HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

KPMG Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Los Angeles Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Los Angeles Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 3, 2008, 12:27 AM

Current and Future Skylines

Is there someone who has a lot of time on their hands and good 3D imaging skills that I could ask a favor from?

I recently saw a panomramic picture of the London 2012-15 skyline and really like seeing what things will look like.

Is there someone who could do that with the Los Angeles and Denver skylines? It would be much appreciated. I do not have a link at the current time if there are questions but will try and find the image unless someone already has it and wants to put it up.

Thanks

Vidgms

Old Posted Mar 3, 2008, 12:51 AM
BeenThere,DoneThat

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidgms View Post
Is there someone who has a lot of time on their hands and good 3D imaging skills that I could ask a favor from?

I recently saw a panomramic picture of the London 2012-15 skyline and really like seeing what things will look like.

Is there someone who could do that with the Los Angeles and Denver skylines? It would be much appreciated. I do not have a link at the current time if there are questions but will try and find the image unless someone already has it and wants to put it up.

Thanks

Vidgms
Sooooo......How much is it worth......to you? I can be had for the right price.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2008, 12:57 AM

Well here is what I am offering:

Freedom to kill me in Halo 3 or Hugs...lol

Old Posted Mar 3, 2008, 4:25 AM

Quote:

Thanks

Vidgms
It's definitely asking for a lot from the people who do this sort of stuff, but I agree with you that there is probably plenty of interest to see these sorts of images. We'd all love to peak into the future.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2008, 4:48 AM
Majestic

One of our Calgary forumers, CtrlAltDel, does skyline renderings for Calgary, and also has done some for Vancouver as well. His work eventually got him some work for a local marketing firm and has been featured in the news quite a few times (as well as monthly condo mags).

But here's what I think should really be done for Denver and L.A. Simple get your research down, open paint or another image editing program, and simply start drawing boxes and whatnot. It's crude, sure, but it helps generate interest and if people are bouncing ideas off one another, you will eventually end up with somebody making skyline renderings. It worked for us, at least.

Flickr

Old Posted Mar 3, 2008, 5:28 AM

Thanks Boris, and I agree. It's just takes someone to get the ball rolling, and a simple diagram. I kept doing them over and over and they became better and better.

Vidgms, I'd be happy to put something together for you. Although I'm sure I've seen some future skylines on the forum of both Denver and L.A. kicking around.

By the way, you can see my stuff here: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=127611

Old Posted Mar 3, 2008, 6:18 AM
BANNED

Quote:

Thanks

Vidgms
Talk to Ryan81

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=144735

Old Posted Mar 3, 2008, 8:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
Thanks Boris, and I agree. It's just takes someone to get the ball rolling, and a simple diagram. I kept doing them over and over and they became better and better.

Vidgms, I'd be happy to put something together for you. Although I'm sure I've seen some future skylines on the forum of both Denver and L.A. kicking around.

By the way, you can see my stuff here: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=127611
I was able to find this page, but it only has diagrams with Park Fifth added in (which of course, may never be added to the skyline anyway )

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...future+skyline

Old Posted Mar 5, 2008, 1:52 AM

Just think if I had asked for the future skyline of Dubai! If anyone volunteered to do that would be screwing themseleves hard!LOL.

Thanks for the responses so far.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2008, 6:17 AM

Quote:
Just think if I had asked for the future skyline of Dubai! If anyone volunteered to do that would be screwing themseleves hard!LOL.

Thanks for the responses so far.
That might actually be the one city that I wouldn't care to see a future projection of. It's already so ridiculous as it is that I'm not sure if I can be impressed anymore.

However, Miami and Los Angeles would definitely be interesting to see.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2008, 4:55 AM

^
Indeed; L.A. is about to enter a new era of high-rise construction!

Old Posted Mar 6, 2008, 7:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRCRASH View Post
^
Indeed; L.A. is about to enter a new era of high-rise construction!
not quite sure i'd go that far

Old Posted Mar 6, 2008, 6:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StethJeff View Post
not quite sure i'd go that far
Why not? You know as well as I do that we are geographically trapped. We can't expand further in the Upper Desert towards California City and Barstow due to the Desert Protection Act.

Because of this; if people like our climate enough, then they will have no choice but to be in a dense neighborhood.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2008, 5:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRCRASH View Post
Why not? You know as well as I do that we are geographically trapped. We can't expand further in the Upper Desert towards California City and Barstow due to the Desert Protection Act.

Because of this; if people like our climate enough, then they will have no choice but to be in a dense neighborhood.
^^^ That's very different from saying that we are about to enter a new era of high-rise construction!

Besides, I'm not even sure that your last statement is entirely accurate either.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2008, 3:57 PM

I will do some work on the Denver future skyline. Any good photos for the "current" view would be appreciated. I outlined what I'm looking for here: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...19107&page=286
and I will probably post stuff there once I get on it as well.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2008, 7:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StethJeff View Post
^^^ That's very different from saying that we are about to enter a new era of high-rise construction!
LOL.....where do I begin?

Los Angeles will have more and more demand for upwards growth because there is going to be a point to where people won't want to waste +1 hour driving from places like say, Bakersfield or Indio to L.A.

Why else to people move here for???!!! The fact is that we have better weather than everyone else, in the sense that our variety of isn't extreme other than the occasional hotter-than-normal days. IMHO, California is famous for it's weather!!!!!!

Old Posted Mar 8, 2008, 6:36 AM

HAHA one hour from Indio to LA. ROFLMAO!!! I would be lucky to get one hour from Riverside to Indio.

Whew, you are a funny one!

On a serious note though. I go to college in Riverside and I hate driving to Yucaipa and that is only 30 minutes away on a good day. I would much rather live in a high rise and not have to drive anywhere, just take the Metro wherever I need to go.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2008, 2:04 AM
Architecture/Engineering

I do this for a living. Here is a quick and dirty study of Minneapolis in 2012. Three new towers to fill in the skyline, the biggest of which is a proposed 1000-footer on the TCF Bank site. However, with the commercial market the way it is, I think we'll be waiting a while for that one. (I actually did this image over a year ago before the bottom fell out of the market.) The other two are The Nicollet on the left and the 401 on the right.

Last edited by Avian001; Mar 10, 2008 at 2:22 AM.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2008, 4:17 AM

That looks great! Even though I have never been to Minneapolis I really like it!

The city is a lot bigger than I thought it was.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2008, 12:47 AM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture