HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

View Poll Results: would you be willing to live in a high-rise unit that did not have a balcony?
Yes - balconies are overrated, wasted space 13 7.65%
Yes - balconies are nice, but not neccessary 99 58.24%
No - i need my fresh air and grilled meat 52 30.59%
No - i would never live in a high-rise in the first place 6 3.53%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted Apr 18, 2008, 9:29 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aic4ever View Post
I will tell you, living in Chicago, I can't understand why anybody would care to want one in a high rise.
and i will tell you, living in Chicago, I can't understand why anybody wouldn't care to want one in a high rise.

seriously, i couldn't live 33 floors off the ground if i didn't have my balcony. it would just feel way too claustrophobic to me. psychologically, i need to know that i can go outside any time i want to.

plus, the winds at marina city are rarely strong enough to make it uncomfortable to be outside. even during thunderstorms it's fun to hang out outside and watch the lightning streak across the sky. yes, there is generally a breeze blowing about at 33 floors, but these obnoxiously strong winds that many other posters have talked about just don't seem to exist around marina city for whatever reason. and i don't have any issues with the thermal transfer from the balcony because i'm a polar bear and i keep my thermostat at 55 degrees in the winter anyway.

Last edited by Steely Dan; Apr 18, 2008 at 10:30 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture