HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Nov 26, 2015, 7:20 AM

It took me a while to see the lady in the light blue shirt stretching on the balcony and only after I read Kevin mention something about a balcony.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2015, 2:31 PM

I'm glad they finally restarted their marketing - at least on social media. This project was starting to stagnate.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2015, 8:55 PM

The guy on the right is stretching through the glass!

Old Posted Dec 1, 2015, 8:54 PM

Ha the lady out side is positioned correctly, behind the window divider, and in font of the balcony railing, while the guy on the right appears to be standing on the balcony but the window divider is behind him so his Photoshop placement is poor.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2015, 1:44 AM

Since we are critiquing, why is his shadow pointing east while her's is pointing west?

Old Posted Dec 5, 2015, 3:39 PM

I spoke with the mgmt team last week. This project is still a "go" with an estimated completion date of late 2018. I got a pdf with all the floor plans and pricing but I'm not sure how to format it for this forum. I'm looking at 2 bedrooms. They run from the high 800's to 1.1 mil. The East-facing views are all one bedrooms so multi bedroom floor plans get those magical western views.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2015, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanfromTexas View Post
I spoke with the mgmt team last week. This project is still a "go" with an estimated completion date of late 2018. I got a pdf with all the floor plans and pricing but I'm not sure how to format it for this forum. I'm looking at 2 bedrooms. They run from the high 800's to 1.1 mil. The East-facing views are all one bedrooms so multi bedroom floor plans get those magical western views.
Their website still says "Fall 2017", so they are a year behind their original plans. But that's normal for big projects. Did they say when construction would start?

Old Posted Dec 6, 2015, 10:28 PM
Meh

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Dec 6, 2015, 10:49 PM

Ooh, what goodies does this new render give us?

Let's see. The ladies in the deck chairs; one seems to be just a torso and head, and the other appears to be melting into her chair.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2015, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookem View Post
Ooh, what goodies does this new render give us?

Let's see. The ladies in the deck chairs; one seems to be just a torso and head, and the other appears to be melting into her chair.
That leg melting into the chair is pretty scary.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2015, 1:15 AM
World Traveler

I think it's actually just incorporating global warming into the rendering. I like it. It's relevant.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2015, 10:45 PM

Old Posted Dec 21, 2015, 11:54 PM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
I tend to think of successive releases of one-off renderings to be a bad sign. It strikes me as a strategy to keep generating buzz around a project because they lack full funding and are still trying to piece together the funding. The problem is further, though, in that one-offs like this generally indicate amateur marketing strategy. If it were two (or maaaaaaybe three) successive cohesive high quality sets of renderings that suggest an intricate and well thought out marketing strategy (a la the Independent and 5th and West). This isn't that. The renderings have been amateur and scattershot.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2015, 6:31 AM

It also appears they Tevo'd the Texas game bc it's starting a bit earlier than sundown....I like to find the "Waldo's" in these renderings...

Old Posted Jan 14, 2016, 2:04 PM

Oh look, you can tend to your cabbage patch in the 10th floor community gardens.

https://www.facebook.com/SeventyRainey/

Old Posted Jan 14, 2016, 2:23 PM
Meh

Yeah, I'm having less and less faith in this one. I noticed, too, they had a post about David Bowie passing away. That certainly sucked, but really, what does that have to do with this project?

It would really suck to see this one fail. I love the height and design, and the location would really change the skyline.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Jan 14, 2016, 10:22 PM
World Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
Oh look, you can tend to your cabbage patch in the 10th floor community gardens.

https://www.facebook.com/SeventyRainey/
I do like the idea of a community garden in a high-rise, for folks who want it. My wife would love that for our building. Some folks over here use rooftops to garden, but not all buildings have great rooftop access. Ours has a really risky-looking ladder in the stairwell...

Old Posted Jan 15, 2016, 6:10 AM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
Those types of people would never go for living in a downtown highrise though. There isn't a widescale market for that type of living for those types of people and so it isn't economical. This project was never serious you guys, like I said awhile ago: the renderings are too cheap to be taken seriously.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2016, 4:50 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmiv View Post
Those types of people would never go for living in a downtown highrise though. There isn't a widescale market for that type of living for those types of people and so it isn't economical. This project was never serious you guys, like I said awhile ago: the renderings are too cheap to be taken seriously.
Times are rapidly changing. What you're saying may have been true in the past, but people are increasingly wanting to eat local, organic, fresh, and healthy food. My initial response to the illustration was one of glee. It would be a major selling point for me. Granted, I could never afford such a place, but I'd be all over it if it were available. And it's not like they're offering a planter box to every unit, so they only need a handful of residents who are avid gardeners in order to make it work.

I know nothing about the quality of the renderings and how that correlates to the likelihood of any of this ever happening, but I can assure you that there is a segment of the population that wants the best of both worlds and is willing to pay for it.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2016, 5:18 AM

After spending a million or so on a decent Downtown condo with a view, the last thing I wanna' do is commute all the way over to Whole Foods for some decent lettuce and cabbage. I'm just going to head down to the 10th floor community gardens to see if mine is ready for the pickins'.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin