HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jun 11, 2007, 4:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realthang View Post
Hmmmm, over by the survivors staircase they have constructed a very large crane... purpose???
Yeah. That is HUGE. I've never seen such a big crane!
Here's a better picture:

http://www.earthcam.net/users2/inter...2&clientid=158

Old Posted Jun 11, 2007, 3:44 PM
BANNED

Ok, now I see the big red crane, which I haven't seen before, but I STILL DON'T KNOW what it's intended purpose is. There's also a smaller red crane on the other side of the old WTC stairway. Ah, no, I think that'll be the same size as well.

But I think they were set up to help move the stairway, since some of the officials want the thing to remain intact. The old WTC Arctifacts Advocates have complained that they want it saved. It's supposed to be lifted and moved to another spot somewhere at Ground Zero, I believe.

Realthang, how were you able to post your first pic? I've been wanting to do that for the longest time, but never knew how to. Send me a pm on it, please. Thank you.

Last edited by Daquan13; Jun 11, 2007 at 3:59 PM.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2007, 4:33 PM

Today Big Red is lifting steel onto the roof of the old WTC parking garage remnant/subway tunnel roof beside the temp transit hub. Looks like Big Red needs to carry the steel beams over a wide distance, hence the massive boom size. I would also assume that the crane will position and hold the steel while they are being bolted to the superstructure.

Picture posting: See FAQ above... in summary, you need to post your picture to a web site like flickr, then provide an http image link from that site when composing your reply. Hopefully, my next picture will provide more detail!

Old Posted Jun 11, 2007, 5:28 PM
BANNED

This third crane seems to be an autocrane and it is really huge. Now we have 4 ones, 2 fixed, 2 auto. Something is going to happen there, finally... or they are going to collect cranes there.... Sorry, I did not retain myself.
One thing is sure, big structures are going to be moved there.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2007, 12:11 AM

bad pic from wintergarden, yesterday:

Old Posted Jun 12, 2007, 1:59 AM

Thanks for all the photo updates nygirl

Old Posted Jun 12, 2007, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realthang View Post
Today Big Red is lifting steel onto the roof of the old WTC parking garage remnant/subway tunnel roof beside the temp transit hub. Looks like Big Red needs to carry the steel beams over a wide distance, hence the massive boom size. I would also assume that the crane will position and hold the steel while they are being bolted to the superstructure.

Picture posting: See FAQ above... in summary, you need to post your picture to a web site like flickr, then provide an http image link from that site when composing your reply. Hopefully, my next picture will provide more detail!
Is the steel for the FT or for something else?

Old Posted Jun 12, 2007, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAG View Post
Is the steel for the FT or for something else?
I believe that the steel is part of the platform D project or the transit hub project. It doesn't appear to have anything to do with the tower directly. You can see that they have removed the tops of some of the old columns that were protruding from the parking garage floor after 911. It looks like these columns will extend what remains of the old columns. This only seems to apply to the area of the temp subway station.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2007, 2:37 PM
BANNED

Yes, the steel IS for something else.

The steel for the Freedom Tower will trickle in slowly, mainly one or two pieces at a time, until next year when it starts coming by the boatload and the tower will then really kick off.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2007, 4:16 PM
Bionic Boogie

just heard on tv, that JP morgan Chase will move to a new tower on the site of the old Deustche bank...it will be a 47 story tower....
SSP member since 2003
Please do not use any of my photos or videos without my permission. thanks

Old Posted Jun 14, 2007, 4:32 PM

JP Morgan Chase Agrees to Stay in Manhattan

NEW YORK (AP) -- JP Morgan Chase & Co. agreed long ago to become the first private company to occupy office space at the World Trade Center site. But negotiations over tax incentives and other perks went on for months, officials have said -- and the bank suggested it would leave New York for Connecticut or New Jersey if an acceptable deal couldn't be struck.

1010 WINS AUDIO: John Montone Reports

JP Morgan has now reached an agreement to build and move into one of five planned office towers at ground zero, with a hefty package of state and city incentives, officials announced Thursday.

"We have proven once again that downtown Manhattan is the epicenter of global capital,'' Gov. Eliot Spitzer said at a news conference.

Spitzer said the incentives, which were around $100 million, are similar to those given other companies.

JP Morgan, one of the country's largest banks, will pay $300 million to the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey for rights to build a 40-plus-story tower for more than 6,000 employees.

The bank will receive a 92-year lease for the building, which is expected to open in the next five years.

A year ago, the Port Authority took over development of this fifth tower and the 1,776-foot Freedom Tower, which is under construction, from private developer Larry Silverstein. But since Spitzer took office, the agency has explored the sale of one or both towers to the private sector.

JP Morgan will build its tower on the spot where a vacant skyscraper heavily damaged in the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks now sits. The former Deutsche Bank building -- plagued by contamination, the discovery of human remains and a recent construction accident -- is being taken down floor by floor. Officials have said it will be removed by the end of this year.

The 1.3 million-square-foot tower will include seven cantilevered trading floors. Community officials had objected to the design, saying it would cast shadows over the neighborhood and on the spot where a Greek Orthodox church plans to rebuild.

JP Morgan would relocate thousands of its investment banking employees from its main midtown Manhattan location and from several downtown locations.

The incentives it received to move include tax breaks and a deal reducing the price of its power supply.

The tower is the last planned to replace more than 10 million square feet of office space destroyed in the Sept. 11 attacks.

The Freedom Tower is expected to open in 2011. Three others towers, to be built by Silverstein, are expected to open between 2011 and 2013

Old Posted Jun 14, 2007, 6:06 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
just heard on tv, that JP morgan Chase will move to a new tower on the site of the old Deustche bank...it will be a 47 story tower....

It'll be a 50-story, I believe.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2007, 10:01 PM
Bionic Boogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daquan13 View Post
It'll be a 50-story, I believe.

I just read in the Post it will be 57..
SSP member since 2003
Please do not use any of my photos or videos without my permission. thanks

Old Posted Jun 14, 2007, 10:09 PM
BANNED

Maybe you're right. 7 WTC will be the shortest one.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2007, 10:10 PM
BANNED

Maybe you're right. 7 WTC will be the shortest one.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2007, 7:08 AM
low-riding

i think now its down to 40st, but hopefully still taller than 7wtc

Old Posted Jun 15, 2007, 2:53 PM
BANNED

7 WTC is 52 floors.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2007, 2:59 PM

Is there going to be a building 6??

Old Posted Jun 15, 2007, 3:07 PM
BANNED

No word on that, but I would tend to think that it would be the museum, if it's still going to be built.

All the other buildings have numbers and street addresses.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2007, 3:08 PM
BANNED

No word on that, but I would tend to think that it would be the museum, if it's still going to be built.

All the other buildings have numbers and street addresses.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive