HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Jul 13, 2016, 7:13 AM

A Pre-Application Conference has been scheduled by Brett Schulz Architect for a project at 2510 NE Sandy Blvd:

Quote:
Proposal to demo existing building and develop a new 6 story mixed used building. Ground floor commercial with approximately 88 apartments.
A Design Review has been submitted by Houndstooth Development for a project at 3525 NE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd:

Quote:
Proposal is for new construction of a four story apartment building that will have 24 studio apts and four large loft units. The ground floor will have common areas to support the residents of the building.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Jul 13, 2016, 7:29 PM

Request for Response [PDF] for the Jantzen Apartments (where Club 21 is now).

Old Posted Jul 14, 2016, 7:33 PM

Quote:
Natural Grocers won't open on MLK in early 2017. Here's why.

Portland redevelopment officials touted an overly optimistic schedule when promoting a new city-subsidized commercial project -- prominently featuring Natural Grocers -- that they said would be built by January 2017.

As it turns out, the California developer in charge of the project doesn't even have to take control of the city-owned land until April 2017. Under such a scenario, construction wouldn't be complete until February 2018, a year later than anticipated.

Confusion about the timing of the project stems from conflicting dates included in public documents from last year, when the Portland Development Commission voted to approve its deal with Majestic Realty Co.
...continues at the Oregonian.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2016, 5:31 AM

Early Assistance has been requested by C2K Architecture and Greenlight Development for a project at 2810 NE Broadway:

Quote:
Proposal is to develop a mixed use structure with 74 apartment units, 22 parking spaces and 97 long term bicycle parking space with 4 short term bicycle parking spaces.
A building permit was issued for the Bridgetown apartments at 4525 NE Fremont St:

Quote:
New 4 story mixed use building with ground floor retail and 50 residential units on upper floors. Includes onsite parking; fenced in electrical transformer

Old Posted Jul 28, 2016, 6:27 AM

Notice of a Pre-Application Conference [PDF] for 2510 NE Sandy Blvd.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2016, 4:15 AM

Scott Edwards Architecture have submitted the Garlington Center at 3024 NE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd for building permit review:

Quote:
Construct new 4 story (52 unit) apartment building with associated parking and landscaping
A building permit was issued for a project at 424 NE Jessup St (formerly 432 NE Jessup):

Quote:
Construct new 3 story (12) unit apartment building with associated site utilities

Old Posted Aug 3, 2016, 7:33 PM

C2K Architecture have requested Early Assistance for a project at 3434 NE Sandy Blvd:

Quote:
Renovation of existing building to include retail and commercial uses along Sandy Boulevard and development mechanic’s shop into commercial bakery. Existing parking to be converted to public amenity space.
A Pre-Permit Zoning Plan check has been requested for a project at 20 NE 14th Ave:

Quote:
6 story multi-family apartment building with parking for 132 vehicles
The MLK.Mason West apartments at 4119 NE M L King Blvd have been submitted for building permit review:

Quote:
New 6 story apartment building with 112 units and tuck under parking.
A project at 24 NE 60th Ave has been submitted for building permit review:

Quote:
Construct new 4 story 14 unit apartment building with parking on main fl and associated site work
A second building at the Garlington Center has been submitted for building permit review by Scott Edwards Architecture:

Quote:
Construct new 2 story building for new clinic associated site work
The Home2 Suites by Hilton @ Portland Airport has been submitted for building permit review by JRA Architecture & Planning:

Quote:
Construct new 4 story 99 rooms hotel with indoor pool and exercise room; associated site work and new parking

Old Posted Aug 17, 2016, 4:19 AM

A building permit is under review for a project at 8155 NE Air Cargo Rd by Mackenzie:

Quote:
Shell and TI for new 7-11 with attached car wash. 3000 sq ft store to include sales area, backroom, electrical room, bottle room, (2) bathrooms, freezer, refrigerator and cooler vault. Parking and landscaping

Old Posted Aug 30, 2016, 10:24 PM

(Last week)

Dowl have requested Early Assistance for a project at NE Holman and Airport Way:

Quote:
New restaurant with attached porch and parking spaces. Building proposed to be entirely within the EG2 zone.
(This week)

Carleton Hart Architecture have submitted the Grant Warehouse Redevelopment at 3368 NE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd for Type II Design Review:

Quote:
Proposal is for new five story 87,900 sf mixed-use development with 80 affordable apartments and 6,000 sf of neighborhood oriented commercial use. Modification proposed for site development standard 33.266.220.C.3.B for bicycle parking.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2016, 10:04 AM

Drawings [PDF - 6MB] for the Jantzen apartments.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 7:32 PM

(Last week)

A building permit has been issued to Stack Architecture for a project at 7474 NE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd:

Quote:
Core and shell for new medical clinic to include landscaping , site utilities, on site parking, screened emergency generator, storm water control

Old Posted Sep 20, 2016, 5:24 AM

A building permit was issued for the Hoyt20 Apartments at 620 NE 20th Ave:

Quote:
New construction of a 6-story 59unit apartment building including parking and retail on level 1. Levels 3-6 contain a mix of apartment including studios, 1 bedroom, and 2 bedrooms. Level 6 also has an amenity deck along the west property line. Retail space on level 1 is to be built out under a separate permit with no occupancy this permit. Demo of existing building to be under separate permit. Demo plans included for reference only.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2016, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
Drawings [PDF - 6MB] for the Jantzen apartments.
I like the size and the design. It fits in well without being boring. They certainly didn't go for the lowest cost solution.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2016, 9:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlov's Dog View Post
I like the size and the design. It fits in well without being boring. They certainly didn't go for the lowest cost solution.
for once I think that SERA's pseudo-historical crap actually fits.

that courtyard is horrific, though.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2016, 6:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric cantona View Post
for once I think that SERA's pseudo-historical crap actually fits.
What's pseudo-historical about it?

Old Posted Sep 21, 2016, 7:04 PM
Karma Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by twofiftyfive View Post
What's pseudo-historical about it?
It's pseudo Art Deco.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2016, 7:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65MAX View Post
It's pseudo Art Deco.
exactly.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2016, 7:42 PM

It will be interesting to see what Venerable Properties has planned.

Quote:
Portland’s Der Rheinlander to close after 53 years
The restaurant has been in the Mager family from the beginning

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — A German restaurant that has been in Portland for 53 years will be closing its doors sometime in the first quarter of 2017.

Der Rheinlander, owned by Guten Foods, announced on Tuesday it sold the building that houses the 50-year-old restaurant to Venerable Properties. The sale closes on Friday.

Employees will have the opportunity to stay on at the restaurant until it closes, and then they will be offered raises and positions at other Guten Foods restaurants.

“This decision didn’t happen overnight; we’ve been discussing it for a long time,” Guten Foods CEO Suzeanne Mager said. “I have bittersweet feelings about it, of course. But I feel it’s the right thing to do, especially considering today’s Portland food scene. It has been evolving, and so must we.”
...continues at KOIN.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2016, 7:52 PM
9-7-2oh1-!

Oh, wow. This is sad news indeed. And the hits for San Portlancisco keep coming.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2016, 8:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2oh1 View Post
Oh, wow. This is sad news indeed. And the hits for San Portlancisco keep coming.
I assuage the loss of Portland's character by reminding myself that a major earthquake could reduce much of this city to rubble in an eyeblink. Still, I almost wish for a recession if only to put a brake on this more gradual devastation.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland