HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
y-shape (or x-shape) hotel .. being that mirage was the first
The International (now Hilton) was the first triform mega resort with three wings, then came MGM Grand (now Bally's), and then MGM Grand Reno (now Grand Sierra Resort). So Mirage was probably the fourth triform mega resort.

Last edited by mdiederi; Apr 14, 2007 at 12:55 AM.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 1:21 AM

beside the point

Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 12:54 PM

North Strip

The N Strip will be great in the next 2-5 years. Trump will rock it and they will come. Harmon is played out. You need to be a visionary and think smart before everyone rushes in.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazfingr View Post
The center segment of the tower will have long, divided balconies on all floors.
Is that the condo part of the tower? Usually hotel rooms in Vegas don't have balconies. The version in the LVT renderings didn't show that detail.

Last edited by mdiederi; Apr 14, 2007 at 2:37 PM.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 8:25 PM

FONT STEEL!

Last edited by mdiederi; Apr 14, 2007 at 9:55 PM.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 8:32 PM

Quote:
i spell fontaine bleaue different each time....ha

btw i have a question / long finding.... the mirage (which had a death by an elevator woker today - a man fell 5 floors down a shoot today doin maintance)

but anyway the mirage is either accidently designed with an elevator shaft or fire stairs after the final design.....on the back side of the right wing (when looking at the fornt) has some shaft going form bottom to top inturupting the design. im assuming this is a fire escape - its quite wide, but definitly an onomily in the design. NO OTHER y-shape (or x-shape) hotel has this. so, being that mirage was the first, did they forget to add these fire stares or elevators?

(you wouldnt beleive how hard it was to find a picture of this)

yea because designers and clark county code officials often let things get built that leave out important things in like exit stairs... not very familiar with the mirage plan but its probably a set of elevators for suites or higher end rooms?

Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 9:15 PM

Quote:
i spell fontaine bleaue different each time....ha

btw i have a question / long finding.... the mirage (which had a death by an elevator woker today - a man fell 5 floors down a shoot today doin maintance)

but anyway the mirage is either accidently designed with an elevator shaft or fire stairs after the final design.....on the back side of the right wing (when looking at the fornt) has some shaft going form bottom to top inturupting the design. im assuming this is a fire escape - its quite wide, but definitly an onomily in the design. NO OTHER y-shape (or x-shape) hotel has this. so, being that mirage was the first, did they forget to add these fire stares or elevators?

(you wouldnt beleive how hard it was to find a picture of this)

I assume that is for the elevators, since the hotel lobby is right underneath there. And please give ScottG a break on his spelling. If he can't spell worker, chute, doing, maintenance, front, from, interrupting, definitely, anomaly, stairs, or believe, then you can't expect him to spell fontainebleau correctly. j/k

Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 9:44 PM

you forgot: from, interrupting, i'm.

Then again I am just about as bad.

Seriously: Isn't that a DUMB NAME to give a resort. Don't they know that 95% of people will spell it wrong and 99% of people will say it wrong? In these days of internet searches, simple spelling is important. I know the hotel comes from the name in Miami - but so what? At good old UCSB there was a dorm with the same name. Nobody ever said it right - let alone worried about how to spell it right.

I would advise these Turnberry guys to not underestimate this point. If you (the hotel) are going to make your customers look/feel dumb - then they are not going to like you. I look for this to possibly be a legendary mistake in the legend of Las Vegas mistakes.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 9:48 PM
The Picture Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog View Post
If he can't spell worker, chute....
Ohh, that's what he meant by "Shoot"

Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 9:55 PM
The Picture Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas View Post
Seriously: Isn't that a DUMB NAME to give a resort. Don't they know that 95% of people will spell it wrong and 99% of people will say it wrong? In these days of internet searches, simple spelling is important. I know the hotel comes from the name in Miami - but so what? At good old UCSB there was a dorm with the same name. Nobody ever said it right - let alone worried about how to spell it right.
I couldn't have said it better. It proves the point that Fontainebleau is overrated. Why, because nobody knows it is under-construction and nobody knows how to say its name right. If nobody even knows the project exists or don't care, then how is it going to be successful? Wynn was the most talked about project even before the ground was cleared.
Besides, the design is just ho-hum. It's just a building sitting on top of a shopping mall, what's so special about it??

Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazfingr View Post
Just take the shape from the LVTower renderings and put 'bleau' glass on it.
It's kind of hard to tell what color the glass is in this facade sample, it's very reflective but a little transparent and has just a hint of blue.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 11:03 PM
need input!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiederi View Post
Is that the condo part of the tower? Usually hotel rooms in Vegas don't have balconies. The version in the LVT renderings didn't show that detail.
It seems kind of weird to me that the condo section would be flanked on each side by hotel rooms.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 11:27 PM

We've got to remember that the Fountainblue or whatever it is called (kind of kidding) is a Turnberry project. That means they are counting on condo sales for the project to pencil out. I am sure the top-level conversations are interesting these days.

About that reflective glass. They should watch out what they are reflecting on the north strip. It could like the Sahara from the right angle ??

Old Posted Apr 15, 2007, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip View Post
I couldn't have said it better. It proves the point that Fontainebleau is overrated. Why, because nobody knows it is under-construction and nobody knows how to say its name right. If nobody even knows the project exists or don't care, then how is it going to be successful? Wynn was the most talked about project even before the ground was cleared.
Besides, the design is just ho-hum. It's just a building sitting on top of a shopping mall, what's so special about it??
At least it is something and at last a proper hotel is being built on this site which has been derelict since July 1992.

I remember the first time I came to vegas in 1998 and being met with the boarded up El Rancho/Thunderbird Give this one a chance and lets see what happens

Old Posted Apr 15, 2007, 1:45 AM

Trump II

Does anyone know if Trump Tower II sales is doing well since the Apprentice last Sunday? Did the show payoff? I would think people would bet on this project over any other project right now. They also said a price increase would take place after April 8th, wonder if that happened.....

Last edited by RazzMan; Apr 15, 2007 at 2:01 AM.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2007, 7:02 AM
Closed account

I recently created a page (not very informative yet) for Fontainebleau Las Vegas and have decided to start my VIP interest list. The good news? People are requesting to be added so there is definitely a buzz about it.

I think people are becoming aware the North Strip is really coming alive. To me a project like this has a bigger effect on The North Strip then it would on Core Strip where things are already awesome.

As far as Trump 2 price increase I had a client considering reserving last week and she had to get money in by the next day or price was raising so I am almost certain that did take place.

Last edited by Vegas Grows Up; Apr 15, 2007 at 4:34 PM.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2007, 1:35 PM

Highrise Penthouses

Does anyone know why none of these major condo's can sell out their Penthouse units? It seems like Turnberry, Panorama, Sky, Cosmo, and Trump is having a hard time selling any of these large PH units over $3M.
You would think some famous people or corporations would buy these since the supply is only a handful. Once they are gone, that's it...but no one wants them.......

Old Posted Apr 15, 2007, 4:25 PM

dunt mak phun ov mai laq ov spelin!

Old Posted Apr 15, 2007, 4:41 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazzMan View Post
Does anyone know why none of these major condo's can sell out their Penthouse units? It seems like Turnberry, Panorama, Sky, Cosmo, and Trump is having a hard time selling any of these large PH units over $3M.
You would think some famous people or corporations would buy these since the supply is only a handful. Once they are gone, that's it...but no one wants them.......

All the 3 story Sky Suites are sold out am I not correct?

Look at how quick the multi million dollar penthouses at the Mandarin Oriental at MGM CityCenter sold out.

It is normal for multi million dollar units in any city and even in fantastic market conditions to take years to sell. These sales are not as affected by a slower market due to fact most luxury buyers are less concerned with rates and market conditions.

I think Vegas is doing well on the higher end units, a matter of fact there were multiple news stories recently on this very fact and numbers to prove that our luxury market is fairing better then median home market.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2007, 5:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Grows Up View Post
All the 3 story Sky Suites are sold out am I not correct?

Look at how quick the multi million dollar penthouses at the Mandarin Oriental at MGM CityCenter sold out.

It is normal for multi million dollar units in any city and even in fantastic market conditions to take years to sell. These sales are not as affected by a slower market due to fact most luxury buyers are less concerned with rates and market conditions.

I think Vegas is doing well on the higher end units, a matter of fact there were multiple news stories recently on this very fact and numbers to prove that our luxury market is fairing better then median home market.

Aaron, I thought all the SKY units are still available, I saw them still on the websites for sale around $3M. Also the $5.7M PH at Turnberry still exists as well as Cosmo's. I think Trump has a couple left in both buildings....I would think these should do well. The Mandarin link you sent also shows all the high end PH's still out there....

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations