HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 19, 2005, 1:42 AM
BANNED

Kelly Parkway

Old Posted Jun 19, 2005, 1:42 AM
constructor extrodinaire!

nice!

Old Posted Jun 19, 2005, 6:17 PM

Awesome!! We need renderings of San Lorensa Piazza development.
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2005, 6:18 PM

What about the 12 mile Riverwalk development.
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2005, 6:20 PM

Can you move this to the main projects and construction for all to see?

Old Posted Jun 20, 2005, 6:22 AM

I'm D.C this weekend and watched game 5 in Dupont Circle at a sports pub.Everyone was for the SPurs which made the night more excitng for us.I bought to Spurs Flags for my friends truck that have been flying hi here in Maryland and D.C.People just stare, GO SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Posted Jun 20, 2005, 12:31 PM

Spurs are America's team! We represent America better than any other team in my book!

Old Posted Jun 20, 2005, 5:25 PM
JACKinBeantown

Duncan is from The Virgin Isalnds, Ginobili is from Argentina, Parker is from France, Nesterovich is from... where's he from. That's pretty much a melting pot, but is it American? The Spurs certainly are the nicest NBA team, and that's pretty representative of what America once was.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2005, 7:58 AM
BANNED

Rasho is from Slovenia and Beno is also from Slovenia.

Sean Marks (IR) is from New Zealand.

Next year, the Spurs will bring over Luis Scola who is from Argentina and was on the Arg. Olympic team. He was the second best player on that team behind Manu.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2005, 1:14 PM

I don't think they all nessesarily have to all be American to be America's team. They just represent America (and SA for that matter) very well!

Old Posted Jun 21, 2005, 10:14 PM

GO SPURS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Posted Jun 22, 2005, 10:51 PM

it depresses me that another boulevard or highway is something to be happy about.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2005, 1:30 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago3rd
it depresses me that another boulevard or highway is something to be happy about.
Yeah, because everything that freeway/parkway is going to help is meaningless.

Trying to advance Kelly USA with a new freeway is so something to hate.

The fact that area streets around that freeway are going to be updated. Bad thing.

Freeways = bad![/churchlady]

Old Posted Jun 23, 2005, 2:43 PM

Yep!

Old Posted Jun 23, 2005, 5:39 PM
The Space Pope

I suppose it doesn't seem noteworthy Chicago3rd, but I should add that it is extremely frustrating and difficult to get to Kelly USA from the highway. It will be worth it's weight in Gold when it gets built.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2005, 7:32 PM

^^
Wow...Kelly thrived all those years without it. How did the Department of Defense live without this fantastic highway all these years? The money they are wasting here could have been used to make more streets with curbs and sidewalks...even expansion of the River Walk all the way up to San Pedro Park (an old dream of the cities....contect San Pedro Creek with the river walk and have the walk go up to the park) Something that doesn't exist in areas and can be used by the normal citizens of San Antonio.

But instead....a Closed Base that survived without this highway when it was hugely open...now gets some pork?

Old Posted Jun 23, 2005, 10:32 PM

Chill Out

Chill out Chicago3rd!!! You sound frustrated! Air Force do something to you or what???? Oh, and GO SPURS GO!!!!!!!!

Old Posted Jun 24, 2005, 8:28 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago3rd
^^
Wow...Kelly thrived all those years without it. How did the Department of Defense live without this fantastic highway all these years? The money they are wasting here could have been used to make more streets with curbs and sidewalks...even expansion of the River Walk all the way up to San Pedro Park (an old dream of the cities....contect San Pedro Creek with the river walk and have the walk go up to the park) Something that doesn't exist in areas and can be used by the normal citizens of San Antonio.

But instead....a Closed Base that survived without this highway when it was hugely open...now gets some pork?
Um... it thrived without something like Kelly Parkway because many of its workers lived on the base or around it.

Kelly isn't closed now, but open and trying to become a huge inland port.

Also, the Riverwalk is being expanded, 12 miles. Why don't you know that?

Maybe try taking your head from out your...

Old Posted Jun 24, 2005, 2:56 PM

Cool....nice to see you so passionate about asphalt. Good for you.

The vast majority of Kelly employees while it was active were Civilians who lived off base. Did you ever live on a Base? I lived at Randolph. Went to Lackland for the doctors. Sort of have a military connection...lol.

Anyway...there are exciting wonderful projects being done in San Antonio. More positive than negative. So I will focus on those.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2005, 6:05 PM
The Space Pope

Quote:
Um....the same way Austin has thrived all these years without implementing a highway system. It don't make sense but it happens. Even though I agree that there is a desperate need for basic amenities (especially on the Southside), it still won't change the fact that KellyUSA is hard to reach and needs better connections if it is to become a significant manufacturing center. Anytime pork finds it's way to the long-ignored Southside, it's a good thing. If we want to talk about what else the money could be used for....we could go on for days but it wouldn't need to be in this thread.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations