HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Sep 22, 2013, 10:15 PM

wow, it's been a minute since a thrashatl post here...

Old Posted Sep 23, 2013, 2:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlwarrior View Post
Does anyone know the Lufthansa's Atlanta to Frankfurt load factor numbers. Would A380 be feasible and profitable for Lufthansa to use.
I would love to know too atlwarrior, but these figures are proprietary and extremely hard to find and verify.

We need true insiders for these type of things, and unfortunately they could totally be jeopardizing their jobs in divulging this kind of info.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2013, 2:40 AM

The US/AA merger fiasco is the tip of the iceberg in the whole industry. I see some big changes with possibly positive effects on ATL.

Another interesting development is that the Japanese Government has awarded only half the new day-time slots into Tokyo-Haneda for next year, when the expansion of the new international terminal is complete. We may very well see a daytime ATL-HND flight sooner than we think.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/5788372/

Old Posted Sep 25, 2013, 10:05 PM

The A388 is back on the schedule for Friday the 27th... I think it's what, 3x a week or 4... but now permanent on the schedule. Should be a good traffic builder for the southeast to Korea with all the Kia/Hyundai investment in Georgia.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2013, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail Claimore View Post
The US/AA merger fiasco is the tip of the iceberg in the whole industry. I see some big changes with possibly positive effects on ATL.

Another interesting development is that the Japanese Government has awarded only half the new day-time slots into Tokyo-Haneda for next year, when the expansion of the new international terminal is complete. We may very well see a daytime ATL-HND flight sooner than we think.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/5788372/
Can you elaborate about the possible positive Atlanta changes from US/AA hookup. How you figure ATL-HND in the attached link, I saw no awards given to United States.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2013, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashATL View Post
The A388 is back on the schedule for Friday the 27th... I think it's what, 3x a week or 4... but now permanent on the schedule. Should be a good traffic builder for the southeast to Korea with all the Kia/Hyundai investment in Georgia.
Boy that's good news.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2013, 5:25 AM

IHOP Express open today

Hi All,

This is first-ever new IHOP Express is opening on this Tuesday. This is where IHOP Express is right outside security checkpoint in the domestic terminal.

http://www.atlanta-airport.com/Airpo...le.aspx?id=904

Welcome to Atlanta-Jackson International Airport. Hope you will like it a lots.

Enjoy the IHOP.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2013, 7:07 AM

if we could only get a damned denny's in atlanta!! apparently they have some kind of agreement with IHOP where they don't encroach on each other's territory. that's the only explanation i can come up with for why we have IHOP out the wazoo and we've only got a single (very crappy) denny's in the metro area.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2013, 2:59 PM

^There used to be one at Buford Hwy & Corporate Square Blvd., just north of North Druid Hills for years. It was usually packed.

I wish we had Perkins here - I love that place.

http://www.perkinsrestaurants.com/company

Old Posted Nov 4, 2013, 4:19 AM

Can anyone shed some light on plans for 2014 to add more European flights from Atlanta? Delta has severely cut back on flights to several second-tier cities, and once again I was told this evening by a visitor that it takes longer and longer to get to Atlanta. For my part I love NY but I refuse to connect through JFK because of the baggage re-check. It's easier and usually cheaper to use Paris or Frankfurt to get to Prague on Delta for example rather than JFK, but I really miss the summer season Atlanta-Prague nonstop they used to have. Also, they eliminated Atlanta-Hamburg and Atlanta-Milan, among others I'm sure. I really don't understand as it's more convenient for travelers from most of US to connect through Atlanta than JFK. I realize they are trying trying to build the NY market. Do any of you guys have the inside on Delta's plans to add any Europe flights from here?

Old Posted Nov 4, 2013, 7:03 PM

Looks like the A380 service is doing well, for the first time ever, the schedule shows it in service to ATL 7 days straight.

Last edited by ThrashATL; Nov 5, 2013 at 12:15 AM.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2013, 7:55 AM

13. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (51 percent): The world’s busiest airport remains in last place for the third year. Just 53 of its 103 eateries offer travelers health-promoting options. Fresh Healthy Café may be travelers best bet with fresh kale wraps, dairy- and gluten-free salads, mega berry smoothies, and spiced apple oatmeal bowls. Atlanta travelers can sample cauliflower and parsnip soup, edamame, and garden mint sushi at One Flew South or stop by D8 Grill for a black bean burger. Checkpoint Grill offers fire-roasted tomato soup and a grilled Southern vegetable plate, overflowing with grilled asparagus, collard greens, and a side of sweet potato fries.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2013, 5:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
Can anyone shed some light on plans for 2014 to add more European flights from Atlanta?
Yes, probably Delta will have more nonstop from ATL to BSL, GVA, LIS, FAO, VIE, PRG, NCE, NAP, PSA, GLA, BHX, OSL, GOT, and etc.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2014, 6:31 PM

Southwest adding international flights out of Atlanta

Quote:
Southwest Airlines Co. will launch its first international flights in July, and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport will be a part of the push.
Starting July 1, Southwest Airlines will operate daily, nonstop flights between Atlanta and Aruba, and Montego Bay; Baltimore/Washington D.C. and Aruba, Nassau, and (twice daily) Montego Bay; and Orlando and (Saturday only) Aruba and Montego Bay.
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...l-flights.html

Old Posted Jan 28, 2014, 2:24 AM

Sorry if I am reposting something that has already been noted.

This does sound like a good project.

And what's the Hyatt hotel in Brookhaven they are talking about?

Quote:
A new 200-room hotel is adding fuel to Atlanta’s Aerotropolis.
Atlanta-based Grove Street Partners could break ground this summer on a full-service Marriott Renaissance at its Gateway Center mixed-use project in College Park, according to real estate sources.

More...Airport hotel set for takeoff

Old Posted Jan 30, 2014, 6:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Sorry if I am reposting something that has already been noted.

This does sound like a good project.

And what's the Hyatt hotel in Brookhaven they are talking about?
arjay57, I couldn't check out the article (it's behind the paywall), but I'm assuming the Hyatt in Brookhaven is probably the new Hyatt House nearing completion adjacent to Villa Christina at Perimeter Summit.

It seems strange to me that Brookhaven actually takes in both sides of Ashford-Dunwoody up to the Perimeter.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2014, 4:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaguy View Post
arjay57, I couldn't check out the article (it's behind the paywall), but I'm assuming the Hyatt in Brookhaven is probably the new Hyatt House nearing completion adjacent to Villa Christina at Perimeter Summit.

It seems strange to me that Brookhaven actually takes in both sides of Ashford-Dunwoody up to the Perimeter.
Oh, I bet that's right. Still hard to think of that as Brookhaven!

Here's a quote giving the gist of the ABC article on the new airport hotel:
A new 200-room hotel is adding fuel to Atlanta’s Aerotropolis.

Atlanta-based Grove Street Partners could break ground this summer on a full-service Marriott Renaissance at its Gateway Center mixed-use project in College Park, according to real estate sources.

The $40 million to $60 million development next to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport would be another significant investment for Atlanta’s Southside, along with the new headquarters for Porsche Cars North America and the International Terminal at the airport.

The project’s success is largely due to its [Gateway Center] location.

Planned to be more than 1 million square feet, Gateway Center is the first stop on the ATL SkyTrain, an elevated railway that connects to the airport.

It’s also within walking distance to the state’s second-largest convention center, the Georgia International Convention Center.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2014, 11:31 PM

Delta Flight Museum

Reopening Summer 2014
Video Link

Old Posted Mar 6, 2014, 1:59 PM

Looking forward to this. I have been to their current display and it is very interesting and this makes it even better.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2014, 1:57 PM

I rode by the airport today, and I saw alot of construction going on new lanes and etc.
Do anyone know what's going on?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta