HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 8:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
The tallest building will be that much taller than Midtown Spring?
This looks like very old footage, as it look like the Georgia Dome without even the construction of the new stadium was in the background.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 8:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlwarrior View Post
This looks like very old footage, as it look like the Georgia Dome without even the construction of the new stadium was in the background.
This is completely wrong. Icon Midtown is topped out and polished and MB is clearly in the background.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 9:05 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlwarrior View Post
What video did you watch?

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 9:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
From my guess, this looks to be at LEAST 900 FEET...
Notice they do not claim this will be the view from the building- that only say 'views from the site'. I think the drone is much higher than the actual structure will be. Marketing trick

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 9:34 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydawg View Post
Notice they do not claim this will be the view from the building- that only say 'views from the site'. I think the drone is much higher than the actual structure will be. Marketing trick
I just left a comment on the video asking if she could share the building height. Hopefully she replies.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 10:33 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
More information on the renovations to the Campanile Building in Midtown:

Link: http://www.developfultoncounty.com/d...ar_Meeting.pdf
I am curious how you got the meeting minutes because they have not been posted online. Also, it looks they added two additional meetings in December in the last 2 days. Isn't that strange? Of course they don't put the Agenda up before hand. Looks like they are trying to push something through under the radar before year end....

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
I am curious how you got the meeting minutes because they have not been posted online. Also, it looks they added two additional meetings in December in the last 2 days. Isn't that strange? Of course they don't put the Agenda up before hand. Looks like they are trying to push something through under the radar before year end....
Good catch. The two additional meetings in December are highly unusual. It generally takes two meetings to get a project approved. The initial meeting where the inducement resolution is introduced and approved, and a second meeting where the actual contract/deed/bond language is approved. The two December meetings could be to allow a project that needs quick approval to complete both steps in an expedited time frame. I wonder what time sensitive project that could be ..........

To your other point, DAFC is awful about updating meeting information online. The Agendas are NEVER posted until after the meeting - sometimes months after. The meeting minutes are never posted until after the following month's meeting. The minutes from the November 14, 2017, won't be posted until after the December 5, 2017, meeting.

Invest Atlanta, on the other hand, is really good at always posting several days in advance of the meeting.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 11:22 PM

If the meeting occurs on the same day of the month each month, you can generally assume the pdf file names that may have been uploaded and not specifically “shared” on their regular page, yet

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 11:49 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
Good catch. The two additional meetings in December are highly unusual. It generally takes two meetings to get a project approved. The initial meeting where the inducement resolution is introduced and approved, and a second meeting where the actual contract/deed/bond language is approved. The two December meetings could be to allow a project that needs quick approval to complete both steps in an expedited time frame. I wonder what time sensitive project that could be ..........

To your other point, DAFC is awful about updating meeting information online. The Agendas are NEVER posted until after the meeting - sometimes months after. The meeting minutes are never posted until after the following month's meeting. The minutes from the November 14, 2017, won't be posted until after the December 5, 2017, meeting.

Invest Atlanta, on the other hand, is really good at always posting several days in advance of the meeting.
I am 90% sure the December meetings concern 1105 West Peachtree. Considering it is practically under construction, but hasn't had any tax abatement presentations before the DAFC.

just speculation but my buddy is high up at McKesson/Change Healthcare and he heard they are going to consolidate move HQ to Atlanta. Total office space requirement 500K =/- sqft. which would work for 1105 WP.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...nt=firefox-b-1

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 11:57 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
If the meeting occurs on the same day of the month each month, you can generally assume the pdf file names that may have been uploaded and not specifically “shared” on their regular page, yet
O I tried that, but the lazy sons-a-britches hadn't posted it and/or shared it. Are these meetings open to the public?

Old Posted Dec 1, 2017, 7:25 PM

DAFC versus Invest Atlanta

Quote:
O I tried that, but the lazy sons-a-britches hadn't posted it and/or shared it. Are these meetings open to the public?
My guess there is competition between Invest Atlanta and DAFC for projects. Therefore DAFC don't want to show their hand too early when they are competing for the same projects.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2017, 7:49 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlnative73 View Post
My guess there is competition between Invest Atlanta and DAFC for projects. Therefore DAFC don't want to show their hand too early when they are competing for the same projects.
Aren't they on the same team?

Old Posted Dec 1, 2017, 8:29 PM

Quote:
Aren't they on the same team?
You would think so, but unfortunately they don't behave like they are. There has been a feud of sorts between the City of Atlanta (Invest Atlanta) and Fulton County (DAFC) going back several years.

For some background context, read the meeting notes for the April 23, 2013, meeting here:

http://www.developfultoncounty.com/d...rd.Minutes.pdf

Also a good summary from Creative Loafing here:

http://www.creativeloafing.com/news/...ment-authority

From what I understand, this still has not been resolved and the City of Atlanta has threatened to not issue a Certificate of Occupancy to any multifamily housing project that obtains tax incentives through DAFC, unless they meet the City of Atlanta's affordable housing requirements.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2017, 7:04 PM

Drove by the civic center and there is already construction going on

Old Posted Dec 3, 2017, 2:44 AM

The Emerson?

On a separate project, has anyone heard any more news on the JPX Emerson on Peachtree? Did it actually break ground yet?

Old Posted Dec 3, 2017, 6:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNR View Post
On a separate project, has anyone heard any more news on the JPX Emerson on Peachtree? Did it actually break ground yet?
It broke ground in August

Old Posted Dec 3, 2017, 4:11 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's calling View Post
It broke ground in August
That's when they demolished the existing building. However, I drove by last weekend and nothing was happening. The construction fence is up, but no equipment.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2017, 3:13 PM

Mill Creek Modera in Buckhead has a new video. Pretty sleek, although I found it a little funny the skyline view of Atlanta was rendered hazy.

Similarly, I visited Buckhead over the weekend and kept thinking what Atlanta would be like if all the new development around Buckhead Village was walking distance to or occurred in Midtown. The area is a growing urban oasis and I am glad to see it growing, despite wishing it was closer to other neighborhoods.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2017, 4:23 PM
BANNED

Saporta Report: Sale of city-owned Civi Center Land to AHA Raises Serious Questions

I am curious if anyone has read this article and care to share your thoughts if you are in agreement or not and why. The commentary echoed in this article is what I have been saying for some time and often criticized. The sentiment of the article in my opinion is not political, anti-urban or against publicly funded projects for low income individuals or families. It is about making sure our publicly elected officials have checks and balances and ensuring they are making the best decision (fiscally and socially) for the good of the citizens and not for personal gain.

I hope everyone takes 5 minutes to read the article and hopefully becomes more vocal participants here and publicly with regard to how best to fund our future. Most importantly I think everyone is better off when our words come from points of facts and less from opinions.

Quote:
Doing deals with minimal public participation has been the norm of this administration. Think Fort McPherson, Underground Atlanta and Turner Field. The administration will argue that there was public involvement with Turner Field, but that happened only after the deal was cut with Georgia State University, Carter and Oakwood Development.
Quote:
But did it make sense for AHA to spend $31 million of its reserves to buy 19 acres of land owned by another public entity?
Consider an alternative scenario.
The city could have put the property back up for bid with the contingency that at least 30 percent of the units had to be affordable. The city could have sold the property for $31 million, gotten the same percentage of affordable units. And AHA would have kept its $31 million, which it could have used to co-develop affordable housing on the 300 acres of land it currently owns.
Quote:
But early indications do not bode well for Atlanta.
On Tuesday, AHA held a specially-called meeting right after the Mayor’s press conference announcing the sale. It appears that the agenda was posted at 5:52 p.m. the day before. It was not on the site at 4 p.m
A lease with Southface was on the agenda, but apparently no one informed Southface of the specially-called AHA meeting where it was on the agenda.
(SaportaReport has filed a complaint with the state Attorney General on the grounds that AHA did not provide adequate open meetings information).

Old Posted Dec 4, 2017, 5:03 PM

Atlanta is just full of corruption. Makes me want Norwood to win more now.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations