HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues

Old Posted Oct 27, 2017, 6:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgrande View Post
How does a business open with 0 online presence in 2017?
It's surely one of the pitfalls of the mall.

I think it speaks to a bigger issue.. Jackson Square has failed completely to adapt to the more modern, present day Downtown Hamilton.

Not sure if it's laziness or just unwillingness to adapt.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2017, 2:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgrande View Post
How does a business open with 0 online presence in 2017?
Jackson Square.ca made its debut in honour of the mall's 40th anniversary and is basically just mall hours, a PDF directory and a leasing prospectus.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2017, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistleclub View Post
Jackson Square.ca made its debut in honour of the mall's 40th anniversary and is basically just mall hours, a PDF directory and a leasing prospectus.
Oh God.... That is horrible. I could design something better and I have basically zero website design skills...

Follow me on Twitter: https://x.com/ham_bicycleguy?t=T_fx3...SIZNGfD4A&s=09

Old Posted Nov 9, 2017, 1:30 PM

I was away for a few weeks, but I see the new Tim's is open. No seating that I saw.

I wonder how many malls in Canada have two?

Old Posted Nov 9, 2017, 3:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpgq View Post
I was away for a few weeks, but I see the new Tim's is open. No seating that I saw.

I wonder how many malls in Canada have two?
Eastgate Square, Eaton Centre, West Edmonton Mall...I'd say that's at least 3. XD

Old Posted Nov 9, 2017, 6:34 PM
Hammer'd

Tons. It's not rare at all. Hell we have intersections in this city with 2 or 3 of them there (King and Dundurn, Upper James and Stone Church)
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

Old Posted Nov 9, 2017, 6:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginRonic View Post
Eastgate Square, Eaton Centre, West Edmonton Mall...I'd say that's at least 3. XD
Huh I guess I haven't been to Eastgate for a while.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2017, 4:51 AM
Hammer'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpgq View Post
Huh I guess I haven't been to Eastgate for a while.
It's technically a food court location and an even smaller coffee and donuts only kiosk near the new wing of the mall, by where the Walmart used to be.
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

Old Posted Feb 19, 2018, 11:10 PM
Forever forward.

New Pretzel Place in Jackson Square next to Booster Juice coming soon: "Mo's Golden Pretzel"

Anyone been at their other locations before? I used to love Auntie Annie's when they were in Jackson.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 12:09 AM
Bruatalism gets no respec

hipsters are still eating pretzels? I realize they move from trend to trend, it's very annoying. But I don't think they are eating pretzels. I would like to see a hot dog shop. It;s the hipster thing in WNY right now. Elmwood Village makes Locke look like the 90s with a donut shop. and I think the craft beer thing has topped out just like escape rooms.

I have a friend who will punch randomly hipsters on the street in the face, with their stupid haircuts now. It is funny. He hates them more than me.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realcity View Post
hipsters are still eating pretzels? I realize they move from trend to trend, it's very annoying. But I don't think they are eating pretzels. I would like to see a hot dog shop. It;s the hipster thing in WNY right now. Elmwood Village makes Locke look like the 90s with a donut shop. and I think the craft beer thing has topped out just like escape rooms.

I have a friend who will punch randomly hipsters on the street in the face, with their stupid haircuts now. It is funny. He hates them more than me.
As a "hipster" I'm not really sure I understand the anger toward a certain group of people doing their own thing, especially not with such anger that violence is necessary.

Follow me on Twitter: https://x.com/ham_bicycleguy?t=T_fx3...SIZNGfD4A&s=09

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 1:07 AM
Ham-burgher

Quote:

I think anyone who acts like this or takes enjoyment from such behaviour needs to go away somewhere and evaluate what kind of human being they are, and what kind they want to aim to be.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 1:21 AM
I am a typical

Just stopped by to see what was the latest happening in my favourite urban mall in the province and I am shocked! Shocked at what I read!

Older people like pretzels too you know?

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 1:37 AM

@realcity has been trolling the interwebs for a very, very long time - he knows what he's doing.

I'm not sure if he's a genius or a sociopath but it's best to take what he says with a grain of salt (or two).

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 1:20 PM
Hammer'd

Quote:
I would like to see a hot dog shop. It;s the hipster thing in WNY right now.
Wally Parr? I dunno if I've seen any hipsters in there but they did renovate a year or two ago.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2018, 2:11 AM

Quote:
I would like to see a hot dog shop. It;s the hipster thing in WNY right now.
Sam's Cheese and Meats at the Farmers' Market is now serving steamed artisanal hotdogs.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2018, 7:44 PM

New York Fries for a decent dog.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2018, 7:19 PM
Forever forward.

The former Grand&Toy space in the east end of Jackson Square has leased:

Old Posted Aug 9, 2018, 12:49 AM
Great White Norf

Quote:

With posts like this, you sound like kind of a douche and do a disservice to the people of Western New York on this site

Old Posted Aug 12, 2018, 3:19 AM

Anyone know whats going in the old grand and toy location?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues