HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Sep 5, 2013, 2:36 PM
ARTchitecture

Ohhh this is what those billboards near Keynote are always advertising. Any word on this at all? It seems at least stalled, if not "stale-proposal."

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2013, 4:36 PM
BANNED

Meh. This thing is due for a redesign. Well at least the podium anyways. I don't even think Procura's developing here anymore which isn't such a bad thing.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2013, 4:38 PM
not a NIMBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring2008 View Post
Meh. This thing is due for a redesign. Well at least the podium anyways. I don't even think Procura's developing here anymore which isn't such a bad thing.
Have they sold all the units in Montana yet?

Old Posted Sep 5, 2013, 4:44 PM
BANNED

One of the guys on here knows the owner of Procura, and told me there's still ~5 left to sell. Might be sold out by now though. Apparently the units in there are pretty pricey.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2013, 5:56 PM

They did redesign this, it's called the Duff Building now. And I haven't seen anything advertised near Keynote...

Old Posted Sep 5, 2013, 6:38 PM

The smaller office building (525 11th) was recently renovated and sold, so I would assume that this proposal is dead.

That corner would be a great site for some taller office development though, I believe we are going to start seeing some major office spillover from the core to the Beltline in the coming years with Place 10 kicking things off and the tracks becoming less of a (psychological) barrier.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2013, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
They did redesign this, it's called the Duff Building now. And I haven't seen anything advertised near Keynote...
I just went for an afternoon walk around Keynote and the adjoining block and I think what Chadillaccc sees is the old advertisement for One Ten which is for sale, unless I missed something along the way.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2013, 4:48 AM

A year or so back I checked Procura's website for this and other projects and it looked to be 45 stories with 12-15 floors of office being the lower floors! It looked pretty good. The old proposal wasn't so bad, just the podium. I hope it get's built! Would love to see a 550+ foot building on that spot! This particular site is quite a bit west of Keynote!

Old Posted Sep 7, 2013, 7:19 AM

Is there any progress on this site?

Old Posted Sep 7, 2013, 6:00 PM
Urban Advocate

I doubt procura does anything on this site for a long time. My bet is they try to sell it off before anything else.
Cities are the most extraordinary human creation. They are this phenomenon which has unbelievable capacity to solve problems, to innovate, to invent, to create prosperity, to make change and continually reform. - Ken Greenburg

Old Posted Sep 8, 2013, 7:43 AM

^ Thanks for the info! ^ I kind of liked the original design... reminds me of a much, much shorter version of Trump Chicago! I just hope something good goes up in that spot and it's tall!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates