HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

Old Posted Aug 3, 2021, 7:16 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Looks great. Thanks for making this rendering. I agree the hospital would add a lot to this one.

It would be interesting to see one for the North End. I have a hard time even keeping track of all the projects there.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2021, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
Looks great. Thanks for making this rendering. I agree the hospital would add a lot to this one.

It would be interesting to see one for the North End. I have a hard time even keeping track of all the projects there.
I've presented to council before (at a public hearing) pressuring to get something like this made for the city but still we're just left with the infamous "Active Planning Applications map." I'll be making a map of the North end, just like this, but first I'm doing the Robie/Spring Garden/College and Carleton area.

I'll make sure to circulate - I'm keen to get more feedback!

Old Posted Aug 5, 2021, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns_kid View Post
The most recent information should be found here:

https://healthredevelopment.novascot...mary-expansion
Thanks NSKID! Being new in the development community I sometimes struggle to find the most updated plans and elevations for projects. This is a great help!

Old Posted Dec 26, 2023, 4:27 AM

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays Everyone!

I've decided to delete the compilation list at the start of this thread.

I do have a less extensive list at HalifaxDevelopments.ca - Projects We're Following. This will only be for projects under construction. While I would love to restart a full compilation thread there are two major reasons I cannot. First is the passing of Centre Plan. Most projects are now as-of-right which means details are unknown until the building permit is submitted. So proposed/approved projects are scarce. As-of-right also means details like building height are never revealed. The second reason is the population boom. The original list was abandoned in 2018 before HRM started to experience rapid growth. The sheer number of developments that would need to be listed would require more time dedication than I have available to maintain the list's accuracy. As always I welcome any feedback I can get on how to improve the site and list.

For those on this forum who do follow my website I appreciate the support. My tracking shows that ~25% of my website's views are directly from links I post here.

Old Posted Dec 26, 2023, 3:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmajackson View Post

I do have a less extensive list at HalifaxDevelopments.ca - Projects We're Following. This will only be for projects under construction. While I would love to restart a full compilation thread there are two major reasons I cannot. First is the passing of Centre Plan. Most projects are now as-of-right which means details are unknown until the building permit is submitted. So proposed/approved projects are scarce. As-of-right also means details like building height are never revealed. The second reason is the population boom. The original list was abandoned in 2018 before HRM started to experience rapid growth. The sheer number of developments that would need to be listed would require more time dedication than I have available to maintain the list's accuracy. As always I welcome any feedback I can get on how to improve the site and list.

For those on this forum who do follow my website I appreciate the support. My tracking shows that ~25% of my website's views are directly from links I post here.
Great work! I keep favourites for your site on all my devices and probably check a couple times a day. My kids are use to me taking the “scenic” route anywhere to check on construction, but your site certainly helps fill in the gaps!

Old Posted Dec 29, 2023, 3:37 PM
we built this city

Quote:

Thank you for all that you've done for the thread over the years! I follow your new website regularly!

Old Posted Jan 8, 2024, 3:47 AM

^Thanks for the kind words.

I've decided to change how I report on permits.

Instead of weekly permit wrap up post I've created "2024 Permit Tracking" page. This page will be updated weekly with the permit information. I haven't decided how to best organize the data. For now it is organized by street name. Halifax updates it's datasets on Sunday mornings so I recommend to bookmark and check. The more notable an update the quicker I tend to get an updated photo posted on my blog.

Any feedback is welcome.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2024, 3:21 PM

Quote:
^Thanks for the kind words.

I've decided to change how I report on permits.

Instead of weekly permit wrap up post I've created "2024 Permit Tracking" page. This page will be updated weekly with the permit information. I haven't decided how to best organize the data. For now it is organized by street name. Halifax updates it's datasets on Sunday mornings so I recommend to bookmark and check. The more notable an update the quicker I tend to get an updated photo posted on my blog.

Any feedback is welcome.
Thanks for the update. A suggestion for you to consider: would adding a map of the locations be something you're interested in? If so, you could add the widget map to wordpress and link it to a google map with all the permits locations. Perhaps it's too much work.. I don't know, just throwing the idea here.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2024, 4:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2halifax View Post
Thanks for the update. A suggestion for you to consider: would adding a map of the locations be something you're interested in? If so, you could add the widget map to wordpress and link it to a google map with all the permits locations. Perhaps it's too much work.. I don't know, just throwing the idea here.
I've been working on a map over the last bit. The scale of development in Halifax makes it hard to fully maintain.

Currently I have the Peninsula done and the Mainland up to Lacewood Drive and have 65 CONSTRUCTION SITES. This doesn't include anything in Dartmouth, West Bedford, or other areas.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2024, 12:48 AM

Quote:
I've been working on a map over the last bit. The scale of development in Halifax makes it hard to fully maintain.

Currently I have the Peninsula done and the Mainland up to Lacewood Drive and have 65 CONSTRUCTION SITES. This doesn't include anything in Dartmouth, West Bedford, or other areas.
Wow !! 65 Sites, just on the Halifax side. Wow.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2024, 4:29 AM

The map is scheduled to be unveiled late this week so keep an eye on my blog!

Looks like the breakdown is;

- 84 Buildings Under Construction
- 46 Building Permits Underway
- 18 Development-Only Permits Underway

For reference, I think the smallest building listed is 16 units.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2024, 1:05 PM

Quote:
The map is scheduled to be unveiled late this week so keep an eye on my blog!

Looks like the breakdown is;

- 84 Buildings Under Construction
- 46 Building Permits Underway
- 18 Development-Only Permits Underway

For reference, I think the smallest building listed is 16 units.

Thank you for doing all this. I can't wait to see the map. I knew there were a lot of development happening but had no idea it was this much!

Old Posted Jan 17, 2024, 2:19 PM

Quote:

Impressive numbers! Google Maps lets you add collaborators (people with edit rights). Perhaps some folks here are keen on helping?

Old Posted Jan 26, 2024, 4:04 AM

With the addition of 2 new active contruction sites this week I am excited to say the map now shows ONE HUNDRED BUILDINGS UNDER CONSTRUCTION in Greater Halifax. The smallest is 48 Old Sambro Road at 17 units. The largest is Richmond Yards Tower at 257 units.

This week 2705 Robie Street and 57 Hamlet Lane were added. Next week at least two projects will be occupied, so the number may dip briefly, but I feel confident one hundred will be the normal baseline through 2024.

Halifax's Major Construction Sites Map

Old Posted Jan 26, 2024, 4:08 PM
Halifax Promoter!

Don't forget 210-214 Willett is 530 total units

Old Posted Jan 29, 2024, 1:40 PM

Quote:
ONE HUNDRED BUILDINGS UNDER CONSTRUCTION in Greater Halifax.

Hope to see those numbers maintained for 2024 and beyond!

Old Posted Jan 30, 2024, 1:17 AM

Quote:
With the addition of 2 new active contruction sites this week I am excited to say the map now shows ONE HUNDRED BUILDINGS UNDER CONSTRUCTION in Greater Halifax. The smallest is 48 Old Sambro Road at 17 units. The largest is Richmond Yards Tower at 257 units.

This week 2705 Robie Street and 57 Hamlet Lane were added. Next week at least two projects will be occupied, so the number may dip briefly, but I feel confident one hundred will be the normal baseline through 2024.

What is the total number of units and how many are proposed rentals or proposed condos ? How many are duplexes,row houses, terrace houses.
HRM has never provided a breakdown as to the number and type of units available to purchase.
In the 1931 census our house had 11 occupants aged 52 to 2 years, all were members of the Bowes family, one a nephew. I suppose I could do a modest reno and pack 11 S Asian students in at $500 per person. The 1921 census did not include the number of the house.
In early 1961 when my father in Britain was promoted from Detective Sergeant to Inspector and he bought a very nice terrace house with a living room, a dining room, a breakfast room, a kitchen, a pantry, 4 bedrooms, bathroom,toilet. Heated with natural gas from the North Sea. All a 6 minute walk to a commuter station and 30 minutes to his office. And 10 minutes to the seafront.
This is #21 and we were #19....conversions to flats/apartments has changed the street from all properties being owner occupied.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2024, 4:09 PM

Up to 112 buildings under construction region wide with about a dozen more in the urban core that are about to start.

This is going to be a busy year.

Halifax's Major Construction Sites

- Moffat's Pharmacy II (I think this starts this week)
- 215 Wyse Road (demo'd last week)
- 25 Crystal (demo'd last week)
- 352 Windmill
- Opal Ridge
- 3521 Windsor (demo'd last week)
- Macara Presido (GAP just issued)
- 6427 North (GAP just issued)
- Skye Halifax (just waiting for them to close off the gravel lot)
- 5688 West Street (GAP submitted)
- 2254 Barrington
- 2032 Robie/2033 Parker
- The Nook II

Last edited by Dmajackson; Mar 25, 2024 at 5:15 PM.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2024, 1:00 PM

Quote:
Up to 112 buildings under construction region wide with about a dozen more in the urban core that are about to start.

It's very impressive how fast our city is growing!

Old Posted Mar 29, 2024, 7:36 PM
Great White Norf

As an outsider, I'm just curious:

What are the 5 tallest buildings under construction in Halifax right now?
How many storeys? If residential, how many units?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth