HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jan 28, 2008, 9:19 PM
mmmmkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightwing View Post
I'm sorry I know that this has come up at some point on the thread but when are they going to cover the concrete portion of the tower where the crane is attached?
bah...leave it exposed. I like the contrast.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2008, 9:55 PM
Chaos Machine

It would be sweet if it was clad in stainless steel, and then that band went all the way up and merged with the stainless steel crown.

I would rather them do that instead of cladding it in glass.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2008, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down_Under_the_El View Post
^^ What about OMPW?? How are its sales?
Didn't ask, I was eavsdroping on a presentation, and that's the number quoted by the sales associate.

OMPW 01/27/08

Old Posted Jan 29, 2008, 12:14 AM

Holy cao! I didn't realize that units in OMP start at just above $1million. That's increadible!

Old Posted Jan 29, 2008, 5:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi649 View Post
That popped up fast. Looks like it's just about topped out now, another month probably.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2008, 11:31 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1 View Post
Didn't ask, I was eavsdroping on a presentation, and that's the number quoted by the sales associate.

OMPW 01/27/08
Man, this looks familiar.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2008, 3:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Man, this looks familiar.
Here are a few more from 01/27/08

Old Posted Jan 30, 2008, 4:21 AM

Quote:
Here are a few more from 01/27/08
...snip
Is that a steel whaler ?

Thank you for the update.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2008, 1:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
Holy cao! I didn't realize that units in OMP start at just above $1million. That's increadible!
I think you got some bad information, maybe 3 bedrooms start there but they had 1 bedrooms + dens starting in the upper 300's / lower 400's

"A Chicago man knows he has a mission to accomplish in the world."- Pierre De Coubertin

Old Posted Jan 30, 2008, 2:59 PM

Ompw

How long does it take to put in these caissons here??? Seems as if this part of the project has been taking forever??? Still looks as if they are not even close to being out of the ground ANY INFORMATION ANYONE???

Old Posted Jan 30, 2008, 6:51 PM
Cleared for takeoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerGuy37 View Post
How long does it take to put in these caissons here??? Seems as if this part of the project has been taking forever??? Still looks as if they are not even close to being out of the ground ANY INFORMATION ANYONE???
Well they've got to start the core before we start to see it rise. They've just begun excavating the core so strap in for a while.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2008, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerGuy37 View Post
Caissons were put in months ago, now we are in the "build the core phase", which will be followed by the "excavate the rest of the site" phase.

Nov 14

Old Posted Jan 31, 2008, 9:26 PM

Oh No

We just sold our condo at Prairie house based on assurances as recently as last week that we would be closing in March. We are buying an 06 unit on a floor lower than 20. 06 units are 3 bedroom, 3 bath units facing north,west and south.

I just received this e-mail from the OMP agent we bought from:

[I]Susie,
You should be receiving a closing schedule this week. But, due to the skip hoist the 06 teir will not close until October[I]

Do you think it is possible that they JUST figured out they needed to keep the skip hoist until October? We think we have been misled and are very, very angry.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2008, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieM View Post
We just sold our condo at Prairie house based on assurances as recently as last week that we would be closing in March. We are buying an 06 unit on a floor lower than 20. 06 units are 3 bedroom, 3 bath units facing north,west and south.

[I]Susie,
You should be receiving a closing schedule this week. But, due to the skip hoist the 06 teir will not close until October[I]

Do you think it is possible that they JUST figured out they needed to keep the skip hoist until October? We think we have been misled and are very, very angry.
WOW!

Only thing I can think of is making a deal with the associate to use an unsold unit on one of the lower floors until yours is ready!

They certainly should have known this months ago.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2008, 9:42 PM
Chicago, il.- Malibu, Ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieM View Post

[I]Susie,

SusieM,

I know how you feel. When I moved to the Fordham back when it opened they did the same thing to me when I moved from Lakepoint Tower. I had to rent a place and put my stuff in storage. What a pain in "A.." that was. Once you get in you will feel better about it, but I remember that feeling like it was a thorn in my side.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2008, 9:55 PM

01/22/08

Old Posted Jan 31, 2008, 10:45 PM
Cleared for takeoff

^Man that looks good. Any ideas on a time frame for construction of the crown? Also, how do they put in the remaining glass panels currently boarded up with wood. Don't they have to have the floor above it open to hang the panel down? How will they do it without having the luxury of an open space above from which to hang the panel?

Old Posted Jan 31, 2008, 11:03 PM

^I have no idea when the crown is to be completed. And as for the glass, they might just replace the piece of glass and not the whole frame. The probably just bring it up the freight elevator.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2008, 5:03 AM

Quote:
01/22/08
Bitter sweet.... earlier renderings were much better.... the sacrafice of more units on the right side, crudded out the slender massing of the earlier proposal..... FUCK!!!! so close, yet money screws the pooch again.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2008, 5:34 AM

don't worry, omp, i still think you look beautiful (from that angle anyway)

the different shades of blue on the building really work so well. I'm really looking forward to similar work with ompw. the dark green is gonna be awesome

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive