HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 8, 2006, 3:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonVegas

Anyone else enjoy all the rain today?
No, I just washed my car, and now its all dirty again!!

Old Posted Jun 8, 2006, 12:02 PM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by future29
you are never going to see any renders from Steve Wynn.

i really hope they clean up the junk around Sky. and its absoultely a disgrace to look at strip pictures like the one above and have to see line after line of electric and phone wires. Truly an ugly site. Atleast on the strip they should lay those lines underground if nowhere else. the huge power lines by Caesar's need to go too!
I noticed that myself last week in the Caesar's pool--monster wires to the south. Really noticeable. Surprising for such a new city and for such a nice property.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2006, 2:11 PM

From today's Review Journal on Wall Street Towers: "Workers will break ground on the condo towers next week."

"The Las Vegas City Council on Jan. 18 voted 6-0 to approve its two 650-foot-tall condominium towers, plus retail and office space. But city staff and nearby residents opposed the development, citing traffic concerns and incompatibility with nearby industrial zoning, among other objections."

Im glad that project is getting off the ground.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2006, 3:11 PM

I saw this article this morning and and was going to post it, but you beat me to it. The article is actually about a second furniture mart called World View Plaza that will compete with the World Market Center. The new furniture mart is part of the Wall Street towers complex but has not been approved yet.
http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_ho...s/7835945.html

But the most important part of the article was that the condo portion of the project (Wall Street Towers) breaks ground next week. This is great news because personally I was thinking that these towers would end up on the cancelled list. I'm glad they proved me wrong.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2006, 4:03 PM
Reverie

Another "T" crane is being put up now at the One Las Vegas condo tower site in the South Strip. It seems to be the Southernmost crane of that type in the Valley thus far.

For the record, I also know there's two T cranes in the far far northwest valley building a hospital in Centennial Hills.

Allure

Old Posted Jun 9, 2006, 12:43 AM
Midwest Moderator - Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmichael27
From today's Review Journal on Wall Street Towers: "Workers will break ground on the condo towers next week."

"The Las Vegas City Council on Jan. 18 voted 6-0 to approve its two 650-foot-tall condominium towers, plus retail and office space. But city staff and nearby residents opposed the development, citing traffic concerns and incompatibility with nearby industrial zoning, among other objections."

Im glad that project is getting off the ground.
Can you please post the article? I'd be interested in reading it, in full.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2006, 1:44 AM
Reverie

From Reviewjournal.com:

Quote:
MARKETPLACE: Hearts set on second mart

Proposed World View furniture mart would become rival to World Market Center

By CHRIS JONES
GAMING WIRE

Wall Street Nevada wants to build a 1 million-square-foot furniture showplace and two high-rise condominium towers on land it acquired south of Charleston Boulevard.

Is there room enough in downtown Las Vegas for a second major furniture market?

The backers of World View Plaza could soon find out.

Las Vegas-based Pierce Development and The Merrill Cos. of Woodland Hills, Calif., have jointly assembled nearly 8 contiguous acres on the south side of Charleston Boulevard just east of Interstate 15.

Their partnership, collectively known as Wall Street Nevada, wants to build a 1 million-square-foot furniture showplace on the southern half of its land. The proposed 13-story tower would complement two high-rise condominium towers recently approved for the site's northern half.

World View Plaza's combined developments would cost approximately $700 million, Craig Katchen, Pierce Development's chief executive officer, said this week.

"We're steaming ahead," Katchen said.

Workers will break ground on the condo towers next week. Wall Street Nevada has "quite a bit of cash," Katchen said, though it has not raised all of the money required to build the furniture market.

If constructed, World View Plaza would be the first local competitor for World Market Center, a $2 billion furniture showcase located a mile or so north near the I-15-U.S. Highway 95 interchange.

Los Angeles businessmen Jack Kashani and Shawn Samson, in partnership with The Related Cos. of New York, opened World Market Center's $200 million, 1.3 million-square-foot first phase last July. It hosts biannual furniture shows that draw exhibitors from around the world.

Proponents hope World Market Center will enable Las Vegas to become the nation's top furniture showplace, a distinction enjoyed for nearly a century by High Point, N.C. Early returns suggest the local market is a hit thanks to its new, centralized campus and this city's world-class hospitality industry.

Wall Street Nevada is interviewing brokers who are familiar with furniture manufacturers who exhibit in North Carolina; it hopes to persuade some to also show their wares at World View Plaza.

"It's kind of a 'High Point West,'" Katchen said. "People who didn't get in on World Market Center would have an opportunity with us.

"People we've talked to in High Point feel that there's room for another spot. We're only doing 1 million square feet vs. World Market Center's 12 million square feet, but we're giving people a choice."

World Market Center's second tower will add 2 million square feet early next year. By 2012, developers plan to build six additional buildings, raising the 57-acre campus's permanent exhibition space to approximately 12 million square feet.

It's too soon to speculate whether Katchen's tenants would exhibit in late January and July, periods when World Market Center drew 70,000 to 50,000 visitors to its first two events.

World Market Center spokeswoman Dana Pretner said Wednesday her project is unlike World View Plaza because World Market Center is a trade-only showroom complex that does not include housing, stores and offices.

Pretner also suggested visiting furniture buyers would not favor the idea of traveling to a separate market, a practice that's frequently cited as High Point's biggest weakness.

"After six years of research and leasing, we know that industry buyers want to be part of our integrated campus," Pretner said via e-mail. "Our project is based on the principle of creating a critical mass."

However, World Market Center must now shuttle attendees to and from Mandalay Bay and the Las Vegas Convention Center until more permanent space is available at its downtown campus. World View Plaza would offer showgoers a much closer alternative.

Along with securing tenants and financing, World View Plaza must still clear several hurdles.

The Las Vegas City Council on Jan. 18 voted 6-0 to approve its two 650-foot-tall condominium towers, plus retail and office space. But city staff and nearby residents opposed the development, citing traffic concerns and incompatibility with nearby industrial zoning, among other objections.

Similar concerns could arise around the furniture showcase.

World View Plaza could also present a dilemma for Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman, who's lived for 30 years in the tony Scotch 80s neighborhood just west of the World View Plaza site across I-15.

The mayor's support would bolster a project that could bring millions in tax revenue to the city. But a favorable vote would likely upset some of Goodman's neighbors.

"This neighborhood already suffers egregiously from people who drive through it to avoid the intersection of Rancho (Drive) and Charleston," said Sharon Green, who's lived in Scotch 80s since 1990.

But Dan Piper, a 20-year Scotch 80s resident and past president of its homeowners association, said the freeway should act as a buffer to any added traffic the furniture market might create. He's more worried about the height of the condo towers, a moot point given the city's January vote.

Goodman spent Wednesday in a daylong City Council session and could not be reached for comment, a city spokesman said.

Jeff LaPour, whose $3.4 million Holsum Lofts project is directly north of the World View Plaza site, was traveling Wednesday and could not be reached for comment.

World View Plaza's furniture market plan will be reviewed by the city planning commission "within the next 60 days," Katchen said. He expects a City Council vote sometime in August.

Wall Street Nevada is a limited liability company formed in January, Nevada secretary of state records show.

The Clark County assessor indicates the company in March 2006 paid $3.65 million for more than a dozen parcels that form its nearly 8 acre site. The property spans approximately one-quarter mile north to south between Western Avenue and Union Pacific's railroad tracks.

Chanos Cousins, a limited liability company established by Nevada Attorney General George Chanos, recently sold 3.47 acres to Wall Street Nevada, Katchen said.

Chanos Cousins still owns approximately one-third of an acre at the southernmost tip of Wall Street Nevada's land; the property will not be included in World View Plaza.

George Chanos last year placed Chanos Cousins in a blind trust to avoid conflicts of interest surrounding the land sale to Wall Street Nevada. His office is investigating the city's controversial land sales involving developer Bill Walters.

An investor prospectus obtained by the Review-Journal shows a proposed flyover linking Martin Luther King Boulevard and Industrial Road. The elevated roadway would run through the World View Plaza site and over Chanos' property, Katchen said.

That alignment could benefit Chanos, who told the Las Vegas Sun in January, "If (the Nevada Department of Transportation) wants to run their bridge over that little piece, they're welcome to. They'll just have to pay fair market value and I won't contest it."

Maps show Western Avenue would be realigned around World View Plaza, funneling traffic directly into Grand Central Parkway at Charleston. Wall Street would be vacated to make way for the development.
Note there is an image render of the new market center with the wall street towers in the actual newspaper which is not shown on the website.

2nd note that a camera pan ofthe project site shown on the news shows it still to be filled with some warehouse buildings. So this "groundbreaking" may first involve the usual bulldozing and grading before anything resembling a building takes shape. I havn't seen any advertising of units for sale yet either, which obviously must begin soon. It would be a damn fine sight to see the two towers driving along by I-15. They would look huge since they're so close. These will be icons of downtown LV no doubt about it...

Just learning to use Google Sketchup to place buildings on the map but here's my downtown.

Last edited by Reverie; Jun 9, 2006 at 3:13 AM.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2006, 8:32 AM
Desert Dweller

nice^

Here are some updates (yes I'm still here but I've been busy lately which is why havent posted much lately)

- 4275 Dean Martin is now renamed Rocker Tower at 4275 Dean Martin according to the official website

http://www.4275deanmartindrive.com/

- Las Vegas Central finally has a new website after what a year or two? Not that many new things unless you register but there is a new rendering, Still like the old design but they still look cool

- Evolution is now called Evolution Lofts, according to the official website Tower One is about to start selling. The Tower is 28 floors high

http://www.evolutionloftsvegas.com/

- Metropolis has a new designed website, with a picture of the finished tower (looks nothing like the renderings)

http://www.metropolislasvegas.com/index.html

- Streamline has a new website plus new renderings videos, and a webcam. Also according to the website excavation has started, utility relocation is completed.

http://www.streamlinetower.com/index.php

- The Pinnacle has a shiney new website, not much but the opening intro and a description.

http://www.thepinnaclelasvegas.com/

Old Posted Jun 9, 2006, 8:39 AM
Desert Dweller

Wall Street Towers Redesigned

The Wall Street Towers are now called the World View Towers according to the architects website. I think the new design is way better

Old Posted Jun 9, 2006, 8:58 AM
Midwest Moderator - Editor

Hey, do you happen to know the status of these projects:

1. Kimberly Place Towers I-III: I guess this is proposed near Las Vegas Central?

2. Dynasty Tower/Rio Drive Tower/Hunter High-Rise

3. Flatiron

4. Mandarin Oriental Hotel for CityCenter: Has it been approved?

5. H.U.E. Lofts at Art Central: Has it been approved?

6. Vegas 88: Is this one still on?

Just trying to keep the Emporis status' current.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2006, 4:50 PM

Thanks for all the great pictures everyone. I was wondering if Planet Hollywood was still painting its building, does anyone have any new pictures of the Planet Hollywood??? Thanks

Old Posted Jun 9, 2006, 5:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
- Streamline has a new website plus new renderings videos, and a webcam. Also according to the website excavation has started, utility relocation is completed.

http://www.streamlinetower.com/index.php

Streamline is well under construction. The foundation has been poured and a crane erected.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2006, 10:24 PM
Desert Dweller

What do you guys think of my Montreux Las Vegas Diagram...UGH! its so ugly, I hate the fact that it looks just like the Bellagio just compare it to the real bellagio.

(both my drawings)

Old Posted Jun 9, 2006, 10:50 PM
Reverie

Those two are so similar that it's scary.

World View, a better name I'd say. I won't have to kept thinking of the stock market anymore when refering to it. Except now I'll have to fix my 3d skyline though.

The new design is superb. It doesn't look boxy anymore.

Don't kill me for saying this, but I think World View looks like Las Vegas Central before the downsize.

I've heard about Tommy. Aside from Club Ren, this tower is a fav to me because it's so thin and efficient, like real buildings in denser cities around the country.

Last edited by Reverie; Jun 9, 2006 at 11:05 PM.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2006, 11:57 PM

i go away for 2 weeks and look what i miss.

so much can happen in vegas so fast - its crazy.

im sure montreu will be redisigned many times. - its looks like the left half is actually set back from the right half, meaning that central cylendical tower (like bellagio has) seperates the two wings, so looking down on the building its makes an angular 'S' shape - (im guessing)

how is wold view/ wall street under construction: no advertising, no sales, nothing ?! - the 4th design is real nice, resembles the first very much.

what happened today that so many projects are renamed, redesigned, or given more webspace. ?

club ren is slippin thru the cracks i beleive.......

a sec hotel (maxum) next to circus circus =/ - funny that kiddy place needs to go i say!

its great to see pinnacle, evolution, and central getting ground.

now things like stanhi, renzi, and conrad/majestic, echelon, west ward ho, fontainblau (which should be releasing 'stuff' soon) all need to get on the boat and get goin!

on the diagrams list there is an mgm hotl expansion - whats that about?

and the 4th and 5th tower for signature at mgm? they are alot taller than the other 3....?????

im think flatiron and the rest of those 702 groups renderings MIGHT be just a concept....=/

super glad the market isnt not only NOT poped but geting bigger as time goes!!!!!

(btw looks like trump towers are goin with the balcony design - notice in the montruex rendering there are white balconies....-bleh)

oh yea - vegas 888 has there sales office open...rumor has it the 50 million dollar penthouse on the top floor has been sold....

the fantasy tower at the palms is now up and running - even tho is still u/c (still u/c!!!!) visit palmsfantasy.com

also i herd sky is looking to buy near by land to make a second tower. (so i hear- no quoting!)

Old Posted Jun 10, 2006, 12:03 AM

any gueses on this 'new' resort?

Old Posted Jun 10, 2006, 12:51 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG
^^^^^ i thought club ren construction would not jump track as fast as it sounded..... ....whats to come......?

ever wonder what the stratosphere would look like with some damage?

YES THESE ARE FAKE!

so remember a while back, i mention this movie: DOMINO? well here are some screencaps of the ending.......(its not ruining the movie for ya- its shown in the trailer that the stratosphere gets blown)

WOW!!!

Those pics really look scary even though they're fake!!
Horribly reminiscent of 09-11!

I've been away from this thread for so long that I forgot about it.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2006, 4:05 AM
Reverie

Quickly did some more buildings, yes most of them are box skeletons but I couldn't stand looking at an outdated skyline in google earth, and making buildings was somehow fun. But the height is correct since I used the diagrams page info from ssp!

And now I've put up a google earth file of the buildings for any other google earth user else who wants them added in the city.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...BB8DE832BCC7E5

Just download the file, open google earth, then open my kmz file and it will put the buildings into the map automatically.

If I update it again in the future I'll put up an updated version. (Or you could download google sketchup and try making some buildings yourself, it's not that hard and post them here). We could add all the best buildings and make an ultimate future vegas skyline file package.

Simulated view from the Stratosphere from some future buildings.

google sketchup download - program comes with a good tuorial that only takes a half hour or so to do.
http://sketchup.google.com/

placing your buildings into google earth
http://sketchup.google.com/support/b...241&topic=8539

Old Posted Jun 10, 2006, 4:56 PM

Pinnacle Condominium Price Increase
Pinnacle Las Vegas
Pinnacle Las Vegas
more images
Pinnacle Las Vegas has announced an increase of interest particularly in May 2006, and the current block of pre-released high rise residences is nearly sold out. At of the end of May they will release the next block in line. As a result Pinnacle Las Vegas also went though a 5% price increase.

Pinnacle condominiums will still be available at the original price for a short period of time for buyers that have previously expressed interest in the project. By placing a reservation now, buyers will benefit not only from the unit price increase but also from an amenities price increase.

The extension for expressed interested buyers in Pinnacle Las Vegas will have until Saturday, June 3rd at 5 pm (PST) to receive the reserved units at current pricing. Requests for the few remaining units in block one of Pinnacle condominiums will be accommodated on a first come first served basis, therefore, time is of the essence.

heres a ton of renderings of the village at queenridge http://www.manhattanization.com/las-...dge/images.rub

Las Vegas Buyers Sue Developer
The Related Group
Exterior Rendering of Icon
>>more images
A large group of condominium buyers that bought into Icon Las Vegas, a now cancelled high rise project, have filed a lawsuit against the developer Related Las Vegas, claiming that the company violated the purchase agreements.

The lawsuit was filed last week in Clark County District Court by 16 buyers from both California and Nevada. They are going to argue that Related had no right to unilaterally cancel plaintiffs’ purchase agreements when it scrapped its plans to build Icon Las Vegas.

Related blamed its failure to build on the skyrocketing construction costs and failure to obtain purchase agreements for at least half of the 514 units at both Icon Las Vegas within 180 days of starting sales, according to buyers' Las Vegas-based lawyer, Jay Waller. However, when the project was canceled only eight units remained for sale in the first tower and 53 units were available in the second tower, give or take a few, he said.

"They sold way more than 50 percent and had no right to cancel. Our clients had a chance to buy at other places like Sky (Las Vegas)," Waller said. "These people make promises. That contract is a promise. Increased construction costs are not our problem."

Related spokeswoman Stephanie Wilson said Thursday the company does not comment on litigation.

Buyers received a letter from the developer explaining that "unforeseen delays, including lawsuits, together with increases in construction material costs, have significantly impeded our development plans for Icon and affected the viability of the project."

Las Ramblas
The project, led by Marty Burger and veteran Florida developer Jorge Perez, was initially hailed as one of the stronger of dozens of high-rise condominiums planned in Las Vegas because of its solid financing and seasoned development team.

Icon was the second time Related abandoned a Las Vegas project leaving doubts in the minds of realtors and buyers about the Las Vegas High Rise market. The first was in early October when they backed out of an agreement with the city to be the master developer of a 61 acre Union Park. The third where plans for a 514 luxury residential units in two 28 stories. The fourth and last on the list is Las Ramblas. In all situations Related Group put the blame on skyrocketing construction costs.

World Market Center Las Vegas
Third Building Approved By The CityThe City of Las Vegas unanimously approved plans for Phase 3 of the project and the adjacent 9-story parking garage. At nearly 2.1 million square feet and 16-stories with a construction cost in excess of $500 million, Building 3 will be the largest and most diversified showroom structure planned for the 12 million square foot home furnishings campus.

World Market Center Las Vegas
World Market Center plans to pull permits and break ground on Phase 3 in the fourth quarter of 2006 with an 18-month construction timeline
. Once complete in 2008, the first three buildings will total 5 million square feet of permanent home furnishings showrooms across all industry segments with an additional million-plus square feet available at temporary venues.

World Market Center officials have already begun leasing Building 3 with nearly 15% of the space already committed.

"We are bringing the best of each market segment to this building and under one roof," said Jack Kashani, Managing Partner of World Market Center. "Such diversification allows manufacturers to cross-sell and cross-merchandise in a whole new way, and will expand business opportunities for them to reach new buyers across all industry segments."

Building 3 will allow significant growth opportunities for sectors of the industry that World Market Center already caters to, such as furniture and decorative accessories, in addition to offering major expansion opportunities for lighting and floor coverings, as well as fostering the introduction of new segments such as textile and floral/seasonal goods.

"The third building is by far the most diverse line-up and will make World Market Center and its suppliers a true ‘one-stop shopping’ destination for buyers," said Dave Palmer, General Manager of World Market Center. "In the next few years, Las Vegas Market will be poised to deliver the entire spectrum of products in all segments."

The layout of the third building is as follows: open-daily Design Center showrooms on Floors 1, 3, 4 and 5; home accent, accessories and seasonal merchandise on Floors 6 and 7; floor coverings goods including rugs, carpets, hardwood, tile, stone and laminate on Floors 8 and 9; lighting showrooms including portable and fixtures on Floors 10 and 11; furniture showrooms with an emphasis on high-end goods and contemporary sector on Floors 12 through 16. Each floor will be connected by sky bridges to Building 2 and 1.

Night Time At The World Market Center
"The first three buildings are configured in such a way that if one segment of the home furnishings industry has greater demand, the segment can expand vertically into new floors as well as horizontally into new showrooms in adjacent buildings," said Babs Blair, Director of Leasing for World Market Center. "Manufacturers of a particular segment can be placed appropriately to create an efficient marketplace, keeping the segments together and enhancing the buyers’ experience in terms of shopping by category."

Building 3 will feature a contemporary architectural design and boasts many state-of-the-art technologies, amenities and conveniences. Each level of the building, totaling 140,000 square feet each, offers open, easy to walk floor plans with optimum racetrack circulation as well as sky bridges connecting to other buildings. Rounding out the amenities of the building are "smart" building technologies, wi-fi access, full service cafes, internet lounges, ample parking, easy access loading docks, freight elevators and much more.

Phase 2, currently under construction and opening for the January 2007 market, is an impressive 1.6 million square feet, 16-story structure and is the largest non-gaming construction project underway in the city of Las Vegas. "Building 2 is fully leased and is a well-anchored building with very strong companies and larger showrooms across the board," according to Blair.

The 57-acre integrated campus, when completed, will boast eight buildings totaling 12 million square feet, making the World Market Center the largest trade complex in the world. World Market Center’s managing partners Jack Kashani, Shawn Samson along with The Related Companies, LP will continue to oversee the highly-experienced management, construction, leasing and operations team. The development team for Phase 3 will include Jerde Partnership International as lead design architects, JMA Architecture Studios as executive architects, in addition to many other experienced subcontractors and members of the trade.

For leasing opportunities in Building 3 please call 888-416-8600. The next Las Vegas Market takes place July 24-28 at World Market Center and Pavilions; the Temporaries will be held at the Las Vegas Convention Center and open on July 25. In all the July 2006 Market will be the largest Las Vegas Market yet with more than 2.6 million square feet of permanent showrooms and temporary exhibits.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2006, 5:43 PM
BANNED

Tell me something;

Has a developer ever gotten first dibs on that empty vacant lot that sits across from the Sahara Hotel and the big souvineir store?

It's been vacant for so long.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations