HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Jan 23, 2012, 4:57 PM

Awesome, thanks for the updates. It's about time they started something at the Hotel site...

Old Posted Jan 24, 2012, 6:44 PM

Took a bunch of pictures today around Temple U. Photos uploading now. I will post them when they are done.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2012, 8:21 PM

Temple University Updates.

Pearson/McGonigle Renovations.

According to a Construction worker, this building will be completed in March.

The crane is for the New Residence Hall

Last edited by summersm343; Jan 24, 2012 at 8:43 PM.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2012, 8:29 PM

Temple University Updates.

Architecture Building.

Complete.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2012, 8:33 PM

New PHA houses. Bravo PHA you've finally built something attractive.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2012, 8:37 PM

Paseo Verde Lot is closed. The small structure has been halfway demo'd and gas pumps have been removed from the North West corner.

Couldn't get a good picture of it, but half of the structure still remains.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2012, 8:39 PM

New Parking Garage on Montgomery and 11th with Retail Facing Berks.

Sidewalk all around has been blocked off.

All fences and electric poles have been removed from the lot. There were large mounds of dirt on the lot that have been removed. This was also used as a parking lot and is now closed, even to Temple personnel. A trailer has appeared on the lot.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2012, 8:41 PM

Wanamaker lot. School is completely gone. Prep work is continuing.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2012, 8:43 PM

International Student House.

Complete.

Crane in the shot is for the New Residence Hall

Old Posted Jan 24, 2012, 11:20 PM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Ladies and gentlemen...LEED, now in vinyl!

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Jan 25, 2012, 12:41 AM

The homes are 90% attractive haha. I'd rather have these then the god awful 2 story PHA old and decaying atrocities right next door. Or I'd rather have these then the suburban homes they have sprinkled around the city.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2012, 3:24 PM

Awsome! I was wondering when one of you Temple students would finally get around to showing us some construction Photos. Wow, Temple is exploding! I have half a mind to take the subway up on the weekend just to see it all. Hey summersm, is the new residence hall above ground yet? That one's supposed to be 200+ feet or so right?

Old Posted Jan 25, 2012, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoluble View Post
Awsome! I was wondering when one of you Temple students would finally get around to showing us some construction Photos. Wow, Temple is exploding! I have half a mind to take the subway up on the weekend just to see it all. Hey summersm, is the new residence hall above ground yet? That one's supposed to be 200+ feet or so right?
Yes it is, it is up to the third floor. I posted pics of it on the Thread for it as well. Here ya go. Apparently each floor will be 12ft so it will rise 288 feet. I will ask a construction worker and find out for sure though.

Gateway South Residence Hall (Morgan Hall?) update.

On Third Floor.

From Montgomery and Broad

Crane can be seen from the other side of campus.

Getting closer

Steel for the 8 story L-Shaped extension is starting to rise.

One last crane shot

Check out all the rowhome construction as well. It is quite amazing. There are a least 20-30 new homes going up and it is not even spring yet.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2012, 6:26 PM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
The homes are 90% attractive haha. I'd rather have these then the god awful 2 story PHA old and decaying atrocities right next door. Or I'd rather have these then the suburban homes they have sprinkled around the city.
Well vinyl's not exactly a green building material, which was my main point.

I agree with you with the front. The problem is that it's still much too autocentric to be truly green. (This was likely because of shortsighted regulators/bankers.)

This is also a problem with the MLK and Mantua Hall redevelopments, btw.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Jan 26, 2012, 7:34 PM

More Templetown Construction

New Rowhomes on Carlisle

2015 is new. The other ones have new facades and new interiors.

Diamond Green (Student Housing)

This is on Diamond and 10th Street, right next to the New PHA Development. This is only Phase one, Phase two will demolish the existing buildings on this block and utilize the empty lot as well.

9th street, right across from the Paseo Verde lot. New home on the right, new facade and interior for the home next to it. The two empty lots next to it have been bought by TempleTown Realty. The building next to these empty lots is also currently being revitalized. 6 homes have also been planned for 8th and Norris.

Revitalized building right across from the International Student House with ground floor retail.

New Buildings on 15th

North Broad Living will construct N15 right next to the Temple Nest Apartments on 15th.

This is Temple Nest, for those who haven't seen. Phase one was just completed last year. Phase two is underway.

New Construction next to Elmira Jeffries Residence Hall on 15th

New construction on Sydenham and on 16th

Jefferson St.

More Temple Nest facing Carlisle

Phase 2 Temple Nest facing Carlisle

New Home next to the Modules

Rehabbed homes on Masters

Next Facade/interior and new Home on 15th next to Modules

The Modules (for those who haven't seen). Recently completed. Gorgeous views of Center City from the roof top deck.

New Buildings on Cecil B.

New Home on Montgomery (developer owns the empty lot next to this home as well)

Row of New homes on 16th. Developers also own empty lot next to these homes.

New Sorority house next to ATO is DPhiE, on the corner of Berks and 16th.

Notice the letters in the windows

New Home on 17th

Several More

The hole is for a parking entrance, the parking will be behind the buildings.

An entire row of homes being built on 17th

WTF? What's up with this? This building has always baffled me.

More new rowhomes on 17th and Norris

New playground on Diamond

There are about 30 rowhomes under construction. About 10 more currently planned and ready for construction and dozens of more zoning notices or other proposals for rowhome construction. I am also told that several more apartment complexes like the modules have been proposed.

I'll keep everyone updated on the Temple University situation

Old Posted Jan 26, 2012, 7:55 PM

Have some more Temple University news for any interested. With the completion of the Architecture Building, Pearson/McGonigle close to completion and construction of the New Residence hall well underway, the next plans are a new Science, Education and Research Center for the grass lot in between Gladfelter Hall and the Engineering Building. The building will rise 241 feet, no final renders yet. The building has been approved. It will have a sky bridge connecting it to the science building across the street. The pedestrian overhang in between Anderson and Gladfelter Hall's will be reworked. The completion of this building will lead to the demolition of Barton Hall to make way for a park. The parking lot right behind Gladfelter and the Engineering Building is being considered for a mid-rise building similar to the size of Pearson/McGonigle. The now courtyard unintentionally created in between the New Architecture Building and Tyler Hall will be made into an Art Exhibit Garden/Courtyard. The parking lot of the corner of 12th and Montgomery right next to Tuttleman hall will likely become a highrise and the lot next to the elementary school and behind Weiss hall on 12th and Cecil B will likely become another park. The grass lot in between Klein Hall and the Rock Hall of Music will likely be a highrise/midrise building (maybe an expansion of the music program). The old Honors College on Jefferson and Broad will be redeveloped with a new residential component. This will lead to the demolition of the triangle apartments on the corner of Norris and Broad and the construction of a new residence hall similar in size to Gateway South Residence hall currently under construction (this will have a 5-6 story podium however). The completion of that building will lead to the demolition of Peabody Hall (currently the oldest dorm on campus) and will lead to the construction of a New Residence Hall high rise. A new Library is being developed for Broad on the lot next to Pearson/McGonigle which will liven up that stretch of Polett Walk. Next to it, an administrative office building is still planned (no official height, but willl likely be the tallest on campus) that will replace the volleyball/tennis courts (temple is looking for a location to move the volleyball/tennis courts to). The new library on broad will lead to a re-use, new atrium and new facade for the current library which will be named Paley Hall. New atriums are also planned for the Randal Theater and Klein Hall (also a six story addition to the south side of Klein Hall is also planned). This is also supposed to be completed by 2020.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2012, 6:26 AM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Summer, it's number street, then tree street. 12th and Norris, 16th and Oxford, Broad and Cecil B. Moore, etc. You get the idea.

BTW there's a pretty impressive row of houses being built at 18th and Cecil B. Moore right now. A development of at least two phases. And check out the N 1500 block of Gratz nearby, too. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2012, 7:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersklavier View Post
Summer, it's number street, then tree street. 12th and Norris, 16th and Oxford, Broad and Cecil B. Moore, etc. You get the idea.

BTW there's a pretty impressive row of houses being built at 18th and Cecil B. Moore right now. A development of at least two phases. And check out the N 1500 block of Gratz nearby, too. You'll be pleasantly surprised.
I will check it out. I never venture over that way.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2012, 4:05 PM

The building that confuses you is a PHA scattered site property. It is one of at least 4 built in the area using stimulus funds.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2012, 4:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkway View Post
The building that confuses you is a PHA scattered site property. It is one of at least 4 built in the area using stimulus funds.
Is that the property that they were going to tear down after building it since the neighbors disliked it or some other nonsense?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development