HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Australia

Old Posted Aug 27, 2007, 2:21 AM

Post Aussie skyscraper boom.

Since 2,000 ausstralia has produced some super tower of large hieghts.
will this boom continue?
Diagram of towers completed after 2,000

Old Posted Aug 27, 2007, 7:24 AM
nirvana

yep i mean brisbane put on the news what it will look like in 2010 and they said it will be the second largest city in australia if not the first

Old Posted Aug 28, 2007, 3:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbowk View Post
yep i mean brisbane put on the news what it will look like in 2010 and they said it will be the second largest city in australia if not the first
Can Brisbane overtake Melbourne as the second largest city?? I doubt.

Melbourne has 4m population whilst Brisbane has only 2m

Old Posted Aug 28, 2007, 5:18 AM
nuttin

I agree , and i doubt it can pass Sydney in just 4 years

Last edited by Mocholate; Aug 28, 2007 at 11:00 AM.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2007, 6:03 AM
nirvana

yeah thats what i thought but i am just saying what tv said but yet again some news is a load of bullshit

Old Posted Aug 28, 2007, 6:14 AM
nuttin

Too many inexperienced journalists who sugar coat the story to their liking and barely mention the truth

Old Posted Sep 23, 2007, 1:23 AM
BANNED

brisbane will NEVER be the second largest city in AUstralia. Victoria and Melbourne are far more important than Queensland ever will be.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2007, 3:03 AM

Brissie? nah,syd or mel will be on top for a while.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2007, 2:13 AM

Old Posted Oct 29, 2007, 1:18 AM

statistics show 1500 people a week a moving to south east queensland from all over aus. currently if you include gold coast and sunshine coast, the population is about 3million people in brisbane and surrounding areas. the population of qld is about 4.5million. you do the math. in 10 years brisbane and surrounding areas is gonna be huge. it will make melbourne look small

Old Posted Oct 29, 2007, 2:18 AM
nuttin

Qld city people gotta learn to not waste so much water before it gets any bigger

Old Posted Oct 29, 2007, 1:20 PM

the average water use of queenslanders is 130L per person per day which is the lowest in the country our polies built the dams in the wrong spots

Old Posted Jan 1, 2008, 9:51 PM
Closed account

Queensland Boom

I feel that the boom will continue yes. But more so in Queensland than in any other state. There are loads of developments planned in Queensland at the moment. Take Vision in Brisbane CBD for example. Take Soul in the Gold Coast!

Old Posted Feb 17, 2008, 2:13 PM

Queensland, Western Australia and Northern Territory are doing well out of the mining boom - caused mainly through the requirements of China. The former two are going through a major boom - and as such quite a bit of activity in the construction of skyscrapers. Perth WA, for example, have at least 11 100m+ buildings being or about to be built with a less than 1% of lettable space free in the CBD.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2008, 2:02 PM

Perth and its boom buildings

G'day Bart,

I have recently joined because of the lousy construction designs and placements I see in Perth. I want to get some people in with me on this.

See my "Perth Help!" and I'd like to see what you have to say. WHic city do you live in?
Was good the stuff you put in recentlt for perth!

Cheers
Sheen

Old Posted Apr 11, 2008, 2:07 PM

Boom is good but not Booming designs

I can only speak for Perth..although I have seen all of Australias capital cities..several times each and Perth whilst in the biggest boom time in Australia is not coming out with booming designs. PLease see Perth Help! which I posted.....I am cocerned about these designs and want some input and Help! A big mistake is about to happen I think when you look at these designs which are largly medioca designs getting in the way of the other buildings (some of which were OK for the time of construction).

Old Posted Feb 3, 2009, 1:15 PM

Hi Sheen - I don't come on here very often. Usually on skyscrapercity - so if you want to read what Perth people passionate about development go to:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=199

If you want to see other Aus cities navigate backwards and choose the city you want to read about. You soon get to see all the latest news, goss and renders.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2009, 8:08 PM

umm helo can anyone tell me why there ain't a thread about new zealands developments, bc i know they have a lot of high rise buildings under construction in Auckland, when i was just recently back there this past christmas

Old Posted Jul 17, 2009, 1:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartBart View Post
Hi Sheen - I don't come on here very often. Usually on skyscrapercity
Yep, the Perth section of SSC is good,

However, check out the Brisbane section - there is 57,000 post spread over 870 seperate threads. Most threads have loads of detailed pics, and the facts are accurate (if you post something which is not accirate you are shot on the spot).

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=198

Old Posted Sep 13, 2009, 2:08 AM

Arrow Invitation to the Canadian Web page; Vancouver.

I'm Canadian, from Vancouver, and despite the differences between our two countries -firstly, the CLIMATE ! ! (you lucky folks) - secondly, the fact that we are joined at the navel to the USA - our two countries share many co-incidental similarities; Commonwealth offspring; relatively small populations concentrated very much in ciies; miles and miles of wilderness. (You have your great deserts and northern jungle areas; we have our vast Siberia-like forests and rugged Arctic tundra)

We have two really big cities, Montreal and Toronto (Tornto now being the fourth largest metro area in North America, at 6m, ahead of Houston TX), the Vancouver at third place, which recently pushed past the 2m mark, several cities of nearly 1m (Calgary, Edmonton, and Ottawa) and Winnipeg at 600,000, although not really big, of strategic and economic importance.

You have Sydney and Melbourne leading the pack, followed by Brisbane, Perth, and Adelaide. I do not know the size of Canberra.

Regarding your big cities and our big cities, it is interesting to compare the architecture of both countries.

Toronto has soaring highrises, but an altogether more austere and conservative appearance than Sydney. Montreal has fewer very tall buildings, but the tall buildings it has are elegant and often very pleasing to the eye. The "Chateau Champlain" hotel is such a building if any of you are interested.

Vancouver is a mass of high-rise condominium buildings in the central core, usually around 30 storeys, with a handful of buildings over 40 stories, and several new ones under construction pushing 60 storeys.

I have seen pictures of the downtown areas of Sydney and Melbourne, and I think they have more character, in their own way, than our big cities (with the possible exception of Montreal).

However, especially here in rapidly-growing Vancouver, we are always looking for new ideas in not only architecture, but in urban amenities such as pedestrian malls, rapid transit (which you are way ahead of us on) parks, housing and other issues.

I'd like to invite anyone interested to go to the SKYSCRAPERPAGE forum, find CANADA, click on Vancouver, and submit pictures and ideas. SKYSCRAPERPAGE is very popular in Canada, especially Vancouver, and speaking on behalf of my fellow Vancouverites, we'd welcome pictures, ideas, and criticisms too, of what we're doing right, and what we're doing wrong.

Your cities seem like great place places, and I think we could learn a lot from you, so if you have anything to add, especially visual, COME ON OVER ! ! !

It would be great hearing from you.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Australia