HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolmak View Post
Not trying to be rude, but are Toronto forumers so full of themselves/city, that even a thread that strictly says in the title "Outside of the GTA", they can manage to practically turn this thread into "all about Toronto"? For once I dont want to hear about Toronto. JUST for once, please. Its like as soon as someone mentions Vancouver, someone has to say Toronto even louder.
If you actually read the posts it wasn't "all about Toronto". It was about the fact that the name doesn't make any sense. You can't make a "tallest in Canada" thread without the tallest in Canada. It's like saying Hamilton is the biggest city in Ontario (not including Toronto and Ottawa). Or saying "the Leafs are the most successful team in the NHL (other than the habs)". It is just incorrect.

If you want a construction thread without the 10 tallest, you post in the highrise construction thread. If you want the 25 tallest proposals without the 25 tallest proposals, you post in the canadian city proposals thread.

And btw the Toronto posters here are no more full of themselves than the Vancouver posters here. Or Calgary posters here. Or Montreal posters here. Actually, many are very self-deprecating (see isaidso).

Except for Caltrane (see what I did there? )

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 4:43 PM

Toronto is the biggest city in the Americas. (Outside of Sao Paulo, Mexico City, New York City, Lima, Bogota, Rio de Janeiro, Santiago, Los Angeles, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Salvador and Brasilia)

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 5:28 PM
Website Manager

Hey Architect, have you heard of a thing called logic? When you make a statement such as the one you just made, it is actually a valid way of saying something, and is in fact true!

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 5:40 PM
Riki beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
Great pics of CJD II, that's gonna be a nice looking complex
Thanx my friend, i think its turning out pretty good too! With these towers and larger developpements comming soon from the same developper, Ste-Foy is making me proud!

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 8:33 PM
ARTchitecture

Wow, really grasping at straws now eh guys?

and yeah! Ste. Foy really is becoming a dominant skyline in Quebec City

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 8:49 PM
ARTchitecture

Posted in the Canada's 25 tallest proposals thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
Guys, you need to stop posting Toronto stuff in this thread. Other cities are feeling left out.

Wow, doesn't get any more mature than that. Holy christ.

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 8:51 PM

Quote:
Posted in the Canada's 25 tallest proposals thread:

Wow, doesn't get any more mature than that. Holy christ.
You're right, the mature thing to do would be to whine and cry about the fact one city is building more and make a thread with a misleading title.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 9:11 PM

There are many threads that allow inclusion of many cities other then Toronto such as "Construction sites in your city/town, Canadian City Proposals, Canada's Tallest U/C #11 - #30 (inclusive), as well as all the city and regional forums. This thread was made as a bitch-fest, for hate mongering. I have never even lived in toronto, but this kind of small d*#$ syndrome of ganging up on the odd one out makes me SICK. It's time for it to be shut down.

What's next "Everyone but the jews" forum?

If you want in the real top ten build higher, otherwise move on.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 9:23 PM
ARTchitecture

Wow, what are you guys talking about?

No one was whining, crying, bitching or ganging up on anyone. It is all the Toronto forumers coming onto this thread and bitching, whining and crying that we're "hate mongering" them for wanting to be represented in the Canada page.

Take a fucking chill pill you losers. We just want a coherent thread that shows what the rest of Canada is doing.

and incase you haven't noticed, Toronto is still the primary city in Canadian City Proposals and Canada's Tallest U/C #11 - #30... not that you would care. That's just me whining, crying, and having a small dick.

If you don't like this page GET THE F*CK OFF IT

We're supposed to be adults but you losers are acting like 5 year olds that just had their bouncy ball taken away from them! You still have your Toronto threads, some of us like this one, some of us like the other ones. GET OVER IT.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 9:26 PM

^ Speaking of acting like a 5 year old..

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 9:31 PM
ARTchitecture

I chose to sink to your level, actually felt nice.

Maybe I should start spamming your threads with bullshit claims like "Toronto is discriminating against the rest of the country by building so much" haha. Sounds like you guys, eh?

But then I'd get kicked off the site... for acting like you guys... because I don't have 20 000 posts. Danggg, guess I'll just have to grow a pair and act my age.

Maybe you should too?

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 9:40 PM
Look at me!

In other developments, on Montreal's Tour des canadiens site, people were spotted doing soil samples. Construction is still on track.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 9:50 PM
gettin' rich!

They're building that thing on spec?

lol!

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 9:53 PM

No they are not. Sales will not launch until spring 2012 at the earliest, this tower will be lucky to start construction in Calendar 2012.

The soil testing that is being done is a very preliminary step.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 9:58 PM
Look at me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltrane74 View Post
They're building that thing on spec?

lol!
No no. Just soil sample. One small, positive step.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Wow, what are you guys talking about?

No one was whining, crying, bitching or ganging up on anyone. It is all the Toronto forumers coming onto this thread and bitching, whining and crying that we're "hate mongering" them for wanting to be represented in the Canada page.

Take a fucking chill pill you losers. We just want a coherent thread that shows what the rest of Canada is doing.

and incase you haven't noticed, Toronto is still the primary city in Canadian City Proposals and Canada's Tallest U/C #11 - #30... not that you would care. That's just me whining, crying, and having a small dick.

If you don't like this page GET THE F*CK OFF IT

We're supposed to be adults but you losers are acting like 5 year olds that just had their bouncy ball taken away from them! You still have your Toronto threads, some of us like this one, some of us like the other ones. GET OVER IT.
well said,

I too find is rather nauseating hearing about mostly the TO stuff, granted there is alot, I just want to here about other projects around the country that tend to get drowned out. I don't see anything wrong with the title either.

you want to see all top 10 or what ever go to the other thread, if not hang out here. whats so difficult about that.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 11:02 PM

with TO pushing the height to over 230m and up and the rest of the country hovering around 150 - 170 max

maybe we make 2 subcategories to match what they did in the main construction section,

Building Under 200m > Proposals Under 200m
Building Over 200m > Proposals Over 200m

Canada is not building a ton of these buildings, rename the threads and list all the projects accordingly. That would make the most sense to me anyways.

This would eliminate anyone feeling left out etc, maybe it might be civilized.

cheers,

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
If you actually read the posts it wasn't "all about Toronto". It was about the fact that the name doesn't make any sense. You can't make a "tallest in Canada" thread without the tallest in Canada. It's like saying Hamilton is the biggest city in Ontario (not including Toronto and Ottawa). Or saying "the Leafs are the most successful team in the NHL (other than the habs)". It is just incorrect.

If you want a construction thread without the 10 tallest, you post in the highrise construction thread. If you want the 25 tallest proposals without the 25 tallest proposals, you post in the canadian city proposals thread.

And btw the Toronto posters here are no more full of themselves than the Vancouver posters here. Or Calgary posters here. Or Montreal posters here. Actually, many are very self-deprecating (see isaidso).

Except for Caltrane (see what I did there? )
Why does it have to be a big deal? Only a Toronto forumer would make a big deal out of it. Its not that other cities feel left out, if that is even possible, its the fact that if someone were to make a thread saying, "Tallest Mountains in Canada outside of the rockies" would people from BC and AB say "HEY! You can't do that! The tallest mountains are in BC and AB so everything else is obsolete." No. This thread was about what are the tallest U/C outside of Toronto. Because it is interesting to see what is being built outside of Toronto, and that the rest of the forumers, Toronto included, can come and take a peek at what Vancouver or Edmonton or Montreal are building. Is that a crime? To exclude Toronto for once?

Old Posted Nov 23, 2011, 12:01 AM
ARTchitecture

Exactly! Wow, a mature response/opinion for once

Old Posted Nov 23, 2011, 12:34 AM

B.C's tallest mountain

Alberta's tallest mountain

Ontario's tallest mountain.

hehe

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada