HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jul 24, 2017, 9:28 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramako View Post
I love how you paint this as a purely Canadian phenomenon when, for example, Spiderman made half of its revenues from international markets. Who would have thought that AAA Hollywood blockbuster movie franchises would be consumed in Canada, just like every other country in the Western world?

Also all these QC movies you're lambasting anglo-Canadians for not being familiar with are (you guessed it!) in French, which sadly most anglo-Canadians don't speak (god forbid).

No doubt that many of our best and most talented writers, producers and actors get lured to the next door US by higher dollars and a bigger stage, which has certainly limited anglo-Canada's locally focussed film culture, but this isn't due to some lack of cultural identity. On the other side of the coin, why does Canada not get credit for the works of Canadians like Mike Myers, John Candy, Lorne Micheals or James Cameron?

Your seething and generally nonsensical resentment toward Toronto and anglo-Canada is genuinely comical. Some girl from London/Toronto must have done a real number on you.
Well! Such a dick-faced response!

You must be from Toronto..

Let's see:

"AAA movies play all over the world" Yeah but, most countries still manage to sustain their own movie industry. And really? You consider Spiderman 12 to be AAA?

Anyhow..

"Quebec movies are in French, most Canadians don't speak French"

Well so much for that popular misconception. I thought we were an Officially Bilingual Country? lol! We're so proud of telling everybody that..

I've always thought that most Canadians were capable of reading English subtitles. If not, then how could we be capable of watching anything other than "AAA" movies? All but English language movies ??? Aren't we multicultural? Or, does that just apply to restaurants and slave labour?

And yeah you're right: I've had my heart broken by Ontarians, Scots, Yanks, Aussies, Germans, Dutch.. that comes with the territory when you're a perennial OutOfTowner! So what?

What about you, idiot? you seem seem like a tinfoil construction hat, height-obsessed, canyon jockey loser.. like most of the Torontonians on this site.

Are you World Class??

My point is that us English Canadians can't make a movie that we will all watch if our life depended on it whereas Quebec does this regularly.

You're an idiot so I can understand why you missed that.

Last edited by OutOfTowner; Jul 24, 2017 at 9:39 AM.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2017, 3:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTowner View Post

Let's see:

"AAA movies play all over the world" Yeah but, most countries still manage to sustain their own movie industry. And really? You consider Spiderman 12 to be AAA?

Anyhow..

Well so much for that popular misconception. I thought we were an Officially Bilingual Country? lol! We're so proud of telling everybody that..

I've always thought that most Canadians were capable of reading English subtitles. If not, then how could we be capable of watching anything other than "AAA" movies? All but English language movies ??? Aren't we multicultural? Or, does that just apply to restaurants and slave labour?

And yeah you're right: I've had my heart broken by Ontarians, Scots, Yanks, Aussies, Germans, Dutch.. that comes with the territory when you're a perennial OutOfTowner! So what?

What about you, idiot? you seem seem like a tinfoil construction hat, height-obsessed, canyon jockey loser.. like most of the Torontonians on this site.

Are you World Class??

My point is that us English Canadians can't make a movie that we will all watch if our life depended on it whereas Quebec does this regularly.

You need some thicker skin, his comment wasn't that bad. "Such a dick-faced response!" Could be said for your last post as well.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2017, 5:13 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Lovely explanation of why the city is so colourful. Also... small. I have personally met almost everyone who appears in this.

Video Link

Old Posted Aug 12, 2017, 7:22 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Skyline Studio's 2017 drone reel. Lots of shots from around NS.

Video Link

Old Posted Aug 13, 2017, 4:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTowner View Post

Let's see:

Anyhow..

Are you World Class??

Haha wow, what a sad little shit.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 3:54 PM
Montérégien

The city of Québec as seen by anglo tourists.
Warning : it's a heart-warming video.

Video Link

Old Posted Sep 6, 2017, 10:35 PM

So here is one more time lapse skytrain video I made while in Vancouver this August.

This one is the Expo line to Production Way - University. It was the first time I rode the new configurations of the Expo / Millennium lines.

Please enjoy and watch in HD

Video Link

Old Posted Sep 8, 2017, 5:32 PM

Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman23 View Post
Haha wow, what a sad little shit.
wow.. no doubt..

so if OutOfTowner is presumptuous to think that Canadians outside of Quebec should be rushing out to see Quebecois movies, I wonder how many Quebecers have gone to see any Saskatchewan movies in the last couple of years.. my guess is I could count the number on my fingers.

Here's at least three Saskatchewan productions that should have been playing in "la belle Province".

http://nationalpost.com/entertainmen...-gotta-film-it

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4515762/

http://io9.gizmodo.com/wesley-snips-...ifi-1794844075

Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 2:00 AM
Unapologetic Occidental

As undiplomatic as OutOfTowner was, one's initial reaction to this can't be anything but "you go first".

Because seriously, how many people in Saskatchewan themselves have seen these movies?

(The third one BTW barely qualifies as Canadian anyway.)

I've on occasion heard people in Quebec slammed for not paying attention to Anglo-Canadian stuff, when Anglo-Canadians themselves aren't paying attention to it.

It is true that Quebec sometimes bemoans the indifference the rest of the country pays to Quebec culture, but at the very least we pay attention to our own stuff to begin with.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 2:10 AM
Unapologetic Occidental

So one of the films has not been released yet.

The Recall Hollywoodesque sci fi horror schlock grossed 22k.

And Big Muddy grossed... 881 bucks.

Are you fucking kidding me?

My kid's school video project they did on an ipad could have grossed more than that.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 3:42 AM

maybe your kid should enter film at TIFF too like the movie you cherry picked a 1 screen $gross number from.

If Wesley Snipes makes a Canadian movie barely Canadian it just goes to show the expertise Minds Eye Entertainment in Regina has in securing Hollywood talent, which is more than can be said about anything coming out of Quebec...

...The point still remains, no one in this part of the country really cares what Quebec has to offer cinema wise when Hollywood movies are more accessible, don't seem like foreign cinema, and don't have as far to travel to get here, geographically, culturally and linguistically, and are just simply better, as compared to Quebec films.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 6:09 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 6:37 PM
Explorateur urbain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskScraper View Post
maybe your kid should enter film at TIFF too like the movie you cherry picked a 1 screen $gross number from.

If Wesley Snipes makes a Canadian movie barely Canadian it just goes to show the expertise Minds Eye Entertainment in Regina has in securing Hollywood talent, which is more than can be said about anything coming out of Quebec...

...The point still remains, no one in this part of the country really cares what Quebec has to offer cinema wise when Hollywood movies are more accessible, don't seem like foreign cinema, and don't have as far to travel to get here, geographically, culturally and linguistically, and are just simply better, as compared to Quebec films.
The thing is that you don't even know this! it's just an un-educated guess on your part.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 7:06 AM

if you like walking videos

Video Link

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 10:38 AM
I ♣ Baby Seals

A personal little tour by this girl back from Toronto. Pretty cute.

Video Link

Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 3:08 AM
Busy Beaver

Kind of refreshing that someone does a video of their visit to Ottawa and there isn't any footage of Parliament Hill.

Video Link

Video Link

Old Posted Oct 22, 2017, 8:36 AM

cool pool

Video Link

Old Posted Oct 22, 2017, 9:59 PM
It's Hammer Time

Old Posted Oct 26, 2017, 7:09 PM

the strip

Video Link

Video Link

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada