HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Closed Thread

Old Posted Dec 11, 2012, 2:59 AM

During the 2004-2005 lockout, I told myself I'd watch Super Size Me.

Tonight, in the midst of another lockout, I've finally gotten around to watching it.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2012, 11:28 PM

That union leader fella has a face you feel like punching through. Crook.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2012, 10:13 PM

Holy! 3 rushing touchdowns for russel wilson... all in the first half! 31-7 Seahawks leading Buffalo, at Skydome or whatever it's called.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2012, 12:35 AM
Go Chiefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
Holy! 3 rushing touchdowns for russel wilson... all in the first half! 31-7 Seahawks leading Buffalo, at Skydome or whatever it's called.
And the Chiefs lose 15-0 against the second or third worst team in the NFL... I'm impressed.

119 total yds against the second worst defense in the NFL... I'm also impressed.

I think even the Als could beat them.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2012, 9:16 PM
BANNED

Games are now cancelled through 'til January 14

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=412031

Old Posted Dec 21, 2012, 10:42 AM

Write this one off! RIP

Quit teasing us, now no earlier than 14 Jan. just call the season now! Total disrespect for the fan. I am ashamed of the greed all the way around. No wonder it cost so much to go to a game and I can only imagine that again the fan will get stiffed if and when this gets going again to foot the inflated bill(s) to make up for lost time and league/player revenue.
The league and the owners are total jerks too. Hope they are enjoying playing hydro for vacant buildings.
2012/2013 is toast. Forget it. Go out and take the family to a Jr A game or AHL.
I was watching a spoof on TV and they set it up like the staving kids in developing countries only it was NHL players going without their huge pay cheques. Relax it was comedy and not meant to offend just look at the fact of the strike.
I do miss going to a tavern andnhavingna pint and watching a hockey game. Basket ball just don't cut it. M
NHL season RIP.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2012, 9:00 PM

Go Oilers go.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2012, 1:18 AM

Back in London, watching the London Knights game on and off tonight. They're poised to win their 22nd game in a row. I can't get excited about minor hockey where I live (Kingston), but you can't help but get excited in London.

The Knights' best seasons seem to be whenever the NHL is on lockout. The Knights won the Memorial Cup last time there was an NHL lockout.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2013, 3:12 PM

That's a shame about the Knights falling short of the record.

So right now two of the Leafs top young players, Gardiner and Kadri, are out indefinitely with concussions, after being poorly handled and played after the hits!

I'm especially angry about Kadri's, fucking worthless goon Zach Stortini running around hitting talented stars in the head. Players like him have ZERO place in this game. He's one of those players where the game would actually be improved if his career was ended. Leave it to the Bulldogs to goon it up and gun after the Marlies best players.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2013, 3:35 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Don't worry, once the NHL drops 4 teams after this lockout (it will take a few years for the bankruptcies to fully work their way through the system), guys like Stortini will not have jobs.

The PA has basically cut its own throat here - firstly, by losing more money in the past half-season than they're gaining back in the new CBA, but mostly because hockey is going to die a slow death in several cities. A lot of player jobs will be gone within 5 years.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2013, 4:58 PM

and..... we're back

This shortened season bodes well for the leafs since they usually start the season strong.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2013, 5:09 PM
Community Guy

Haha. Edmonton the same. This should be interesting.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jan 6, 2013, 6:09 PM

Deep down I am happy that hockey will be back, however this has left a bad taste in my mouth. Bunch of millionaires who supposedly 'play for the love of the game'.

It would be awesome to see empty arenas when the season starts.. but I'm sure everyone will flock back in Hockeyland Canada.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2013, 6:13 PM

Hockey fans aren't going to abandon the NHL. Anybody who objects to supporting spoiled millionaires (or billionaires in the case of the owners) isn't a professional sports fan in the first place.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2013, 6:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister F View Post
Hockey fans aren't going to abandon the NHL. Anybody who objects to supporting spoiled millionaires (or billionaires in the case of the owners) isn't a professional sports fan in the first place.
It's hilarious reading all the comments on CBC.ca, where so many people are vowing to never watch another NHL game on TV, or never go to a game ever again. Some even were saying that they didn't care about the lockout anymore again and again, even though they cared enough to open the article.

Even if 1000 or 2000 people boycott the Leafs, there's going to be no empty arenas. The ACC will keep selling out. Some of the southern U.S. teams will have issues, I think, but not in Canada or the northern U.S.

To counter the boycott movement, I might even make a point of traveling to Ottawa to watch a game at Scotiabank Place, depending on who's visiting the Senators. I haven't been to an NHL game in over five years.

I was in the tiny minority with Don Cherry, who truly believed there would be a deal to save a shortened season.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2013, 8:16 PM
Go Chiefs!

Haha sorry but whoever wins the Stanley Cup (even if it's the Habs by some MIRACULOUS reason) should have an asterisk beside it. A 48 games season is not the same as an 82 games one.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2013, 8:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Haha sorry but whoever wins the Stanley Cup (even if it's the Habs by some MIRACULOUS reason) should have an asterisk beside it. A 48 games season is not the same as an 82 games one.
I don't think so. The regular season in the NHL is generally pointless because so many teams make the playoffs, a shorter season will be a welcome change. Hockey doesn't really get good until the first round anyways and the Stanley Cup champs will still need to win 16 hard fought playoff matches.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2013, 9:09 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by artvandelay View Post
I don't think so. The regular season in the NHL is generally pointless because so many teams make the playoffs, a shorter season will be a welcome change. Hockey doesn't really get good until the first round anyways and the Stanley Cup champs will still need to win 16 hard fought playoff matches.
I agree, and all though I love more games, this is like how it was when I grew up watching hockey, when it was half as many teams. I just hope all these players are in shape. No room for error this time.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2013, 9:12 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeDgE View Post
Deep down I am happy that hockey will be back, however this has left a bad taste in my mouth. Bunch of millionaires who supposedly 'play for the love of the game'.

It would be awesome to see empty arenas when the season starts.. but I'm sure everyone will flock back in Hockeyland Canada.
Wont be an empty arena here in Winnipeg, no one boycotted or even said a bad thing, we all just sat back and relaxed. Plus the fact our arena is sold out for another 4 years solid. I just hope I can score a few tickets this short season, only got one game in last year.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2013, 9:23 PM

Heck, even the Leafs theoretically could win the Cup. They're undefeated right now.

I emphasize theoretically.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada