HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 4:10 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
I think I'm not very excited about this one. the view of the Russ Building it mostly blocks was superior to what this provides.
I am happy that the Mining Exchange building gets incorporated and preserved, that St Mary's Square gets an expansion in the other half of the project, and that particularly the latter fills a looong-standing hole in the urban fabric. but I wish this main building looked better. ah well.
I agree, and in this case am glad this mediocre building isn't any bigger or taller.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 4:12 AM

^Agree 110%, this thing is not worthy of the west coast's financial district.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 4:14 AM

^^I think the point is that if it were better proportioned--this isn't about height per se--it would be more attractive. I'm no fan of the glazing either but all I can say is it could and should have been better (i.e looking less "1970s"). But this is Heller Manus for you as I recall--same guy who did 181 Fremont. Wow.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 9:30 AM
Build Baby Build

Considering it is the only thing they have allowed to be built for ~30 years north of Market, I am extremely happy with how this turned out. It is a mid-block mid-rise and it doesn't have to be anything more than that. I just hope it gives developers confidence to build more new buildings in the area.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2017, 5:28 AM
Surrounded by Nature

[IMG]350 Bush in perspective by viewguysf, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited by viewguysf; Apr 4, 2017 at 5:24 AM.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2017, 2:39 AM
你的媽媽

Taken by me on 3/31

Old Posted Jun 2, 2017, 7:02 PM

It looks like the cladding is mostly done on this one.

It actually looks pretty decent from the east side, with a nice transition of stone and glass:

(photo by me, today)

Old Posted Jun 23, 2017, 6:11 PM

Old Posted Sep 8, 2017, 10:16 PM

A look inside the front lobby...

Old Posted Sep 30, 2017, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Exclusive: Two big leases could fill up another new S.F. office tower before it opens
By Roland Li – Reporter, San Francisco Business Times

Another new San Francisco office tower, the North Financial District's 350 Bush St., is close to filling up before it opens.

Software maker Atlassian Corp. Plc (NASDAQ: TEAM) is close to leasing 125,000 square feet at the tower. In a separate deal, the advertising company Publicis is close to leasing 67,000 square feet, according to two sources familiar with the property.

The deals are still pending and would account for all the remaining space in 350 Bush St., which totals 372,000 square feet. Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN)'s Twitch division, which broadcasts video game video streams, leased about half of the building in 2015.

The deals would be another sign of strength for San Francisco's office market and remove its eighth-largest availability. The city has few new large blocks of space, with another disappearing after Facebook Inc.'s blockbuster 436,000-square-foot lease at Jay Paul Co.'s 181 Fremont. The 1.4 million-square-foot Salesforce Tower, the city's largest new office building, has leased or is in talks to lease about 90 percent of its space.

Two new buildings, Park Tower at 250 Howard St. and the Exchange at 1800 Owens St., have no new tenants and are set to open within the year. Oceanwide Center, which won't finish until 2021, is also seeking tenants for 1 million square feet of office space. The Shipyard also is approved for 4.3 million square feet in multiple buildings, but will take years longer to build . . . .
https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranc...073&j=78910791

Some folks here have expressed concern that there may not be enough demand for, for example, Oceanwide Center's office component. The BizTimes doesn't seem to share the concern.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2017, 6:28 PM

^ I don't remember anybody ever saying there may not be enough "demand" but that it is a good sign that new office towers are leasing up because it means that there is enough demand.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2017, 11:27 PM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
Some folks here have expressed concern that there may not be enough demand for, for example, Oceanwide Center's office component. The BizTimes doesn't seem to share the concern.
We expressed exactly the opposite and I tried to explain it twice, perplexing me as to why you continue to not understand that.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2017, 8:39 AM
heavy user of walkability

the extension of St Mary's Square is open. raised plantings on one side; otherwise mostly empty. an art piece commemorating the 'comfort women' of WWII has been installed in one corner.

close-up of the art

the north side of 350 Bush

and the north entrance

I forgot to go over and look at the Mining Exchange entrance

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive