HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 2:59 AM

XFL Football Team

With the XFL returning in 2020, rumor has it they are looking for some new cities to house new teams?

Would you guys like to see an XFL team in Milwaukee?

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 5:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanPlotkin_MKE View Post
With the XFL returning in 2020, rumor has it they are looking for some new cities to house new teams?

Would you guys like to see an XFL team in Milwaukee?
Eh, I would much rather have an NHL or MLS team.

I personally wouldn't watch it but I know nothing about viewership or XFL attendance or the league in general. How big of a stadium or arena does the XFL need? Where would they play in Milwaukee? Milwaukee surely wouldn't build a stadium for the XFL.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 2:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan15 View Post
Eh, I would much rather have an NHL or MLS team.

I personally wouldn't watch it but I know nothing about viewership or XFL attendance or the league in general. How big of a stadium or arena does the XFL need? Where would they play in Milwaukee? Milwaukee surely wouldn't build a stadium for the XFL.
I was thinking, if they were to build a stadium, the Menominee Valley would be the perfect place to put it.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 3:01 PM

Quote:
I was thinking, if they were to build a stadium, the Menominee Valley would be the perfect place to put it.
It would be. I just don't see Milwaukee dishing out funds for an XFL stadium. Even if we did have the funds, I would rather them be used for a soccer specific stadium (also in the valley as you suggested) in hopes of attracting an MLS team. Can the XFL play at a soccer stadium? Or do they need a football-specific stadium?

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 7:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan15 View Post
It would be. I just don't see Milwaukee dishing out funds for an XFL stadium. Even if we did have the funds, I would rather them be used for a soccer specific stadium (also in the valley as you suggested) in hopes of attracting an MLS team. Can the XFL play at a soccer stadium? Or do they need a football-specific stadium?
I'd say, make one that can be interchangeable. And if the stadium is big enough... perhaps the Packers could make a return how they used to back in the days of County Stadium?

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 8:42 PM

Quote:
I'd say, make one that can be interchangeable. And if the stadium is big enough... perhaps the Packers could make a return how they used to back in the days of County Stadium?
That revenue is too important for Green Bay. They won't give up any home games to Milwaukee, especially with the Title Town District currently being built. Don't get me wrong, I would love it, as a majority of their fans come from Milwaukee anyways, but it just isn't going to happen. They keep those former Milwaukee season ticket holders happy with the Milwaukee ticket package which I believe is the Gold Package.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations