HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jul 20, 2012, 5:28 AM
Greetings from New Jersey

Now that the Parking requirement is gone are they going to axe or reduce the garages?

Old Posted Jul 20, 2012, 4:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Now that the Parking requirement is gone are they going to axe or reduce the garages?
The garage has already been built. I really do not think it is a big deal. There is retail on the ground floor and it's not obtrusive in any way.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2012, 7:43 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscraperGuru View Post
Uhm, Cira South is certainly taller then Cira in a few renders, I'd say by 100 feet or more.

I wonder what is to come of Cira 2 (the 900 footer proposed).
900 footer? Where did you hear of this?

Old Posted Jul 20, 2012, 8:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
900 footer? Where did you hear of this?
There were plans to build Cira II at the corner of 30th and JFK. I do not know if there are still plans to do so and I do not know if it was supposed to be 900 feet or not.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2012, 10:41 PM
Member since 2001

Great looking towers. I'm very impressed with the overall site plan too!

Old Posted Aug 5, 2012, 9:30 PM

Article about this project posted by Pennsgrant on the Philadelphia development thread.

http://www.reit.com/Articles/Cira-Ce...a-Skyline.aspx

Some interesting statements from the article

Cira Centre Part 2

Building on its success, Brandywine has undertaken a similar project that sits just a block away from the original Cira Centre called Cira Centre South.

Part of the Cira Centre South property was completed following the acquisition of a U.S. Postal Service building in 2007. Brandywine renovated the 900,000-square-foot facility that now houses roughly 5,000 Federal employees.

“We completely repurposed the building all behind a historic façade,” he said. “The project bought a lot of jobs and innovation to University City.”

The second part of the development project will include two towers that will range from about 28 to 32 stories. One will primarily be for residential use, while the other tower will be a mixture of residential and office space. Sweeney anticipates that construction will begin in 12 months.

And what will Cira Centre South look like? Apparently, the original site’s window-washing rig won’t deter Brandywine in building its new facility.

“The design will be very similar to Circa Centre,” Sweeney said. “It will have a lot of movement and have some good angles to it. I think it will be a good icon in the Philadelphia skyline.”

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 4:24 PM

Brandywine is currently seeking tenants to fill Cira South

Philadelphia Busines Journal

Natalie Kostelni

Brandywine Realty Trust has relaunched an extensive marketing campaign of its Cira Centre South complex at 30th Street in Philadelphia as it attempts to seize on conditions that may finally get the long-awaited project under way.

This comes four years after the real estate marketing the Cira South campus. In early 2008, Brandywine (NYSE:BDN) was trying to lure BlackRock Group as an anchor tenant to the project but that never happened. It mothballed Cira South until financial markets stabilized, the economy began to improve and the office market started to show some signs it would support new construction.

“We did ...

http://omegacre.blogspot.com/2012/08...g-to-fill.html

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 9:23 PM
Faith in Philadelphia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Brandywine is currently seeking tenants to fill Cira South

Philadelphia Busines Journal

Natalie Kostelni

Brandywine Realty Trust has relaunched an extensive marketing campaign of its Cira Centre South complex at 30th Street in Philadelphia as it attempts to seize on conditions that may finally get the long-awaited project under way.

This comes four years after the real estate marketing the Cira South campus. In early 2008, Brandywine (NYSE:BDN) was trying to lure BlackRock Group as an anchor tenant to the project but that never happened. It mothballed Cira South until financial markets stabilized, the economy began to improve and the office market started to show some signs it would support new construction.

“We did ...

http://omegacre.blogspot.com/2012/08...g-to-fill.html
This means that it could be back to 600+ feet. If the right tenants are found, that is.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2012, 2:33 PM

Old Posted Sep 27, 2012, 7:37 PM
Khurram Parvaz

Not a big Philly follower, but followed this proposal for a long time before nothing happened. What's it up to now my Pennsylvanian friends.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2012, 7:40 PM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Two small green squares on either side of a massive but somehow unobtrusive parking garage.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Sep 27, 2012, 8:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BIG APPLE View Post
Not a big Philly follower, but followed this proposal for a long time before nothing happened. What's it up to now my Pennsylvanian friends.
Some of the parking garage has been constructed... I think the proposal calls for adding a few more floors and green space on top of the garage. The Residential Tower (the smaller tower) FINALLY looks like it will start construction either the end of this year or the beginning of next year... at least that is what Brandywine claims. Word is Brandywine is searching for tenants currently for the Office Tower. Prospects are looking good though because there are 7-8 firms in the city currently looking for 1 Million + sqf of Office Space... also CHOP and Penn Medicine have expressed interest in taking up office space in the office tower. A bunch of news is just starting to come out about this again, new renders were released, a presentation was given to employees at Cira Center about Cira South, new advertisements have gone up around the city including the one on buses as seen in the photograph above.

Things are looking like this is FINALLY going to get moving. The Residential Tower is looking like it will start construction in the next few months. The Office Tower will start construction when tenants are confirmed.

Brandywine is also planning on breaking ground on a 25 floor residential tower rumored to be 35 floors if IBX takes office space in it at 1919 Market.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2012, 7:06 PM
Faith in Philadelphia.

Quote:
Some of the parking garage has been constructed... I think the proposal calls for adding a few more floors and green space on top of the garage. The Residential Tower (the smaller tower) FINALLY looks like it will start construction either the end of this year or the beginning of next year... at least that is what Brandywine claims. Word is Brandywine is searching for tenants currently for the Office Tower. Prospects are looking good though because there are 7-8 firms in the city currently looking for 1 Million + sqf of Office Space... also CHOP and Penn Medicine have expressed interest in taking up office space in the office tower. A bunch of news is just starting to come out about this again, new renders were released, a presentation was given to employees at Cira Center about Cira South, new advertisements have gone up around the city including the one on buses as seen in the photograph above.

Things are looking like this is FINALLY going to get moving. The Residential Tower is looking like it will start construction in the next few months. The Office Tower will start construction when tenants are confirmed.

Brandywine is also planning on breaking ground on a 25 floor residential tower rumored to be 35 floors if IBX takes office space in it at 1919 Market.

So, is it possible for this to be 700? Either one of them? (:

Old Posted Sep 28, 2012, 7:16 PM

Highly doubtful

500ft may be pushing the larger at this point

Old Posted Sep 29, 2012, 12:34 AM
Faith in Philadelphia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidphilly View Post
Highly doubtful

500ft may be pushing the larger at this point
Even 1919 Market? 35 Floors is quite a lot. I'd estimate 1919 market to be 650ft. But I'm pretty clueless
Regardless, this is some great infill and it will expand the skyline a bit. 1919 Market will be great infill.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2012, 2:19 AM

The taller tower was estimated to be around 530 feet. The smaller tower about 330 feet. Doubt the office tower will get much taller than 530'

Old Posted Nov 6, 2012, 11:14 PM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Grove Chestnut Tower

Apparently, Brandywine has partnered with something called Campus Crest Communities to develop the northern (residential) part of this project as the "Grove Chestnut Tower", according to information here. It would be attempting LEED Platinum.

The ground rendering does not appear to deviate appreciably from the extant Cira South Chestnut Tower design.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Nov 8, 2012, 10:33 PM

According to sayitaintso over on the Philadelphia Development Thread, rumors are the office tower will be completed in 2016.. which means we could see site work begin by the end of next year.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
According to sayitaintso over on the Philadelphia Development Thread, rumors are the office tower will be completed in 2016.. which means we could see site work begin by the end of next year.
I'm not a fan of entertaining unsourced rumors about development projects as they could be complete conjecture and are usually a "whisper down the lane" garbling and twisting of real information. As an example, I've heard some rumors that the W Hotel proposal for 15th and Chestnut is nothing but smoke and mirrors with no serious intention to build anything. But as it's an unsourced rumor, I wouldn’t even bring it up except to make a point in this thread.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2012, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL10 View Post
I'm not a fan of entertaining unsourced rumors about development projects as they could be complete conjecture and are usually a "whisper down the lane" garbling and twisting of real information. As an example, I've heard some rumors that the W Hotel proposal for 15th and Chestnut is nothing but smoke and mirrors with no serious intention to build anything. But as it's an unsourced rumor, I wouldn’t even bring it up except to make a point in this thread.
The only reason I bring it up is because sayitaintso does some type of work relating to the Real Estate business and knows what he is talking about... he is usually correct on his information and we usually see articles on subjects several months after he reports it to us on this site.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive