HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Apr 30, 2016, 8:39 AM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnar777 View Post
Also, question to Chad, is Brookfield being built at a particularly low point of the city? I haven't seen any pictures yet where it strikes me as anything close to a 250m tower. Although I realize that it has a few more floors to go.
I don't think it's at a particularly low point, certainly not more than a meter lower than The Bow. Brookfield Place still has its entire rooftop feature to go before it's topped out, which is another 12 or so meters on top of what you already see, so it should appear a good bit taller once all is said and done.

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2016, 8:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
I don't think it's at a particularly low point, certainly not more than a meter lower than The Bow. Brookfield Place still has its entire rooftop feature to go before it's topped out, which is another 12 or so meters on top of what you already see, so it should appear a good bit taller once all is said and done.
I'm sure it must look massive on the skyline - it's likely just that I haven't seen a photo from the right angle yet.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2016, 11:04 AM
I am the law!

Quote:
Children, children, you're both wrong. Chad does get a bit too much flak on this forum, so let's get back on topic. Now let's all relax and agree that Whippersnapper shouldn't be a mod in this forum. (Although he might just delete this post as he likes to censor voices of dissent. That or send me a creepy, unwarranted private message.)

Also, question to Chad, is Brookfield being built at a particularly low point of the city? I haven't seen any pictures yet where it strikes me as anything close to a 250m tower. Although I realize that it has a few more floors to go.
Why does everything think I'm a mod? I couldn't think of a worse job having to deal with some forumers. How many times do I have to explain my green status?

I really don't care for your slanderous tones however, they are so stupid that no one would actually believe it.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2016, 11:10 AM
I am the law!

Quote:
What are you even talking about? There's about one Calgary post for every 10 Toronto posts (no disrespect to the 6, just putting things into perspective), so I think Chad's posts are few and far enough in between. And what I seriously don't get is how so many posters on this forum can have a huge problem with Chad, but nobody has done anything about Whippersnapper, who is far, far more rude and gloating in his posts.
Gloating more than Chad? LMAO. You should try some other threads. Chad's reputation isn't from this one. Better yet, you should go back to just lurking. It suits you much better.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2016, 12:10 PM
gettin' rich!

Its actually 7 Toronto posts to 2 for Calgary and 1 for Edmonton.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2016, 1:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltrane74 View Post
Its actually 7 Toronto posts to 2 for Calgary and 1 for Edmonton.
Whoa did you actually run the numbers on this? If so, then I suppose that's a slightly better ratio, accounting for relative populations in both cities etc. But I digress.

Also Whippersnapper, enough already. Stop whining and let's get back on track here. Next post better be some progress from Ten York. I'd take some pics but am in Sydney at the moment, which is a PoMo disaster town so nothing to see here.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2016, 2:29 PM
Klatuu Barada Nikto

Good god, people...

Old Posted Apr 30, 2016, 2:29 PM

Quote:
What are you even talking about? There's about one Calgary post for every 10 Toronto posts (no disrespect to the 6, just putting things into perspective), so I think Chad's posts are few and far enough in between. And what I seriously don't get is how so many posters on this forum can have a huge problem with Chad, but nobody has done anything about Whippersnapper, who is far, far more rude and gloating in his posts.
This has nothing to do with how many posts there are of any city. It has to with being unnecessarily snarky and using somebody's else's' post to try to make some kind of point (while ironically, and perhaps unintentionally doing the very thing he's trying to comment on - following a post with one that draws all attention away from the original post). I don't always agree with Chad, but I have defended him in the past when people have gone after him for no good reason. Re-hashing old arguments and using somebody's picture to make it all about how hard done by Chad, or Calgary posters are while suggesting others suffer from an inferiority complex?

People can be terrible on here, but that type of post doesn't make a point or lessen the problem. It just adds fuel - while basically doing exactly what they will mock needlessly for years now.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2016, 4:19 PM
sick transit, gloria

Oh man I love waking up slightly hungover on a saturday morning (afternoon) and getting to read some Canada section drama. This one really came out of left field - agreed with the above.

Good pics though - of both Calgary and Edmonton.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2016, 4:35 PM
gettin' rich!

Quote:
Whoa did you actually run the numbers on this? If so, then I suppose that's a slightly better ratio, accounting for relative populations in both cities etc. But I digress.
All I did was count the number of Toronto towers heading this thread to those in Calgary and Edmonton.

Not rocket science or anything.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2016, 5:33 PM
The Fruit of Discipline

Toronto star pic.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2016, 5:54 PM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
I'm sure it must look massive on the skyline - it's likely just that I haven't seen a photo from the right angle yet.
Well I dunno, I think it looks pretty massive in this shot. Just for reference, the red tower beside it is 215 meters and was the tallest in Canada outside of Toronto for 25 years.

Brookfield by Chadillaccc, on Flickr

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2016, 6:17 PM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieFlowerpot View Post
3 days later is "right after?"

I didn't know there was a set time limit between when people are allowed to post.
By right after I meant the post immediately after, and it was a joke in reference to some idiot who said that to me on 2 or 3 separate occasions after posting a Calgary update several days and several posts after an Edmonton update.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2016, 11:06 PM
I am the law!

No one is laughing. Be that better person you so want to be and ignore that fool.

Old Posted May 1, 2016, 10:04 PM
Fake News

Quote:

Here's one taken from the top of the Bow. The south and north exposure are wider but from East - West it's pretty sleek and tall looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy06 View Post
Took this from the top of the Bow yesterday. Sorry for the reflection of my hand.

image ru

Old Posted May 2, 2016, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
Here's one taken from the top of the Bow. The south and north exposure are wider but from East - West it's pretty sleek and tall looking.
Yes that's it I definitely see the height in that shot. Awesome looking building - very sleek and corporate, and of course no balconies.

Old Posted May 2, 2016, 12:41 AM

Now thats one good looking building.

Old Posted May 3, 2016, 5:48 PM
gettin' rich!

10 York - 224 meters - UrbanOptic

Old Posted May 5, 2016, 5:22 AM
Intergalactic Barfly

Residences of 488 University - 207 metres
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Massey Tower is now visible from Yonge St. - 208 metres
[IMG][/IMG]

Old Posted May 5, 2016, 6:21 PM
gettin' rich!

looks like we have a height increase!!! - WS told me that this wouldn't go through. lol!

3 Floors!! on both towers.

Quote:
Application: New Building Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 144750 BLD 01 NB Accepted Date: May 2, 2016

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res New Building

Description: REVISION - as per the attched letter Proposal to construct 3 towers (1-33 sty office tower on west side of property, 1-65 sty residential tower centrally located on property, and 1-69 sty residential tower on east side of property) on 3 & 5 sty podiums, 1220 residential units, connection to PATH, and 4 levels of below grade parking. See active Shoring Permit 12 283251.

http://app.toronto.ca/ApplicationSta...do?method=same

Tallest tower will be at 240 meters??

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada