HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Jan 9, 2014, 8:57 PM

Giants' Bench Brewing?

I saw a listing for this upcoming Hamilton brewery, categorized as being in the planning stage. Brewmaster listed is Peter Van Klippe.

Their www site has no content, and their twitter feed hasn't tweeted! Would love more details on their plans.

Has anyone heard of the brewery?

Old Posted Jan 9, 2014, 10:14 PM

Kirkendall resident and Mustard Seed volunteer Peter Vander Klippe. Has posted images of some brewing attempts. Reach out and I'll feel like less of a stalker.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2014, 10:17 PM

Thanks for this! I'll reach out to him.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2014, 9:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohamilton View Post
Thanks for this! I'll reach out to him.
Did you reach out to him? Any word?

Any word about any of the breweries slated to open in Hamilton? I knew of three, and all three seemed to have fallen off the radar.

Edit: I take that back. The Hamilton Brewery posted an update on Twitter on Thursday. https://twitter.com/hamiltonbrewery/...83218049208321

Old Posted Feb 19, 2014, 3:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgrande View Post
Did you reach out to him? Any word?

Any word about any of the breweries slated to open in Hamilton? I knew of three, and all three seemed to have fallen off the radar.

Edit: I take that back. The Hamilton Brewery posted an update on Twitter on Thursday. https://twitter.com/hamiltonbrewery/...83218049208321
Yes, I reached out. We had an interesting conversation, some details of which I will keep silent on. But overall this is a serious venture which will roll out in an orderly fashion. I think Giants' Bench could establish itself as a great brewery.

On the THB, I personally don't have a lot of confidence that it's going to start operations anytime soon. Let's meet for a beer sometime and I'll tell you why in detail

The Shed Brewery in Dundas is still on course, as far as I know. There is some sort of environmental impact thing to be taken care of.

There is at least one more brewery in the planning stage that I know of, for a total of 4 possibles.

Too bad The Stowaway Pub closed. There is room in the overall space to create a brewpub.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation