HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Jun 29, 2016, 12:44 AM

Email sent to the Ahavath Achim membership:

Quote:
Letter Regarding the Sale of Our Building

Yesterday, an article appeared in the Willamette Week regarding the sale of our building on Barbur Blvd and its demolition to make room for a 30-unit apartment complex. This information was erroneously based on papers that were filed by our architect to try to remove utility easements held by the city on our property in order to widen our reach to potential buyers. To reiterate- Our building has NOT been sold, nor do we have any serious buyers who have expressed interest.

As we have stated in the past, before we make any decision whether to sell our building, move permanently to Hillsdale, or make any other major permanent changes we will have a meeting of our membership and put the decision up for a vote. For the past year, our Board has worked with numerous realtors, developers, and architects in order to ensure the best future for our congregation in case our membership votes in favor of selling our building on Barbur Blvd.

We recognize that this is an emotional decision for you as it is for those Board members who have been involved in working on this project. There is a great deal of history our community has shared in that building and no one is taking the decision to move out lightly. The move was predicated on doing what is best for the continuation of Sephardic life in Portland.

For the past many years, Shabbat minyan attendance has dropped and interest in Sephardic culture has waned. The Jewish community has moved away from that section of Portland and we are trying to revitalize our community with our focus on the future. Being Sephardic is much more than any building. It is something we take with us wherever we go and we hope to rebuild a new Sephardic center that will attract more membership involvement. Again, we have not made any formal decisions about our future, but we have great optimism in what the future holds for us.

We apologize to anyone who may have seen this article and was caught off guard by it- we were too. It should never have been published due to its abundant inaccuracies. We plan on keeping to our promise to keep our membership apprised of any changes in our situation and an invitation to vote before any permanent decisions are made. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Renee Ferrera at pdxrenee@aol.com. We thank you for your patience during this process and hope to report some promising news in the near future.

Please note that sometime in the next week or so you may see a "For Sale" sign on our property, but as we mentioned no sale will take place without our membership’s vote.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Jul 6, 2016, 7:11 PM

Building permits are under review for a project at 6400 SW Canyon Ct:

Quote:
Building 1 – 76 units, 4 stories of living over 2 stories of below grade parking

Building 2 – 72 units, 4 stories of living over 2 stories of structured parking

Building 3 – 59 units, 3 stories over 1 story of structured parking

Building 4 – 60 units, 3 stories of living over 1 floor of structural parking

Old Posted Jul 22, 2016, 3:57 AM

Quote:
64 apartments rising up at the former Macadam's Bar & Grill site

The sign's still there, but the building that for nearly a decade housed Macadam's Bar & Grill on Southwest Macadam Avenue is no more.

Demolition crews made quick work of the building over the past week, setting the stage for a new apartment development that's on the way.

According to permits filed with the city, plans for the site include a four-story building with 31 units and a three-story building with 33 units. The two buildings will be connected by a three-floor skybridge. Plans also include construction of a small on-site covered parking structure.
...continues at the Portland Business Journal.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2016, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
that sketchup rendering makes my eyes hurt.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2016, 10:27 PM

(Last week)

Quilici Architecture & Design Inc have requested Early Assistance for a project at 6825 SW 45th Ave:

Quote:
New 65-unit apartment building with underground parking.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2016, 6:16 PM

Under Armour sets opening date for Portland office
Sep 8, 2016, 2:18pm PDT Updated Sep 9, 2016, 9:28am PDT
Matthew Kish
Staff Reporter
Portland Business Journal

http://www.bizjournals.com/portland/...647&j=75733172

Quote:
Under Armour's high-profile new Portland office, originally expected to open this fall, is now scheduled to open in the spring or summer of 2017.

The Baltimore-based rival of Nike on Thursday also confirmed significant improvements to adjacent Duniway Park, including adding a synthetic turf field, pedestrian lighting and a new eight-lane track.

Work is well underway on the track improvements, as well as renovations to the former YMCA, which Under Armour leased last year.

Under Armour's plans seem to have grown more ambitious since renovations started. While originally expected to be around 70,000 square feet, the office is now expected to be nearly 110,000, possibly explaining the delayed completion.

...(continues)

Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 2:04 AM

Notice of a Pre-Application Conference for SW Hooker & SW Barbur.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2016, 5:24 AM

A building permit was issued for a project at 7711 SW Capitol Highway (previously 7707 SW Capitol Highway):

Quote:
New four story apartment building, 72 units, approximately 40 parking stalls, 2 retail spaces, ***demo permit for existing structure to be obtained separately***

Old Posted Sep 29, 2016, 6:39 AM

Early Assistance has been requested for a project at 11365 SW Capitol Highway:

Quote:
10-unit apartment complex with private drive.
A Pre-Application Conference has been scheduled by Koble Creative Architecture to discuss a project at 5615 SW Hood Ave:

Quote:
Pre-application conference to discuss a new mixed-use building (office/retail at grade w/parking behind @ 4′ below grade w/2 floors office lease space above. Project includes rooftop penthouse, deck, and greenroof.
Additions to a building at 0110 SW Porter St have been submitted for building permit review by Hennebery Eddy Architects:

Quote:
Addition-renovation of existing building, addition of full second floor within the existing building shell. Change of occupancy from storage (S) to business (B), seismic improvements, site improvements, and MEP upgrades

Old Posted Oct 4, 2016, 7:49 PM

A project at 2025 SW Vermont St has been submitted for Type II Design Review by COLAB Architecture:

Quote:
Multi dwelling development of household living use. Ten units total with associated site improvements. ROW improvements and dedications for SW Vermont and SW Idaho streets per separate Public Works Permit.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2016, 5:44 AM

A building permit was issued for a project at 6015 SW Virginia Ave (formerly 6003 SW Virginia):

Quote:
Construct new, 3 story, 19 unit apartment building, no parking, trash room is at interior ground floor, includes associated site work

Old Posted Nov 2, 2016, 4:28 AM

A building permit was issued to Jivanjee Circosta Architecture for a project at 5885 SW Macadam Ave:

Quote:
New construction of 4 story multifamily building with 31 units(building 1) and 3 story multifamily building with 33 units (building 2) connected with 3 fl skybridge.With onsite parking, site improvements and site amenities

Old Posted Nov 10, 2016, 3:53 PM

Notice Of A Public Hearing for Under Armour (Metro Family YMCA) Building Addition

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 8:19 PM

Last week

A building permit was issued to SERA Architects for The Amy at 2031 SW 10th Ave:

Quote:
New 5 story wood framed apartment building above one level of below grade parking
This week

Early Assistance has been requested by GBD Architects for the PCC Child Development Center at 11900 SW 49th Ave:

Quote:
Development of Child Development Center – includes alterations to an existing building on the campus (south classroom building) as well as the construction of a new free-standing building.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2016, 5:28 AM

Quote:
Student-oriented affordable housing set to rise in Portland, OR

• Nonprofit developer College Housing Northwest has started work on a $20 million housing redevelopment project that will provide 141 furnished units for college and university students in Portland, OR, that are expected to be priced at least 15% below market.
  • The five-story, 75,000-square-foot project, called The Amy, will feature three student lounges with communal kitchens, a common room and an outdoor patio. It is also expected to provide parking for 35 cars and more than 200 bikes.
  • The project, which is located near Portland State University, is slated to open in the fall of 2017. SERA Architects provided design services with Pavilion Construction as general contractor and Mainland Northwest as developer.
...continues at Construction Dive.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2016, 5:06 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
...continues at Construction Dive.
It is good to see more student housing coming, though I will say, I am so happy I no longer live on this street because I am sure the construction and influx of people living on my old dead end street would have just pissed me off and turned me into an old "get off my lawn" kind of guy.

Do we know if construction on this building has started yet? Last time I was on my old street, they had the old apartment building vacant, but nothing was going on with it yet.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2016, 2:52 AM

Design Commission approved an expansion of the Under Armour building on Thursday. Here are the drawings [PDF - 6MB] and Staff Report.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2016, 4:48 AM

Early Assistance has been requested by Fosler Portland Architecture for a project at SW 36th Ave & Troy St:

Quote:
New Mixed Use Building on vacant sloping lot. First 2 stories office and retail top 2 stories will have 4-8 apartments.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2016, 4:02 AM

Wow, that's cool, I was hoping that Fosler would spread some more of their good work around town. Maybe they'll name this little gem the Troy.

s\

Old Posted Dec 22, 2016, 7:59 PM

Drawings [PDF - 7MB] for the SW Barbur and Hooker apartments.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland