HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 4:47 AM

Barkley's old. Gotta keep in the game somehow... whether it's with skills or with your mouth.

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 4:53 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanactivistTX View Post
Barkley's old. Gotta keep in the game somehow... whether it's with skills or with your mouth.
That's the way he's always been since entering the public spotlight in the 80's. Always trash talking, always saying something whether he meant it or not. He talks, he talks, he talks. Always has and always will.

The only problem I have is when people take his words to heart and get bent out of shape. I doubt Sam Cassell has him on some hit list for always calling him "ugly" but if he acted like Paul or anyone else who seems to thinks so "highly" of Chuck, he might.

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 4:57 AM
JACKinBeantown

Barkley has no rings.

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 4:59 AM
Todo para la familia

Barkley speaks to be heard (and cause TNT pays his azz). Are you really shocked that he would talk alot of shyt? I personally think he has a wheel of shyt to talk trash about and he gives it a weekly spin.

Paul...trust me dawg....SA is a wonderful city and you shouldn't let the thoughts of one round mound of rebound get to you.

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 7:37 AM
Dryer lint inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post
13. San Antonio: The River Walk is fun, and Austin is only an hour away.

I love it...

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 8:01 AM

This is what comes out of this kinda crap. MOre idiots that probably have never been to San Antonio and have really experienced the place.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...6379008.column
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 9:56 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul in S.A TX View Post
This is what comes out of this kinda crap. MOre idiots that probably have never been to San Antonio and have really experienced the place.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...6379008.column
Well, considering the fact that he clearly states he's currently in San Antonio, I'm just ball parking here but I think he's "been to San Antonio."

Seriously Paul, did you not even bother reading the rest of the column outside the first few paragraphs? If you did, did you even bother to notice the narration of said column?

Aside from that, get over it. If people not liking San Antonio really bothers you this much, well, I have something to tell you -- do yourself the favor of locking yourself in your bedroom right now and possibly never coming out again -- here's a shocker for you... there are people that do not actually like San Antonio. Ok, I'll wait for your screaming to stop. Ok good. Get over it. Don't let that be a burden to yourself. No city on this damn planet is universally liked. Sorry Charlie...

Will a MOD please just lock this useless thread already.

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 11:36 AM

I'm not just talking about Barkley and this sports writer, but how some outside media stereotypes San Antonio. The first thing out of this guy was the dirty Riverwalk. Jumping on the Bandwagon along side Cuban, Barkley and others. San Antonio media rarely ever trash talks other cities. It was kinda sad that San Antonio had to mention it's military importance on TNT.
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Paul in S.A TX-It was kinda sad that San Antonio had to mention it's military importance on TNT.
Why? This is something that SA should be proud of.

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 2:24 PM
Hmmm....

It's just a reporter trying to make some waves, I bet if you go downtown you'll see his ass on a river barge and smiling in front of the Alamo.

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 2:52 PM

Well, Paul... if it makes you feel any better, SA didn't make his least favorite 5 places.

But honestly, who cares?

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 8:21 PM

I don't care who likes the city or not, but when they slam a city on national t.v, thats something different. Gives the city a bad image.

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 9:13 PM
Bears of antiquity

Quote:
I will say, where they put the At&T Center was a big mistake. In the center of a industrial area, and slum run down area of town. The nicest thing you will see is a Valero gas station. Outsiders might get the impression that all San Antonio is like this.This has to be one of the biggest mistakes the city has made. I remember Cyndi Krier saying it would be a great ideal to build next to the coliseum. The Mayor at that time wanted it downtown or far Northeast S.A.

Big, Big mistake!
Thanks for speaking so highly of my side of town, dick.

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 9:49 PM
under the influence...

I love a good train wreck....

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 11:31 PM
Closed account

Everyone in this thread is right. Paul is right that CB is a total d-bag, but that's a known fact. Everyone else who has posted in this thread has also made valid points. But everyone needs to stop yelling at paul, even if he deserves it. This reflects very poorly on this forum.

Old Posted May 27, 2008, 12:32 AM
Houston:Considered Good

Since when was there NOT somebody slamming San Antonio?

Old Posted May 27, 2008, 1:21 AM

Not sure if I have used this before:

Quote:
I don't care who likes the city or not, but when they slam a city on national t.v, thats something different. Gives the city a bad image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepSanAntonioLame View Post
Everyone in this thread is right. Paul is right that CB is a total d-bag, but that's a known fact. Everyone else who has posted in this thread has also made valid points. But everyone needs to stop yelling at paul, even if he deserves it. This reflects very poorly on this forum.
If only you knew Paul.

Old Posted May 27, 2008, 1:31 AM
Closed account

lol I'm new to the forum. Maybe with time I will come to loathe him, but for now I don't.

Old Posted May 27, 2008, 1:34 AM

Read his post history. Then come back. Paul is an interesting guy.

Old Posted May 27, 2008, 2:26 AM
Meh

Come on, guys. It is goofy to seriously take this personally, though I have to agree, if someone slammed Austin, I'd be let down, and a little peeved. But coming from a basketball player? Nah. I could care less. Present someone to me with a bit of credibility and some weight (not pounds) and I'll listen.

Don't worry Paul, San Antonio rocks, and Charles Barkley does not.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio