HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Dec 4, 2008, 9:22 PM
i ain't no bubba

Funny, I never pictured you as a "Housewives" or "Sweet 16" viewer!

Old Posted Dec 7, 2008, 1:43 PM

It's interesting too that it's coming out now that with NeNe and some of the other women the show was doing quite a bit of creative packaging and resume fluffing to make them seem more interesting. It seems a lot of their charity work, business ventures, etc. were kind of like Kim's singing ability - a figment of their imagination.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2008, 3:56 PM
Apathetic...and Loving It

Two words for this show:

skank hoebags.

and that's my

Old Posted Dec 9, 2008, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
How can we say a show is bad if it's simply capturing the actual lives of some of our city's citizens? Surely we can celebrate the fact that life in Atlanta is gaining national attention.

I would also like to point out that several of the Most Stuntin' Celebrity Sweet 16 Parties prominently featured Atlanta and Atlantans.

Nobody can deny that we're in the big leagues now.
or that we just finance it to look like we are in the big league. ;-)

Old Posted Dec 14, 2008, 5:15 AM

This show seems to have taken on a life of its own.
I thought you guys might enjoy these.

Bonnie Hunt Show - Real Housewives of Altanta
Video Link

Real Housewife Kim on Bonnie Hunt
Video Link

Old Posted Dec 15, 2008, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYClife2005 View Post
Well, i saw half an episode & wasnt impressed. First of all, all of them are black. I have nothing against black people but 2 problems with that: First, the everage demographics in Buckhead is NOT black; Second, it sends a message about Atlanta consistent with BET/rap/hip hop/majorily black image its been getting - and thats NOT representative of our city, especially the higher end, high class parts this show is supposed to represent
So let me get this straight, you didn't see the entire episode, you noticed that they were all black, you were not impressed BUT you say you have nothing against black people. I find your comments to be very suspect. Did you have these same feelings about the previous Housewives show when the cast was all white? Were you not impressed as well with how they acted and how they represented their city. These shows are all the same no matter what color. This type of behavior is typical of nouveau rich people. People with real wealth and class will NEVER appear on a tv show talking about how wealthy they are. Clearly, Bravo knows how to create shows to get high ratings and provide lots of entertainment.

Oh and just to clear something up. Neither one of the women featured on the show lived in Atlanta or Buckhead. And to suggest that the city of Atlanta gets a bad message because of BET/Rap/Hip Hop is such an asinine statement that it doesn't even deserve a response.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta