HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 18, 2011, 8:35 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

I personally don't much care for redheaded guys (and secretly fear I am destined for ginger sons), but to be equal opportunity here, we really should post a few

Old Posted Apr 18, 2011, 8:36 PM
of Gnomeregan

I'm happy if we don't...

Old Posted Apr 18, 2011, 8:38 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

In the spirit of equal opportunity there should probably be a few male redheads posted, but please no pics of that freak known as Carrot Top.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Apr 18, 2011, 8:41 PM
of Gnomeregan

I thought the redheads were being posted to bribe Cirrus to sticky and/or keep the new thread title. What good would red headed men do that? It could even backfire.. imagine scrolling down seeing a nice thick lock of red hair and thinking mmmmmm she's going to be hot. Then continuing to scroll to find some ginger bodybuilder dude.. probably not the effect you're looking for.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2011, 8:44 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Eeeehhhhh.

So how 'bout them Rockies?

Old Posted Apr 18, 2011, 8:45 PM
of Gnomeregan

Pictures of the Rockies home run swings I could really support... mmmmmm

Old Posted Apr 18, 2011, 8:48 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainpathology View Post
I thought the redheads were being posted to bribe Cirrus to sticky and/or keep the new thread title. What good would red headed men do that? It could even backfire.. imagine scrolling down seeing a nice thick lock of red hair and thinking mmmmmm she's going to be hot. Then continuing to scroll to find some ginger bodybuilder dude.. probably not the effect you're looking for.
Unfortunately, equal opportunity practices does tend to have unintended consequences....

But, yeah, how 'bout them Rockies?

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Apr 18, 2011, 8:52 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

I am going to be justifiably proud if my sandwich thread, now the brewpub, puts the sports thread out of business.

I am happy to see the Rockies playing solid small-ball. Homers are great. But single, double, and a timely double after a great at-bat... That's what wins ballgames.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2011, 8:56 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

^Maybe I should jump on the bandwagon and start following baseball. What's a good way to start?

Old Posted Apr 18, 2011, 8:56 PM
of Gnomeregan

So does remembering there are 9 innings (at least) in every game. There seemed to be so many games last year that if they fell behind they just stopped trying. OR they tried to hit 560ft home runs with every single swing. This year it seems like even if its the 6th or 7th inning they are not looking desperate or panicked. A lot of that must be Lansford... a lot of it also must just be younger players maturing.

Or it can all be my imagination...

Old Posted Apr 18, 2011, 9:00 PM
of Gnomeregan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
^Maybe I should jump on the bandwagon and start following baseball. What's a good way to start?
Find someone to go to a bar with to watch a game over a pitcher of your favorite beer. You MAY get unlucky and see a boring game so establish at least some good memories in the beginning.

Then go to the rockpile... in Denver you're lucky to have a stadium nice enough that watching the grass grow there is worth the price of a few of the tickets. (plus you don't have figure in life insurance premiums like you do in other NL west cities as part of your budget).

Or just watch a few on Root Sports while you do other things... sooner or later if there's any chance you'll like it.. this group will probably grow on you.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2011, 9:02 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Good way to start? Rockpile. Tickets cheaper than your first beer. Remeber though, when it comes to beer, there are only 7 innings in the game.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2011, 9:03 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Thanks for the tips. After gradumacation I'll have to devote some time to watching sports. Plus, the strong probability that the NFL season is toast gives me another incentive to learn to like baseball.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2011, 9:04 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Thanks for the tips. After gradumacation I'll have to devote some time to watching sports. Plus, the strong probability that the NFL season is toast gives me another incentive to learn to like baseball.
Well, if it turns out not to be your thing, come September there is always CSU-P football.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2011, 9:07 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

^Yeah.... no.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2011, 9:29 PM
cities|transit|croissants

The only good way to watch a baseball game is in person. It's really not about the game; it's about killing three hours with a beer and the sun in your face.

... At least, that's what we tell ourselves where we have two teams that have combined for 19 straight losing seasons.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2011, 9:33 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Eeyore even fails at sucking up:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...postcount=4755

Lindsey Lohan? Really? Sure 18 and under Lohan was hot (please don't arrest me), but you have to factor in the current reality.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2011, 9:34 PM
BANNED

^

I don't know many hot girls. Now if a hot guy would work then watch out!

Old Posted Apr 18, 2011, 9:40 PM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngiNerd View Post
I agree with everything you just said, Santiago for breakfast, especially after a night of drinking is the best. I grew up on the Griff's in Arvada, so love that place...them and Jim's Burger Haven on 80th-ish and Sheridan.
Jim's Burger Haven for teh win!

That place is awesome! Been years since I've been there (let's face it, it's been a few years since I've lived in the Denver area already!), but Jim's was always a treat when I was in the north Metro area!

Aaron (Glowrock)

Old Posted Apr 18, 2011, 9:45 PM
of Gnomeregan

All these new names... Griff's for burgers and Pete's for after drinking got me through about 9 years of whatever going out drinking and dancing is called now. It used to be called partying but that's DEFINITELY not the right word now.

My roommate insists we go to Jack and Grill's when she passes through town with me when I move. Any yay or nay from here?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West