HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jul 19, 2018, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverD View Post
New Shannex nursing home to be built on Cliffe across from Willie O'Ree.

Looks very similar to the layout of the south side campus. Will look nice in that area.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2018, 3:59 AM

Just read that Owl Book Store is closing September 30th. Says it’s been open since 92’.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2018, 2:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin6463 View Post
Just read that Owl Book Store is closing September 30th. Says it’s been open since 92’.
http://huddle.today/frederictons-owl...fter-26-years/

Old Posted Jul 23, 2018, 12:39 PM

Heard on the radio this morning that the Ring Road project may start this week. No full closure expected, but there will be lane reductions. Seems like it's extremely likely to run into school year traffic with such a late start.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2018, 1:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tridus View Post
Heard on the radio this morning that the Ring Road project may start this week. No full closure expected, but there will be lane reductions. Seems like it's extremely likely to run into school year traffic with such a late start.
5 weeks, give or take, to the start of the school year; yeah they're going to run into September.

I don't think any school bus routes actually use that intersection, so it shouldn't be that bad in that respect. The bigger problem will be the increased traffic as people come off vacation and get back into their normal routines.

Hopefully the project will be done enough that traffic snarls will be fairly minimal. But if the 12 weeks Route8 took is an indication, we're probably looking at late October to be finished.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2018, 3:40 PM
The Sheriff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
5 weeks, give or take, to the start of the school year; yeah they're going to run into September.

I don't think any school bus routes actually use that intersection, so it shouldn't be that bad in that respect. The bigger problem will be the increased traffic as people come off vacation and get back into their normal routines.

Hopefully the project will be done enough that traffic snarls will be fairly minimal. But if the 12 weeks Route8 took is an indication, we're probably looking at late October to be finished.
Incorrect there is school buses there. Ive seen them on my way to work. I leave at 730 and see them each morning during the school year. I really hope this project runs smoothly

Old Posted Jul 23, 2018, 4:32 PM

Foundation for the new apartment building on Connaught just west of York has been poured.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2018, 4:56 PM

Big foundation poured for the new condo building near Piccaroons as well (on Station Road near the York Arena). I've got pics from last week but can't put links up yet. I'll try to remember to post them when I get home.

*Edit* as I said, here are a couple of pics of the new Condo complex. It's quite large:

Last edited by Taeolas; Jul 24, 2018 at 12:53 AM.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2018, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tridus View Post
PNB was surveying there this afternoon.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 1:36 AM

So the downtown Skateboard park is now looking to be part of the York parking lot.

Details from the council meeting

Quote:
The City of Fredericton has directed staff to consult with the public and stakeholders on a recommended and preferred location for the new All Wheel Sport Plaza, behind the Armories in the York Street Parking Lot.

The site plan proposes an expansion to the York Street parking lot to ensure at least as many parking spots remain in the lot.

I guess since the Playhouse isn't going there now, it opens that area up for other uses.

It's not a bad idea, putting it behind the armory. But they are planning on putting a new street through there too; I hope the traffic levels won't be too dangerous.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 3:58 PM

What new street are you talking about?

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 4:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverD View Post
What new street are you talking about?
Can't find it off hand, but the plans for the area include taking out the Westmoreland cloverleafs and rebuilding Campbell street. It would be another street between Queen and St Annes, basically running behind the current Garrison/Library/Courthouse areas. So it would be between the new Skate park and the current courthouse. (A stub of the street still exists behind City hall at the end of York street)

Most traffic will probably stay on St Annes or Queen, or be coming to/from York to the bridge, so Campbell likely wouldn't see enough traffic in that area to be much of a concern ultimately.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 6:14 PM

Quote:
Can't find it off hand, but the plans for the area include taking out the Westmoreland cloverleafs and rebuilding Campbell street. It would be another street between Queen and St Annes, basically running behind the current Garrison/Library/Courthouse areas. So it would be between the new Skate park and the current courthouse. (A stub of the street still exists behind City hall at the end of York street)

Most traffic will probably stay on St Annes or Queen, or be coming to/from York to the bridge, so Campbell likely wouldn't see enough traffic in that area to be much of a concern ultimately.
Oh I see, I thought you meant as part of this park development.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 9:33 PM

I know that two-way traffic inn Queen Street is coming soon, but I had no idea that there will be two additional northbound left turn lanes added on Regent Street and the southbound left turn lane removed from Regent onto King.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2018, 4:04 AM

Campbell Street is only going to run from York to Westmorland. This park is unaffected.

I also see that the slight expansion of the parking lot pushes it right up to the edge of St Annes Point Drive, in line with the plan to have buildings, sidewalks and parking spaces on it.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2018, 4:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj6286 View Post
I know that two-way traffic inn Queen Street is coming soon, but I had no idea that there will be two additional northbound left turn lanes added on Regent Street and the southbound left turn lane removed from Regent onto King.
This is a slight betrayal of the plan for bike lanes along these sections. For those who can't see it:

Old Posted Jul 25, 2018, 11:35 AM

Odell Avenue is now one way at Wilmont Park, coming towards Smythe. They also changed the parking to be angled: http://www.fredericton.ca/en/roads-p...angled-parking

That was always something of a tight squeeze for two way traffic with cars trying to park frequently during the summer, so this seems pretty sensible.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2018, 9:24 PM

Update on the 2NC/Ring Road Roundabout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Brien said
Two Nations Crossing/Ring Road Roundabout

The provincial Department of Transportation and Infrastructure will commence the work on the Two Nations Crossing/ Ring Road roundabout on Monday July 30th.
The project is expected to take 9 weeks start to finish.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2018, 11:03 AM
The Sheriff

Quote:
Bring it lets get it over with. What are they going to do with all that extra space if we can not turn left on Maple ?

Old Posted Jul 26, 2018, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blazer View Post
Bring it lets get it over with. What are they going to do with all that extra space if we can not turn left on Maple ?
Well if all the complaints don't get them to reconsider the left turn, I could see them using the extra space to add a right turn slipway onto Maple street. There's already a fairly common problem of people driving down the shoulder to turn onto Maple, so they might as well embrace it.

Personally, I wish they would put another circle at Maple and Ring Road as well, but that's not really in the books at the moment it seems. Maybe after the next wave of circles are completed.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces