HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 22, 2010, 12:57 AM

This is about the BLVD Place development. It appears that the Ritz Carlton hotel has resurfaced again and is back in the plans. Wulfe Co. has a new PDF with a couple of new renderings on it. As well as a new interactive map. It says that the Ritz (hotel/condo tower) should be completed by 2014 and the Hanover condo tower should be completed by 2013. The Whole Foods will be done in two years.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2010, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolitherland View Post
They never seem to have the lighting on when Im down there, its so awesome though. I hope its on everynight form now on.
I think it will be. The reason it suddenly turned on recently is because the building is now officially open.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2010, 6:39 PM

which building is that?

Old Posted Jul 24, 2010, 7:15 PM

The Outpatient Care Center at Methodist Hospital. With the spires, it becomes the tallest building in The Texas Medical Center at 525 feet.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2010, 7:30 PM
Borneo Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
The Outpatient Care Center at Methodist Hospital. With the spires, it becomes the tallest building in The Texas Medical Center at 525 feet.
When will this building show up in the SSP & Emporis databases with this height?

Old Posted Aug 10, 2010, 4:52 AM

M Fifty Nine

Quote:
Midway is also developing M Fifty Nine (rendered above), a Class A office building in the Museum District. It’ll be 13 floors with 74k SF of office space and 7k SF of ground-level retail. Once construction starts in 1Q11, look for it at the intersection of Montrose and 59 — it'll be easy to spot off the highway. The property is designed by Munoz Albin and will have great views of downtown; a GC hasn't been selected. Midway is working with Stream on preleasing and is ramping up the possibility of building another hotel in the Med Center
http://www.bisnow.com/houston_commer...ory.php?p=9684

Old Posted Aug 12, 2010, 5:15 AM
Endless Moments...

I like it.

Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2010, 4:34 AM

I believe it will be located at the the north side of Montrose and 59 intersection.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2010, 9:44 PM

i'm trying to run though my head a visual of the area..........I can't recall anything that would allow that much open space for this to be built........

.......guess I need to go take a drive

Old Posted Aug 17, 2010, 6:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALMSP View Post
i'm trying to run though my head a visual of the area..........I can't recall anything that would allow that much open space for this to be built........

.......guess I need to go take a drive
It will probably be behind the sound wall along 59 on one of the sides street off of Montrose. There's an empty lot near Montrose @59 on the NE side on google maps but it certainly could have been built on since then.

I like the location and the building, it looks more modern compared to the mid rises in the vicinity.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolitherland View Post
No, the Woodlands is about 25 minutes north west of downtown. All it was 10 years ago was a non distinct urban sprawl wasteland. Now, they are trying to turn it into an urban oasis in the sprawl and its turning out quite nicely, albeit, its really really expensive to live there.
Actually the Woodlands has some pretty affordable places to live..not alot but it has it's decent "cheap" places to live..and btw might I add I think it's one of the best looking burbs I visit to in Houston(or in Texas for that matter) It's like a city in the forest or like a more "urban" city in Deep East Texas without the hills and red dirt

Old Posted Aug 29, 2010, 4:19 PM

The problem is Montgomery County is expected to top 1 million people in the next 20 years or so and with that said, I wonder if The Woodlands will lose the reclusive, quite, city in the woods feel. Already The Woodlands is quite urbanized and becoming more so by the day. The Woodlands population is close to topping 100,000. The trees are falling every day (not to mention the thousands and thousands we lost during Hurricane Ike).

Old Posted Aug 31, 2010, 3:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherguru18 View Post
The problem is Montgomery County is expected to top 1 million people in the next 20 years or so and with that said, I wonder if The Woodlands will lose the reclusive, quite, city in the woods feel. Already The Woodlands is quite urbanized and becoming more so by the day. The Woodlands population is close to topping 100,000. The trees are falling every day (not to mention the thousands and thousands we lost during Hurricane Ike).
That certainly is a problem. The Woodlands, I believe, is the main economic center of the county. I hope The Woodlands continues to focus on it's "town center" and continue to add office space, not just residential and retail.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2010, 2:00 AM

Americas Plaza

Quote:
Now Alan is master planning 10 acres in the East End in a project called Americas Plaza.

Alan is also redeveloping Two Americas Plaza, a 29k SF former warehouse, into retail space. Shell conversion and infrastructure work is mostly done, and Canal Street Gallery, Trentino Gelato, and Mallie's Bakery occupy the building, but 25k SF is still available. He thinks this project is particularly important because 900 new residents have moved into the two-block area in recent years, but no new retail has been built to keep up. Alan handled the “recycling” first—the rest of the master plan is primarily residential space and will be new construction on vacant land. There will also be a park with underground parking and a mini amphitheater oriented toward the downtown skyline. Alan is open to selling land or partnering with developers to build apartments consistent with his master plan.

Alan says his development is a slow, incremental process, but one crucial to making sure the amenities keep up with the increase in density.
http://www.bisnow.com/houston_commer...ry.php?p=10019

Old Posted Sep 19, 2010, 8:44 PM

Skanska Office tower planned at 3009 Post Oak has grown from 14 floors to 19 floors.

(Rendering may change)

Quote:
Houston, T.X. – Skanska USA’s Commercial Development business unit today announced that it has acquired the site at 3009 Post Oak Boulevard in Houston for a planned Class A office building that will be 100 percent self-financed.

3009 Post Oak Blvd, located in the Uptown/Galleria submarket of Houston, is situated on 2.3 acres of land and will consist of an office building above the garage totaling 19 floors and 300,000 square feet of rentable office space. The new office building will feature a facade consisting of all glass curtainwall with floor plates that maximize efficiency. In addition, there will be an expansive double height ground floor lobby fronting Post Oak Boulevard adjacent to a circular autocourt. The building will also provide panoramic views of the Central Business District, Texas Medical Center and Greenway Plaza to the east with unobstructed views of the adjacent landmark Gerald D. Hines Water Wall Park directly to the west.

Construction work is scheduled to commence in early 2011 and the building is expected to be completed in 2012.
Link

Old Posted Sep 19, 2010, 11:52 PM

I like it.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2010, 11:34 PM

New 28 Story Tower Planned; sister tower later.

Quote:
Finger Cos. prez Marvy Finger tells us he’s looking at a 2011 multifamily groundbreaking on the site of the Whole Foods he’s developing at Waugh and W. Dallas. He bought the land from AIG three years ago and is vacillating on the design. He originally planned a traditional six-story, 420-unit project with courtyards. Now he’s doing preliminary drawings on a 28-story tower with the same finishes as his Museum Tower and One Park Place, but smaller units (1.1k SF compared to 1.6k and 1.4k, respectively).

In the image above, the multifamily project would sit on the green space along W. Dallas. The perks of a taller building: It’d be more attractive to young professionals, and Marvy says he’s found people feel safer in taller buildings. The high-rise, which would have 300 units, would also leave room to develop a sister tower on the site later.
http://www.bisnow.com/houston_commer...ry.php?p=10181

Old Posted Sep 21, 2010, 5:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ()_T View Post
New 28 Story Tower Planned; sister tower later.

http://www.bisnow.com/houston_commer...ry.php?p=10181
Good news. I'm not sure if I'd prefer the high rise or mid rise. Finger's last few high rises (the one's mentioned) add nothing but height to the skyline. But maybe you get two high rises... Well here's his latest two developments:

Museum Tower

and
One Park Place

Old Posted Sep 21, 2010, 5:35 PM

WOW!

So basically with this 28-story tower, the "Ritz" highrise and the condo tower in uptown, the 40-story condo tower in the med center, 3100 Post Oak, 3900 Post Oak, Renaissance at Greenspoint, and the Regent Square Tower, we have the possibility to add 8 towers to the skyline in the next few years! Incredible.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2010, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherguru18 View Post
WOW!

So basically with this 28-story tower, the "Ritz" highrise and the condo tower in uptown, the 40-story condo tower in the med center, 3100 Post Oak, 3900 Post Oak, Renaissance at Greenspoint, and the Regent Square Tower, we have the possibility to add 8 towers to the skyline in the next few years! Incredible.
Um.. I haven't heard any news on some of those, like the 40 story tower in the Medical Center. I doubt that that will get underway within the next few years. Am I missing something?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations