HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Feb 28, 2017, 3:08 AM

809 Dundas St.

Paramount Developments announced a multi-tower plan for 809 Dundas St. today. They really didn't provide many details beyond it being about 600 units.

http://www.lfpress.com/2017/02/27/de...n-for-old-east

Old Posted Feb 28, 2017, 11:43 AM

Alot of un-answered questions.

Like Rygar are they announcing proposals without owning the land?
Some of the land is owned by Western Fair and is now parking I believe. Do they plan on buying that land from Western Fair?
Highly doubt this will start within the next couple of years.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2017, 1:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer139 View Post
Alot of un-answered questions.

Like Rygar are they announcing proposals without owning the land?
Some of the land is owned by Western Fair and is now parking I believe. Do they plan on buying that land from Western Fair?
Highly doubt this will start within the next couple of years.
I think they own Dundas facing land and the western fair has parking lots facing king st. The lots back on to each other. Unless I misread something I don't see it saying they don't own the Dundas facing land. Looks like we will get a lot of questions answered after the public meeting and when they talk to the western fair.... but we really do need to get some shovels in the ground. So many proposals with so few cranes in the air.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2017, 5:01 PM

I think the 809 Dundas property might go all the way down to Rectory Street. That's a good size property. It's quite common that developers see what they can build before they actually buy a property. If they don't' own the property , its probably "under contract"

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 12:16 PM

809 Dundas Paramount Developments

Just some clarification on some of the questions asked on the posts. The property at 809 Dundas St., is owned by the developer. The property acquisition closed in October 2016. The land goes as far back as the mutual laneway which dissects the Paramount lands from the Western Fair parking lots on King St. The size of the structure being considered is in development and the property can easily accommodate what is being requested. Architects renderings will be unveiled to the public at the March 23rd community consultation.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Caranci View Post
Just some clarification on some of the questions asked on the posts. The property at 809 Dundas St., is owned by the developer. The property acquisition closed in October 2016. The land goes as far back as the mutual laneway which dissects the Paramount lands from the Western Fair parking lots on King St. The size of the structure being considered is in development and the property can easily accommodate what is being requested. Architects renderings will be unveiled to the public at the March 23rd community consultation.
Awesome great proposal. can't wait to see the renderings!

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 3:30 PM

Hey I want to see shovels in the ground for these projects too, but history tells us that only so many of these projects will go through and be built. Its business and some of the proposals are to acquire land, get some approvals from city and then wait until the timing is right for the developers. It could be a lot worse - there are lots of cities that would love to have the proposals we are seeing.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTallNorth2 View Post
Hey I want to see shovels in the ground for these projects too, but history tells us that only so many of these projects will go through and be built. Its business and some of the proposals are to acquire land, get some approvals from city and then wait until the timing is right for the developers. It could be a lot worse - there are lots of cities that would love to have the proposals we are seeing.
All developers have to make plans and want to get to their intended goal. It is expensive to plan for this type of development and the developer is in the process of doing that. A sizable investment goes into the planning process also and no developer wants to see that investment go for naught. The end game for Paramount is to come up with a first class development and then proceed from there with the building. Having said that, getting shovels in the ground takes time but Paramount is committed to the site and it's development.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 4:19 PM
User Registered

Is this the real Roger Caranci?

Knowledge with this development checks out.

If so, welcome to the forum!

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljackey View Post
Is this the real Roger Caranci?

Knowledge with this development checks out.

If so, welcome to the forum!
It's me. The real deal.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 9:56 PM
Sanity merchant

Still don't buy it... Proof? I once heard from someone claiming to be Ed Sheeran, but it was just another red headed guy.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 11:38 PM

Look forward to seeing the plans for this on 23rd. It is a good sign if they carry thru and build it. Given Medallion is now up to the 10th floor on their third tower a couple of blocks away the transformation of this neighbourhood could really take off.

There are 3 other lots that are great opportunities for projects. All on the north side of Dundas.

1. Dundas and English - already cleared and had a proposal fall thru for a 10s building
2. Dundas and Quebec - old 7-eleven store corner - has enough land for a nice project
3. 920 Dundas - old strip club - has enough land for a project

Together with this 809 Dundas proposal we could see a rejuvenation of this area.

Hopefully City Hall does not stand in the way or the BRT plans. Some nice 20s plus towers would be great to see.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2017, 1:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer139 View Post
Look forward to seeing the plans for this on 23rd. It is a good sign if they carry thru and build it. Given Medallion is now up to the 10th floor on their third tower a couple of blocks away the transformation of this neighbourhood could really take off.

There are 3 other lots that are great opportunities for projects. All on the north side of Dundas.

1. Dundas and English - already cleared and had a proposal fall thru for a 10s building
2. Dundas and Quebec - old 7-eleven store corner - has enough land for a nice project
3. 920 Dundas - old strip club - has enough land for a project

Together with this 809 Dundas proposal we could see a rejuvenation of this area.

Hopefully City Hall does not stand in the way or the BRT plans. Some nice 20s plus towers would be great to see.
We'd be thrilled to see those in favour of this project come out to the public meeting with the neighbourhood and lend their support. We are even encouraging those who may have issues so we can address their concerns at the public meeting.

We have incorporated the land dedication required for the BRT if indeed it goes forward. We can easily adjust if changes are made and it should not be a significant impact if BRT does pass by the front doors. Having said that, the BRT proposal will be getting a very rough ride shortly due to problems coming forth regarding Richmond Row.

The other sites mentioned are good but their are some issues and I believe something to do with easements regarding the Dundas - English site. Sites on the north side of Dundas may have to deal with shading of residential properties if they are looking for height. It may be more difficult to get height on that side since it may have adverse effects on the homes just behind the potential build sites.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2017, 1:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K85 View Post
Still don't buy it... Proof? I once heard from someone claiming to be Ed Sheeran, but it was just another red headed guy.
Okay, how about this... I don't have red hair.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2017, 11:36 PM
Sanity merchant

Well, my name is Joe F. Wait, that's to obvious, it's J. Fontana.

Sadly, as I am a skeptic, until I see something of a photo, or https://twitter.com/rcaranci something there, you're Chris who lives in Glen Cairn or something.

Quote:
Okay, how about this... I don't have red hair.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2017, 6:15 PM

Quote:

Sadly, as I am a skeptic, until I see something of a photo, or https://twitter.com/rcaranci something there, you're Chris who lives in Glen Cairn or something.
What is this a reddit AMA need to post a picture haha jk.

If the plans are released on the 23rd it would seem fairly certain this is in fact Roger Caranci, he seems to have a lot more information on the property than we do so if nothing more has inside information.

Why so skeptical?

Old Posted Mar 3, 2017, 6:20 PM

Roger is a pretty approachable guy. Had a good back and forth with him over text when he was in the mayoral race. It doesn't surprise me that he'd sign up here and answer questions, etc. Just kinda reminds me of what he's all about.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2017, 8:54 PM

Quote:

Check out my twitter account. By the way, why doesn't anybody use their real names? Nothing to be ashamed of folks.

I have been on this site many times over the years. Always loved architecture and tall buildings and always found this site had good info. I'm happy to be a part of it now.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2017, 3:17 AM
bro

Smile

Quote:
By the way, why doesn't anybody use their real names? Nothing to be ashamed of folks.
bolognium is my real name

Old Posted Mar 4, 2017, 3:35 AM
Sanity merchant

The internet has taught me to not trust people. Look at this!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpPvGP_GUXs

But anyways, just random that he'd be here... but, welcome regardless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSlippery519 View Post
Why so skeptical?
EDIT - Also, fantastic twitter post. I approve of this message. You'll like this forum, lots of well informed people, lots of well informed opinions. I had a chance to talk to a city worker about this forum, as we all seem to have pretty reasonable and logical ideas. How far that went, who knows.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates