HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Oct 24, 2015, 3:16 AM

I'm just glad the new ride will not be tall enough to be a part of the skyline.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2015, 8:05 PM

Whole Foods Midtown expanding into space occupied by Staples

This has been rumored but I guess it is now official.

http://whatnowatlanta.com/whole-food...ed-by-staples/

Quote:
Whole Foods Market in Midtown Place Shopping Center at 650 Ponce De Leon Avenue NE will expand into space currently occupied by Staples next door. The entire Staples space is approximately 10,000-square-feet, according to Coro Realty, which owns the property.

"We are expanding but can't provide details yet," the manager on duty at Whole Foods Midtown told What Now Atlanta (WNA) in a telephone conversation Wednesday.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2015, 8:22 PM

Bon Appetit article on Krog Street Market

Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
Quote:
an unpretentious bar
That's optimistic... I haven't been to Krog but I've heard it's the opposite of that. Not that that's a bad thing, but it's a bit disingenuous to claim your place is unpretentious and then point out that it has "synergy" and sells fine chocolates made of single-origin beans.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
That's optimistic... I haven't been to Krog but I've heard it's the opposite of that. Not that that's a bad thing, but it's a bit disingenuous to claim your place is unpretentious and then point out that it has "synergy" and sells fine chocolates made of single-origin beans.
I don't think they meant the whole market is unpretentious; they're specifically talking about the Hop City bar, and contrasting it with the pretentious bar at the Cockentrice.

"In one corner, they’re filing up to an unpretentious bar for local beers, while at the opposite end of the hall, couples sidle up for cocktails at a mirrored bar that could have easily found a home at Versailles."

Also, you haven't been to Krog? Go get a beer at the unpretentious bar immediately!

Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 3:32 PM

Savi in Midtown opened on the corner of Peachtree St. and Peachtree Place (catty-corner to the Taco Mac in Metropolis)

Old Posted Nov 3, 2015, 3:31 PM

Publix filed permits on 11/2/15 for $500,000 worth of interior renovations for the Publix at the corner of Piedmont Ave NE and North Ave.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2015, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
I don't think they meant the whole market is unpretentious; they're specifically talking about the Hop City bar, and contrasting it with the pretentious bar at the Cockentrice.

"In one corner, they’re filing up to an unpretentious bar for local beers, while at the opposite end of the hall, couples sidle up for cocktails at a mirrored bar that could have easily found a home at Versailles."

Also, you haven't been to Krog? Go get a beer at the unpretentious bar immediately!
you sure they arent referencing the Luminary? due to the Versailles reference and opposite side of the hall, is why im thinking that.. I rather like the Luminary though.. the Cockentrice is insanely overpriced -- at least the butcher market facing the hall. like $25 a lb. for some salami

The Hop City bar is great.. though the hop city retail store there is more expensive for the same products compared to the westside location.. which is frustrating

Old Posted Nov 20, 2015, 11:49 PM

Grindhouse Killer Burgers is planning a Memorial Drive outpost next the Atlanta Dairies project.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2015, 4:52 AM

Viewpoint Quik Trip

I had mentioned that the Viewpoint space on 6th is only about the size of a convenience store. Well it looks like it will in fact be a Quik Trip convenience store.

http://properties.theshoppingcenterg...id:1579/#plans

Old Posted Nov 30, 2015, 2:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forj View Post
you sure they arent referencing the Luminary? due to the Versailles reference and opposite side of the hall, is why im thinking that.
Oops, yeah, the Luminary. I mix those two up. And Krog is improving, with a second wave of things opening. Frankly and Ticonderoga Club just opened, plus "the Merchant" in the front building is open, and Urban Pl8 and Nature's Garden should open soon.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2015, 2:54 PM

Quote:
I had mentioned that the Viewpoint space on 6th is only about the size of a convenience store. Well it looks like it will in fact be a Quik Trip convenience store.

Very interesting. Does QuikTrip have any urban format stores? I did a quick google search and all I could find is they opened a store in the Sprint Center in Kansas City in 2007, but it closed in 2013.

It could also be a TargetExpress, a new concept Target is trying out. I've seen several articles refer to TargetExpress stores as "QuickTrip" stores, even though that's not the official name of any of them.

Last edited by shivtim; Dec 1, 2015 at 2:04 PM.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2015, 4:34 PM

Quote:
Very interesting. Does QuikTrip have any urban format stores? I did a quick google search and all I could find is they opened a store in the Sprint Center in Kansas City in 2007, but it closed in 2013.

It could also be a TargetExpress, a new concept Target is trying out. I've seen several articled refer to TargetExpress stores as "QuickTrip" stores, even though that's not the official name of any of them.
I am not aware that Quik Trip has any urban stores. I suppose its possible it could be the Target but the spelling is the same as the convenience/gas stores.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2015, 4:45 AM

Quote:

That seems strange with the CVS across the street.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2015, 2:21 PM

They just changed the PDF again, so now the Quiktrip is listed for the space fronting Peachtree, instead of the space on 6th street. They also changed it from "QuikTrip" to "Quik Trip."

Old Posted Dec 3, 2015, 4:07 PM

Quote:
They just changed the PDF again, so now the Quiktrip is listed for the space fronting Peachtree, instead of the space on 6th street. They also changed it from "QuikTrip" to "Quik Trip."
Interesting. I wonder if this a new concept they are testing. The C-stores are where they make most of their money anyways.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2015, 4:49 PM

Something called "Tap on Ponce" just filed with the city for an alcohol permit. The address is 675 Ponce, which is Ponce City Market. The Applicant is "PC Growler." Maybe a beer/growler store for PCM?

Old Posted Dec 30, 2015, 5:53 PM

Quote:
Something called "Tap on Ponce" just filed with the city for an alcohol permit. The address is 675 Ponce, which is Ponce City Market. The Applicant is "PC Growler." Maybe a beer/growler store for PCM?
There's already a bar called Tap in Midtown, so that's either the same owner or a pending trademark violation

Old Posted Jan 6, 2016, 10:54 PM

Fifth Group to open an Ecco restaurant next to Phipps Plaza

Atlanta’s Fifth Group Restaurants is once again betting on Buckhead with a second planned restaurant.The company looks to open a new location of Ecco, its European concept, next to Phipps Plaza mall and the AC Hotel by Marriott that’s now under construction. Ecco Buckhead would sit at Peachtree and Wieuca roads.
Designed by The Johnson Studio, the restaurant is expected to open in mid-2017 and will feature 240 seats inside and a 50-seat landscaped patio.
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/b...t-next-to.html

Old Posted Jan 11, 2016, 8:02 PM

Westside Ironworks is starting to open up: http://atlanta.curbed.com/archives/2...osed-thing.php

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta