HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Oct 24, 2009, 9:37 AM

must go to ottawa soon!

Old Posted Oct 24, 2009, 9:01 PM
Look at me!

these threads are all great, thanks so much for posting geomorph.

And is it just me or is Ottawa a veritable world class capital city?

Old Posted Oct 25, 2009, 3:49 AM
National Capital Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
waterloowarrior, it seems strange that Ottawa interior shots are rare since there were quite a few delightful ones! My favorite was the Canadian Museum of Civilisation. What's yours?
I liked this shot with the columns especially... and all the shots of the war museum interior too

Old Posted Oct 25, 2009, 6:03 AM

Very cool shots of Ottowa. Provides a good sense of Canada's capital city.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2009, 3:37 AM
mañana is my busiest day

Excellent work.... I was in Ottawa this summer for 1 week touring around; that city is widely underrated.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2009, 4:32 AM
Pittsburgh rocks!!

I have not been there since 2002.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2009, 4:49 PM
Pittsburgh rocks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Rommheim View Post
these threads are all great, thanks so much for posting geomorph.

And is it just me or is Ottawa a veritable world class capital city?
If you like medium sized large metro areas, yes. But if you like the big boys like Toronto than it probably wouldn't be your type of city. But just on strict terms regardless of metro area size it would be world class IMO. Canada is a top world class country as a whole. I would live in Ottawa or Toronto, but I live here in the states. Getting citizenship would probably be tough. It try to go up there as much as possible though and watch CBC local and National News. American news sucks and is all for profit and mostly right-wing or opinion based. They love to show violence, conflict, and dramatize things of no significance to get their ratings up. Hardly any positive things on our news here. It's not real journalism anymore. CNN is probably the best overall in the US. I like the Toronto Star, Ottawa Citizen and the Globe and Mail in Canada. In the US I like the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the New York Times and a few others. I don't have the time or energy to keep up and read like I did before though. This forum is great for the info I am looking for.

Ottawa is a wonderful, safe, vibrant, and growing city with many amentities. It's multicultural, has nice neighborhoods and is bilingual (French and English). There area a lot of Francophones within the city but Anglophones still dominate. Right across the river in Gatineau, Quebec and the rest of Quebec is mostly Francophone. But Ottawa was in right in the middle of the transition zone language wise and that's why the city was chosen to be the Capital of Canada/ Parliment Hill.

I want to see the Canada Day Fireworks in Ottawa. I saw the ones in Montreal in 2002. It was amazing. Ottawa is next

Old Posted Oct 28, 2009, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelingman04 View Post
If you like medium sized large metro areas, yes. But if you like the big boys like Toronto than it probably wouldn't be your type of city. But just on strict terms regardless of metro area size it would be world class IMO. Canada is a top world class country as a whole. I would live in Ottawa or Toronto, but I live here in the states. Getting citizenship would probably be tough. It try to go up there as much as possible though and watch CBC local and National News. American news sucks and is all for profit and mostly right-wing or opinion based. They love to show violence, conflict, and dramatize things of no significance to get their ratings up. Hardly any positive things on our news here. It's not real journalism anymore. CNN is probably the best overall in the US. I like the Toronto Star, Ottawa Citizen and the Globe and Mail in Canada. In the US I like the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the New York Times and a few others. I don't have the time or energy to keep up and read like I did before though. This forum is great for the info I am looking for.

Ottawa is a wonderful, safe, vibrant, and growing city with many amentities. It's multicultural, has nice neighborhoods and is bilingual (French and English). There area a lot of Francophones within the city but Anglophones still dominate. Right across the river in Gatineau, Quebec and the rest of Quebec is mostly Francophone. But Ottawa was in right in the middle of the transition zone language wise and that's why the city was chosen to be the Capital of Canada/ Parliment Hill.

I want to see the Canada Day Fireworks in Ottawa. I saw the ones in Montreal in 2002. It was amazing. Ottawa is next
Ottawa is a nice city. It does not feel like a big city, but has first rate amenities, vibrancy and great public spaces. In terms of urban design, they do a lot of things right and there is very little to complain about in the central part of the city. It's a huge tourist destination and the National Capital Commission pulls out all the stops to make the city attractive and livable.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2009, 4:08 PM
West Mobile

Great shots

Old Posted Nov 3, 2009, 3:42 PM
Scottish Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
Brandon, yes get up there soon before it gets cold!
I would argue that Ottawa is best viewed in the winter, or autumn.

Great pics!

Old Posted Nov 7, 2009, 11:51 PM

Thanks for all the compliments!

Old Posted Jul 1, 2011, 12:32 AM

Just thought I would bump this thread so that royal watchers can see where the famous couple is visiting right now...

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos