If it's only for photo threads only Flickr might not be the best choice. If it's for general photo posting and storage then Flickr is probably the best. It's definitely the best if you want your photos to be seen, or also be connected to other photographers.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2014, 4:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrealplaces View Post
If it's only for photo threads only Flickr might not be the best choice. If it's for general photo posting and storage then Flickr is probably the best. It's definitely the best if you want your photos to be seen, or also be connected to other photographers.
Thanks for the reply!!
I think I will stay with Photobucket for the time being, it's easier to navigate.
I'm still a novice photographer and don't use any post production software, so maybe Flickr is not for me at this point.

Thanks for the help!!

Old Posted Oct 25, 2014, 5:17 AM
Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewE View Post
Thanks for the reply!!
I think I will stay with Photobucket for the time being, it's easier to navigate.
I'm still a novice photographer and don't use any post production software, so maybe Flickr is not for me at this point.

Thanks for the help!!
You should be fine with Photobucket! Aside from Flickr, I use Imgur http://imgur.com/ as well. It works great in situations where you just want to quickly get a pic on line and not have to log into an account. You can even copy and paste an image and boom it's online.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography