HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

Granville at 70th Tower I in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Vancouver Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jun 18, 2015, 10:15 PM

The Max | 31fl & 26fl | Completed

I currently live in one of The Max towers in Yaletown, so I think there will be a good amount of photos from these buildings and so a separate thread is in order.

This Concord Pacific complex was completed in 2005 and it consists of two two towers (31 and 26 floors) that are as generic as Concord towers get. I am in the taller tower 1 on the "32nd" floor but since there are so many fake floors, this is in reality only the 27th floor. Still pretty fine on Yaletown standards and there is a nice view.

We have a small furnished suite that is our temporary housing while we search for a proper unfurnished one this summer.

This building has also been knonw as owner's nightmare, as several major water damages having taken place after completion. The most famous leak happened in 2013 when a rich kid on drugs flooded the whole building. However, we have been told that there has been at least two other major leaks outside of that incident. One can actually see that even the unit we are in has been re-done recently, so those leaks must have been extensive.

And here are some photos.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2015, 11:00 PM

Great photos of some very forgettable buildings.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 12:22 AM

I'm happy you've found a place, but sad that we won't be getting pictures from your apartment-hunt

Thanks as usual for the quality pics!
Sorry to bash the new place, but I've always thought of The Max as "peak Concord Pacific". Weak commercial space with low ceilings, awkwardly-shaped tower floorplates, facades of nothing but cheap window-wall, capped with an unadorned/undisguised mechanical penthouse.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodomReaper View Post
I'm happy you've found a place, but sad that we won't be getting pictures from your apartment-hunt
Klazu has said this is just a temporary place while he and his wife find the perfect place.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 8:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodomReaper View Post
Sorry to bash the new place, but I've always thought of The Max as "peak Concord Pacific". Weak commercial space with low ceilings, awkwardly-shaped tower floorplates, facades of nothing but cheap window-wall, capped with an unadorned/undisguised mechanical penthouse.
No worries, this is just temp housing for us this summer. You are pretty spot on with your thoughts but the floor plan for the 09 unit is not that bad. It makes a pretty good use of only 520 sqft to make for a bedroom and den that are both separated from the small living room. It's pretty good use of tight space available.

But there are 10 suites per floor throughout the building and nothing is above 960 sqft in size. Not even on the top floor.

I don't mind the look of these towers that much, but it is a window-wall for sure. Unfortunately the podium has no interesting retail but at least it'sall occupied.

The amenities are actually pretty good with large pool and gym. There is even a car washing available for residents. Parkade is shared between the two towers are consists of three huge levels.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2015, 1:49 AM

Summer in the City.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2015, 5:15 PM

This just in: APOCALYPSE IN VANCOUVER!!

With huge fires approaching the city the streets are empty after thousands of people have fled the city! Those that did not have the time to escape before roadblocks were set to close all roads from Downtown core are now taking shelter from looters in empty glass towers. According to news channels Canadian Armed Forces are expected to be sending search and rescue missions into Downtown to help remaining survivors. At this point there is no word on number of casualties.

Some scientist say that is the beginning of chain of events that will eventually turn British Columbia to Wasteland like seen in the new Mad Max movie.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2015, 6:00 PM

Two more Vancouver smoke panoramas from yesterday. Normally one can see starts in the sky.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2015, 7:22 PM

Vancouver definitely = Mad Max world at this rate.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2015, 7:38 PM

Nice pictures, Klazu. With the ash sticking to windows, it will be time for me to open my window washing business

Old Posted Jul 6, 2015, 8:25 PM

Oh, I am sure window washing business brings a livelyhood to dozens of people in Vancouver.

Officedweller, I suppose I see your windows from our place? Or are you on the western side of Metropolitan Tower? I think we are around the same level, me being on the 27th non-fake floor.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2015, 10:34 PM

I wonder if non-essential window washing and other power washing is going to be restricted now because of the water situation. My building's parkade had been scheduled for it's annual power washing starting this morning but it's now been postponed indefinitely after a notice we got from the city. It's not going to be a good summer for cleaning businesses that rely on using lots of water. This could be one dirty dusty town by October.

BTW, that last shot is really beautiful Klazu! The haze isn't very nice to see in the daytime but at night it can add a lot of atmosphere and character to an image.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2015, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
Oh, I am sure window washing business brings a livelyhood to dozens of people in Vancouver.

Officedweller, I suppose I see your windows from our place? Or are you on the western side of Metropolitan Tower? I think we are around the same level, me being on the 27th non-fake floor.
950 Cambie - the left of the 2 towers. I face west - middle suite - facing directly over Cambie, so you can't see me.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2015, 11:40 PM

Feeling any vertigo?

Blue skies are back!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver