HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Québec > Montréal

Old Posted Jan 27, 2007, 2:00 AM
MTL♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
I would just like to add that Royal Jordandian Airlines will begin flights this summer on YUL-AMM starting June 1st.

wow are they all coming back slowly? what aircraft does royal Jordanian airlines Use? do L-1011 still fly? lol...how many flights a week? i think alitalia will return one day and so will tap air portugal....Im portuguese and would love to seee it return to Montreal...I know sata flys to portugal in the summer time but i dont know about lisbon

Old Posted Jan 27, 2007, 11:13 PM

Royal Jordanian will fly the Airbus A340 to Montreal this summer.

They haven't exactly been coming back, G.S. MTL. Since International traffic moved back to Trudeau from Mirabel, we lost Austrian Airlines to Vienna, Tarom to Bucharest, Iberia to Madrid, El Al to Tel Aviv, Sabena to Brussels and Aeroflot to Moscow.

All we got back is Lufthansa, which now flies to Munich, Egyptair to Cairo, and as of this summer, Royal Jordanian.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2007, 10:52 AM
Vires acquirit eundo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBoy View Post
ahah, Air Canuckistan.. you made my morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBoy
they should put their newer aircrafts on the longest flight (non stop) and put the current ones on a not so long flight to melbourne with a stop (I went to sydney, and by stopping it's really not as bad as YYZ-NRT)
Considering Montreal to Los Angeles is using A320/319 planes atm, going from that to a 777 would be overkill, that's where the 787 will fit in (mid-way between the two) AND it can fly the Pacific with ease (mid-size, very long range aircraft).

Air Canada are going to wedge a nice little niche when they start flying between LAX and SYD as it's dominated by Qantas atm (a route which returns about 15-20% of Qantas' total profits!), and if they used a smaller aircraft and flew (YUL)-LAX-MEL they'd get a decent opportunity at stealing Qantas' thunder there too (1x direct flight QF flight is more popular than, 1x QF via AKL or via SYD on United).

Old Posted Jan 28, 2007, 3:50 PM
BeachBoy

yeah I fley LAX-SYD and we had to stop for fuel ont he way there (way back they make it without stopping because of winds).

and indeed a direct flight would help AC and hurt quantas

Old Posted Feb 1, 2007, 10:46 PM

Montréal-Trudeau prévoit d'agrandir la jetée Internationale et la jetée Transfrontalière. J'espère que d'autres compagnies deviendront intéresser à notre aéroport. En tout cas, on vera bien...

Old Posted Feb 2, 2007, 2:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey rules! View Post
Montréal-Trudeau prévoit d'agrandir la jetée Internationale et la jetée Transfrontalière. J'espère que d'autres compagnies deviendront intéresser à notre aéroport. En tout cas, on vera bien...
what's your source for the expansion???

Old Posted Feb 2, 2007, 2:37 AM

Quote:
http://admtl.com/information_centre....ndWords&terms=

The construction will start this spring perhaps. I think so.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2007, 2:37 AM

Quote:

The construction will start this spring perhaps.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2007, 2:38 AM

Sorry.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2007, 4:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey rules! View Post

The construction will start this spring perhaps.
the link says:

Initially, ADM is hoping to relocate the row of hangars now situated at the western extremity of the aircraft manoeuvring area in order to facilitate the movement of planes between the transborder jetty and the runways and to make way for the eventual extension of the international and transborder jetties. Work is scheduled to begin next spring.

good news about the eventual expansion of the international and transborder jetties.

but I think when they say the "Work is scheduled to begin next spring" they are talking about the relocation of the row of hangars... they just finished major expansions to the terminal, including the creation of the transborder and international jetties

Old Posted Feb 2, 2007, 4:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-514 View Post
the link says:

Initially, ADM is hoping to relocate the row of hangars now situated at the western extremity of the aircraft manoeuvring area in order to facilitate the movement of planes between the transborder jetty and the runways and to make way for the eventual extension of the international and transborder jetties. Work is scheduled to begin next spring.

good news about the eventual expansion of the international and transborder jetties.

but I think when they say the "Work is scheduled to begin next spring" they are talking about the relocation of the row of hangars... they just finished major expansions to the terminal, including the creation of the transborder and international jetties
Exactly. When they said that work is scheduled to begin in the spring, I think they meant work on the hangar relocation, not the extension of the Jetties. My impression is that they only expand the Transborder and International jetties after 2009.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2007, 2:43 PM
Daddy Likes it Dirty!

How much will they have spent on all the renovations and the expansion???

1- 1.5 billion$???

Just saw a report on T.V on Tuesday night saying that Greater Toronto Airport Authority has spent 6.8 billion$ over the last 6-7 years to renovate and Expand Pearson International. That is just ridiculous!!! The Airport has a massive debt, and Toronto has become one of the top 5 most expensive airports in the World for airlines to land there. It costs 12,000$ per plane to land at Pearson!
Montreal Metro: 3.666 million

Old Posted Feb 2, 2007, 8:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
How much will they have spent on all the renovations and the expansion???

1- 1.5 billion$???

Just saw a report on T.V on Tuesday night saying that Greater Toronto Airport Authority has spent 6.8 billion$ over the last 6-7 years to renovate and Expand Pearson International. That is just ridiculous!!! The Airport has a massive debt, and Toronto has become one of the top 5 most expensive airports in the World for airlines to land there. It costs 12,000$ per plane to land at Pearson!

$740 million, habsfan.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2007, 9:04 PM
Daddy Likes it Dirty!

I thought the number was gonna be higher? Wasn't it supposed to be 900 million$? With the cost overruns i was sure the number would hit 1 billion$!
Montreal Metro: 3.666 million

Old Posted Feb 2, 2007, 9:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
I thought the number was gonna be higher? Wasn't it supposed to be 900 million$? With the cost overruns i was sure the number would hit 1 billion$!
Hmmm haven't heard about any cost overruns. ADM has been doing a very good job when it comes to the expansion.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2007, 8:29 PM

Air Canada réduit sa perte

Air Canada (AC.A) a réduit sa perte d'exploitation du quatrième trimestre, la faisant passer de 91M$ en 2005 à 5M$ en 2006, alors que de son côté, sa maison mère, Gestion ACE Aviation (ACE.A), a réalisé un bénéfice d'exploitation de 73M$ au cours du dernier trimestre de 2006, comparativement à une perte d'exploitation de 34M$ au même trimestre de 2005.

Les revenus d'exploitation du plus important transporteur aérien canadien se sont élevés à 2,42G$ au cours du quatrième trimestre de 2006, comparativement à 2,27G$ un an plus tôt.

Ces résultats ne tiennent pas compte des résultats du transporteur régional Air Canada Jazz qui ont été annoncés mercredi. Toutefois, même si elle ne détient aucune participation dans Jazz, Air Canada est tenue, en vertu des règles comptables, de regrouper les états financiers de Jazz ainsi que ceux de certaines entités de location et sociétés d'avitaillement dans ses états financiers.

Ainsi, sur une base consolidée, c'est-à-dire, en tenant compte des résultats de Jazz, Air Canada a affiché un bénéfice d'exploitation de 29M$ au quatrième trimestre, par rapport à une perte d'exploitation de 57M$ au quatrième trimestre de 2005.

Le bénéfice net n'a pas été divulgué.

Les revenus consolidés se sont élevés à 2,40G$ au quatrième trimestre de 2006, contre 2,26G$ un an plus tôt.

Pour ce qui est des revenus consolidés de Gestion ACE Aviation, ils ont été de 2,54G$ au quatrième trimestre de 2006, comparativement à 2,36G$ un an plus tôt.

Les résultats de Gestion ACE Aviation comprennent ceux d'Air Canada, d'Aéroplan, de Jazz, d'ACTS (Services techniques Air Canada), de même que les Eléments non sectoriels et éliminations (ENSE).
''Les problèmes du monde ne sont pas susceptibles d'être résolus par les sceptiques ou les cyniques dont les horizons sont limités par les réalités évidentes. Nous avons besoin d'hommes qui peuvent rêver de choses qui n'ont jamais existées.'' "Rien ne peut empêcher une rivière d'avancer vers la mer. Rien ne peut empêcher une bonne idée de se réaliser le moment venu".

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Québec > Montréal