HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
This is why Atlanta will never be a world class city. I vote we tear down the Fox theater and build a parking deck. Also, parking is a b*tch at Piedmont Park and that one parking deck isn't enough. If we just put a 2,000 space parking deck on the big lawn, there would be plenty of space for everyone to drive in and park for festivals and events.
Wow people take something to extreme when it's so unnecessary. The spaces being built ARE required by LAW! They are also required by construction lenders. Your argument is pointless. The spaces will be needed and will be used by the development not by "others". That is very easy to regulate who uses them and who doesn't. Why is that so hard to grasp? Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's wrong or not urban or poor planning. I serve on several transit and zoning boards and believe it or not while many Atlanta zoning regs need updating this area is not one that will likely change parking regs based on the uses in place and planned around underground. This is a heavy user government node that absolutely requires parking to function and none of the new proposed parking is for public use except for the retail.

We are a nation built on laws and rules and these laws and rules aren't pointless just because you don't agree with them. This area is already a multiuse government node that uses all available parking plus several thousand spaces at Turner Field daily. Which will need to be replaced soon since it is used by workers and the courts around underground daily. I think you need to study actual parking usage of the area before assuming none is needed. The Fox and Piedmont Park have NOTHING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN COMMON WITH UNDERGROUND so why the extreme jump. No one is saying anything about parking their. Base an argument off facts not just emotion if someone has a different opinion than you.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta