HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 23, 2017, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biguc View Post
It's not good form to claim people are rejecting your argument and refusing to engage when you reject their language and reduce their arguments to those of a straw man SJW.
The only thing I reduced to that "SJW crap", or intended to, was the insinuation that my perspective and others sharing it stems from thinly veiled white racism.

Like I said in my post, there are many good reasons for this art centre in his post and there were valid points in his argument that I was clearly accepting of.

Then he reduces me with an accusation of racism. That's bullshit. We're on the web and we're anonymous, but attach a name to any of this, put it on twitter and people lose their jobs and get brandished with an attitude that doesn't actually reflect their person. The gravity of the modern application of those accusations are too great for responsible people to label others with them. But you can call me an asshole. Have at it!

Maybe my perspective of the Art centre could be more flexible. Or perhaps I am right for having a cynical response to what can be considered a cyclical process of struggle/political ass-kissing/taxes/success(??). I'm open to changing my perspective with good discussion.

But one does not get to jump up on their white horse and point down accusing "white racism". That's weak and reckless.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan