HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 12, 2006, 3:16 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastperspective
nice!

Just an observation...........

This actually looks to be a very tall 14 story tower. (The Federal Building is 14 stories in DT Sacramento), but it's floor to ceiling heights make the builidng appear much taller. Given the scale of the pedestrians in this rendering I think we'll see the same thing in this tower.

I think this tower will look sharp on the West Sacramento Riverwalk.

Last edited by urban_encounter; Apr 12, 2006 at 3:29 PM.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2006, 6:15 PM
Finger Lickin' Good.

Yeah that looks like a pretty tall 14 stories. Good find westcoastperspective

Old Posted Apr 12, 2006, 9:08 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmtbr
Yeah that looks like a pretty tall 14 stories.

This tower is at least 19 stories. (Which is what the origional proposal for River 3 called for anyway)

(photos courtesy of joninsac in the California forum)

Groundbreaking set for late summer 2006.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2006, 1:56 AM
Finger Lickin' Good.

^^ Yeah, I just read that the bottom has 5 floors of parking, so that would make it 19, huh? I should learn to count again...

Old Posted Apr 15, 2006, 6:26 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

More Transit Oriented Development along RT Metro Corridor

Hundreds of condos may rise at rail stations
20-story downtown tower part of plan

By Mike McCarthy/Sacramento Business Journal
Full Story in April 14th Print Edition

Developers plan to build 15 and 20 story condos and office towers near
the light-rail station near 13th and R street in downtown Sacramento.

The high profile project is one of five planned for surplus Sacramento Regional Transit land near light rail stations that the agency is negotiating to sell to developers.

The combined venture would create 700 condos and apartments and
are planned by John Freguson. The group is negotiating with Regional
Transit to buy a third of an acre and the project is in the early
stages. There was no rendering showing what they would look like.

The two downtown towers could include 220 condominiums, plus retail and office space. If built, they would likely spur more redevelopment along the rundown, semi-industrial R street corridor.

The towers are planned by a partnership that includes builder John Ferguson. The group is negotiating with Regional Transit officials to buy a third of an acre owned by the agency south of the 13th Street Station, said Fred Arnold, Regional Transit's real estate director. The station sits between R and Q streets.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2006, 10:19 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

High Density Residential/Office/Retail (Updated 4/15/06)

24 Towers proposed/planned/approved/ or under construction. (Not including Railyards or Docks proposals)

Approximately 22,984 Residential units proposed/planned/approved/ or under construction for the downtown/midtown/combined waterfront area.

Currently under construction:

* 25 story/400' 621 Capitol Mall, office tower. Developer David Taylor.

*15 story Marriott Residence Inn & Condominiums 239 hotel rooms/30 Condos top three floors

*Plaza Lofts 225 Lofts/22,000 sf retail (CIM Group)

* L street Lofts 8 stories 92 Lofts 5,850 sf ground floor retail (Sotiris Kolokotronis)

*1850 L street 176 units/9,600 sf retail (Sotiris Kolokotronis)

*Capitol Terrace 21st & L street 65 units/3,000 retail (St. Anton)

*19th & O 10 lofts/10,000 sf ground retail

*12th & K (Old Sears Building) 12 Lofts on the 3rd & 4th floors/Ground floor retail

*9th & K (Former Hale Dept Store/office building) 33 Lofts

*North End Lofts II 14th & H street 11 Lofts

*H street Lofts approximately 8-10 Lofts

*IronWorks (Triangle Area Of West Sacramento) 180 Lofts

*Globe Mills 12th & c street 143 Flats/Lofts

* Upper Eastside Lofts (Transit Oriented mixed use Development Planned are 140 units adjacent 65th street RT Metro station) Ravel Rasmussen Properties/partnering with Separovich Domich.

*East End Gateway (16th & O NW Corner) 34 Lofts (Loftworks)

*East End Gateway (16th & O SW Corner) 56 Units/ground floor retail

*Whiskey Hill Lofts (30 lofts and carriage houses at 21st and S streets/Rite Aid Drug Store, just one block from the Meridian project. (Paul Petrovich).

*1531 L street Firestone Building (Dining/Retail) Cordano http://www.cordanoco.com/project_pdfs/firestone3.pdf

*M.A.A.R.S Project (Midtown Area Art, Retail Scene in Sacramento's Lavender Heights/Midtown)
Heller Pacific http://www.hellerpacific.com/mars-1.html

Approved/Awaiting start of construction:

* Twin 54 story towers, "The Towers" 301 Capitol Mall (615 ' each) 800 Condos/276 room Intercontinental Hotel & Ground floor retail SACA development. Non refundable deposts being taken at this point and continuing through April. Cal Pers is investing $100 in equity for this project. (Estimated Construction start May 2006)

*Aura 39 story 440' residential tower 615 Capitol Mall (Approx 282 Condos) ground Floor retail). BCN Development (Est Construction start March 2006). Final Approval given 10/27/05. 75% of the units sold (15% non refundable deposits) in 3 day sales event. (Estimated Construction start May 2006)

*11th Street Lofts (11th & R street behind exisitng 3 story brick building) 14 Live Work Lofts

*12th Street Lofts (12th & R street) 16 Live Work Lofts

*Capitol Lofts/CADA Warehouse 122 lofts/condos (Spring 2006)

*East End Gateway (16th & N) 130 units with ground floor retail (Lambert Development)

*East End Gateway (16th & P) 34 units

*SoCap Lofts (Phase I) 32 high density loft style homes North side of R street between 6th and 7th street (2006)

*Alchemy on R Street, High density residential townhomes/lofts N. side of R street between 26th and 27th street

*McNamme Townhomes S.E. Corner of 26th and R streets

*Cooper Union Building 16th & H street 13 units/ground floor retail

Planning Process:

*50 story mixed use tower "Epic" 638' 12th & I street BCN Development. (Est start of construction mid 2006)

*56 story residential tower "Capitol Grand" 13th & J street (estimated 700+'?), undetermined # of Condos/192 room Hilton Garden Inn. Mo Mohanna/John Lamberth (Est start of construction 2006)

*38 story condo tower 'The Metropolitan' 10th & J street, 35,000sf Retail, 330 Residential Units. John Saca Developer

*31 story mixed highrise 701 L street. To have 70-80 apartments (top 12 floors) 160,000 sf ground floor retail/ 233,310 sf office Tower Development (Est Cont start 2006/2007)

*25 story office building (Privately Financed) 500 Capitol Mall (Tsakopoulis family trust) Est construction start 2006

*2 Towers, West End State Office Complex, Option #3 a 20 and 26 story tower (with nearby housing)

*23 story residential tower 11th & J street with 200 units. St. Anton/Cordano Development (Est Construction start 2006)

*23 story Meridian Palza Phase II (Office Building) 15th and K street Tony Giannoni Developer

*21 story tower 8th & I street 295 condos with office
and retail (D.R. Horton of Texas)

*Raley's Landing West Sacramento Mulitple towers:
1) 'River One' is an 18 story 150+ unit residential tower 245,000sf commerical and 42,000 Restaurant/Retail
2) Washington street property 6 story 550 residential units (Panattoni Development)

and........

3) 'River Two' is a 18 story 150 unit residential tower (Site and proposal now controlled by CalSTRS)
4) 'River Three' CalSTRS $180 million HQ, is a 14 story 400,000 sf and 20,000 sf office/retail complex/ HOK Architects.

* Downtown Plaza (Remodel) Addtition of new anchor store and relocation of theaters as well as Plaza improvements. (Westfield)

*3,000 condos/lofts (West Sacramento Riverfront) Friedman/Rumsey Band. Estimated construction start 2007

*UP Railyards 10,000 housing units/ground retail (application submitted to the City Millenia Associates) pending sale of UP railyards.

*"North Town North" 2,723 residential units or (1,831 apartments, 891 houses and 792 condominiums) 75k sf retail at 7th Street and Richards Boulevard. Developer: Capitol Station 65 LLC

*SoCap Lofts (Phase II) 32 high density loft style homes South side of R Street between 6th and 7th street (2007)

*Cal Pers High density housing project on the South Side of R street between 3rd and 4th street

Proposed:

*Two towers 20 and 15 stories, mixed use office/condos towers proposed by John Freguson. The site is
south of the 13th Street RT Metro (Light Rail) station, The station sits between R and Q streets.

*Sacramento Docks Project. 35 Acre Riverfront High density residential, dining, riverfront park (South of Old Sacramento). San Francisco's Kenwood Investment.

*Jiboom Street Partners (PG&E Power Station). 15 story riverfront residential highrise, to include refurbishment of the historic PG&E Building, possible Science and Space Museum (and Planetarium), as well as restaurants and an Amphitheater. (D.R. Horton of Texas)

*9th & L street 15 story officer tower (Cordano Development)

*10 & K street 150 apartments 80 condos 60,000 sf entertainment/retail (Taylor/CIM) pending council agreement.

*800 block of K street (Two Towers) with 500+ residential units and 107,330 sf retail (Saca/Lamberth/Mohanna) pending council agreement.

*San Diego developers Meridian announced plans to build 61 single-family homes on the site of an office building at 21st and U street, 45 detached three-story townhouses 16 units will be 1,000-square foot carriage houses sitting atop garages.

Residential Units Proposed/Approved or Under Construction in the Greater Downtown/Midtown/Waterfront Areas

Currently Under Construction: 1,247 Residential Units

Approved/Awaiting start of construction: Approximate 1,451 Residential Units

Planning Process: 18,205 Residential Units

Proposed: Estimated 2,081 Residential Units

Total number of downtown/midtown/combined waterfront residential units in the pipeline: 22,984

Recently Complete

*Fremont Mews 118 Lofts/22,000 sf community garden

*16th & K street 23 lofts/ground floor retail (Loft Works)

If anyone has any corrections to what is listed above, please feel free to post it and I'll make any necessary changes.

Last edited by urban_encounter; Apr 15, 2006 at 11:31 PM.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2006, 6:19 AM

Wow I'm really glad I ran into this forum. You guys are a great resource. Where do you find all this information? All I know of is downtownsac.org, and the Bee.

I'm currently shopping different hospitals for employment, and it looks like I'm most likely going to end up at 4001 J Street...which looks to be biking distance from some of these new developments! I just hope they will be affordable so I don't have to give up my piece of the suburbs.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2006, 7:24 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by leechungsr
Wow I'm really glad I ran into this forum. You guys are a great resource. Where do you find all this information? All I know of is downtownsac.org, and the Bee.

I'm currently shopping different hospitals for employment, and it looks like I'm most likely going to end up at 4001 J Street...which looks to be biking distance from some of these new developments! I just hope they will be affordable so I don't have to give up my piece of the suburbs.

Welcome to the forum leechungsr.

We all just kind of pull our resources and keep an eye out. Some people here have contacts within the city and some within the development community.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2006, 8:41 PM

^ Yeah, the information is actually quite plentiful. You just have to know where to look and who to ask.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2006, 10:09 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Sacramento's first 700' tower proposal....

(photo and design specs courtesy of innov8)>>>>(More information to follow in June)

(photo courtesy of foxmtbr)

Last edited by urban_encounter; Apr 25, 2006 at 11:38 PM.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2006, 2:02 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

The latest and long awaited St. Anton condo tower

Cathedral Square Condos
233 Condo Units
26 Stories, 290 Feet
St. Anton/Cordano

(images and research courtesy of Sugit; posted in the California forum)

Old Posted Apr 27, 2006, 7:05 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

Updated and moved to page 8

Last edited by urban_encounter; Jun 1, 2006 at 7:10 AM.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2006, 7:14 AM
Here we stAy

It's great to finally hear some new news on Capitol Grand and St. Anton.

And thanks for that comprehensive list. I'm sure that took some work.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2006, 7:18 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsmotorsport

And thanks for that comprehensive list. I'm sure that took some work.

You have no idea..... I'm so tired I'm seeing double...

Factor in a slow computer and a busy server and it's been an all night project....But well worth it...

Old Posted Apr 27, 2006, 8:01 AM
them bones

^Wonderful list guys. Fun to watch Sacto grow UP.

I know the guys from Corgan and when the drawings for the new transportation building and Terminal B come out, you guys will be most impressed. They showed me some preliminary sketches a couple months ago (I was working with them on another project).

Old Posted Apr 27, 2006, 8:59 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by plinko

I know the guys from Corgan and when the drawings for the new transportation building and Terminal B come out, you guys will be most impressed. They showed me some preliminary sketches a couple months ago (I was working with them on another project).

That's wonderful to hear Plinko. We appreciate an objective inside source who has seen the renderings and spoken with the Corgan Associates. From what I can tell Corgan is proabbly the best choice the County could have made to oversee the airport expansion and modernization project...

I'm personally can't wait to see what they come up with.

Old Posted May 7, 2006, 3:53 PM
Kodachrome

Old Posted May 18, 2006, 5:04 PM

great

Old Posted May 23, 2006, 3:01 AM

According to sf.curbed, Aura is 81 pecent sold:

http://sf.curbed.com/archives/2006/0...chitecture.php

Old Posted May 24, 2006, 4:00 PM

By Bob Shallit -- Bee Columnist
Published 12:01 am PDT Wednesday, May 24, 2006
Story appeared in Business section, Page D1

Moving on up: The California Restaurant Association is not only going to be a tenant in David Taylor's new high-rise under construction at Sixth and Capitol Mall. It's also an equity investor in the 25-story project, to be called the U.S. Bank Tower.

The group is investing an undisclosed amount of money to become part owner of the building. The other major investor is the Lewis Trust Group.

Where is CRA coming up with the cash for its investment? A small portion could come from the pending sale of its current headquarters, the former Wells Fargo building at 1011 10th Street.

That building -- with its immense lobby, ornate 35-foot ceilings with skylights and a three-panel Millard Owen Sheets mural on the back wall -- is a downtown treasure. The buyers are local investors Majid Rahimian and Abe Koshfan.

A CRA spokeswoman says the group will lease back its space in the building from the new buyers -- until the Taylor project is ready for occupancy in April 2008.

Condomania: Speaking of high-rises, Denver developer Craig Nassi finally has lined up a contractor for the 38-story condo tower he's building next to Taylor's Capitol Mall office project.

Under contract for the job is Tishman Construction, a New York-based firm that's building the new World Trade Center -- including the 1,776-foot-tall Freedom Tower -- along with other big Manhattan projects.

"They specialize in high-rises, which is why they're such a good fit for this project," says Nassi. He's never worked with Tishman before. But he says the firm has done other work with project architect Daniel Libeskind, including the WTC job.

What's the latest on the Sacramento project? Nassi says he's collected non-refundable deposits on about 80 percent of his 265 units. Pile work began last week. Construction is expected to take about 20 months.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations