HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Dec 5, 2016, 8:53 PM
Proud Homer!

Photos by moorlander @ urbanstl.com

Next door to this new tower is St. Louis County's new $120-million courthouse annex, which is also under construction.

Below are just street perspectives.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2017, 6:20 PM
Proud Homer!

Posted by moorlander via Paric

Old Posted Jan 27, 2017, 5:32 PM
devout Pizzatarian

^^ cool pics, but i think they show that the 380' height figure listed in the title of this thread is almost certainly wrong. it's a floor or two away from being topped out and it looks to be about the same height as several surrounding buildings known to be in the 200'- 300' range.

also, 27 story residential towers (where ~10' floor-to-floors are the norm) are rarely ever 380' tall without some sort of ornamental crown/spire (which this building does not have).

using google earth, i measured the width of the plot that the building is being built on as ~185' wide. using that figure, i scaled the image below to the same 185' width and got a height figure of ~277'. now, there is some perspective distortion in the image below, but not a ton, and certainly nowhere remotely close to enough to make up for a roughly 100' difference.

my guess is that the 380' figure came from an elevation drawing that had the top of the building called out at +380' and grade listed at +100'. this kind of mistake unfortunately happens a lot because some architects like to list grade as +100' when it really should be more helpfully listed as 0'.

Last edited by Steely Dan; Jan 27, 2017 at 5:47 PM.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2017, 7:57 PM
Proud Homer!

Photo by chriss752 @ urbanstl.com

Old Posted Feb 1, 2017, 8:14 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

that thing is really prominent, especially since clayton is on a ridge. downtown clayton is 200' higher in elevation than downtown st. louis.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2017, 10:13 PM
Proud Homer!

A ceremony was held yesterday celebrating the topping out of 212 South Meramec in downtown Clayton.

Downtown Clayton is the "county seat" for St. Louis County. St. Louis County and the City of St. Louis "divorced" in the 1800s.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2017, 10:20 PM
Proud Homer!

Drone videos featuring the 212 South Meramec construction site.

Video Link

Video Link

Old Posted Feb 19, 2017, 12:14 AM

I suppose this metro area is turning like ours because of their arch that is much prettier than ours in la Défense, also an engineering feat, though ours is filled with offices for real. I suspect the Danish architect who designed ours was mostly inspired by both theirs in St Lou and the real older ones from the ancient Roman tradition.

Anyway, this town of Clayton should be in charge of the same missions as so-called suburbs over here, whereas the arch sets a height limit over downtown St Louis proper.
That would make sense.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 9:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
I suppose this metro area is turning like ours because of their arch that is much prettier than ours in la Défense, also an engineering feat, though ours is filled with offices for real. I suspect the Danish architect who designed ours was mostly inspired by both theirs in St Lou and the real older ones from the ancient Roman tradition.

Anyway, this town of Clayton should be in charge of the same missions as so-called suburbs over here, whereas the arch sets a height limit over downtown St Louis proper.
That would make sense.
we aren't allowed to talk to paris, directly. see: lyon, our sister city.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2017, 7:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
^^ cool pics, but i think they show that the 380' height figure listed in the title of this thread is almost certainly wrong. it's a floor or two away from being topped out and it looks to be about the same height as several surrounding buildings known to be in the 200'- 300' range.

also, 27 story residential towers (where ~10' floor-to-floors are the norm) are rarely ever 380' tall without some sort of ornamental crown/spire (which this building does not have).

using google earth, i measured the width of the plot that the building is being built on as ~185' wide. using that figure, i scaled the image below to the same 185' width and got a height figure of ~277'. now, there is some perspective distortion in the image below, but not a ton, and certainly nowhere remotely close to enough to make up for a roughly 100' difference.

my guess is that the 380' figure came from an elevation drawing that had the top of the building called out at +380' and grade listed at +100'. this kind of mistake unfortunately happens a lot because some architects like to list grade as +100' when it really should be more helpfully listed as 0'.

Emporis has the "Architectural Height" listed as 380'. I would presume that would mean the height of the structure itself. Is that incorrect, or is the architectural height not equal to the structure?

Old Posted Mar 2, 2017, 9:28 PM

things got a parking podium

Old Posted Jun 24, 2017, 3:58 AM
Proud Homer!

Latest photos by wabash @ urbanstl.com

The building's exterior paint job is underway.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2017, 5:09 AM
Proud Homer!

At the 5:14 mark of this video below, you can begin to see the impact this new residential tower has on the downtown Clayton skyline as the MetroLink rumbles through downtown Clayton.

Video Link

Old Posted Jul 2, 2017, 11:07 AM
Proud Homer!

All photos by moorlander @ urbanstl.com

Building paint job and garage facade continues.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2017, 3:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newstl2020 View Post
Emporis has the "Architectural Height" listed as 380'. I would presume that would mean the height of the structure itself. Is that incorrect, or is the architectural height not equal to the structure?
On 7/28/16 Kyle Wilson, Managing Director at HDA Architects tweeted this:

"212 Clayton is 300ft from ground floor to top of elevator overrun."

and

"26 stories. Ground floor retail/lobby. 4 levels of parking. 20 floors of apartments. Top floor amenities.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2017, 7:01 PM
Proud Homer!

250-unit building is now leasing. Rents range from $1,636.00 to $4,541.00.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive